Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I dub thee "Storm Monkey" (Read 910 times)

xor

"...and we can say we ran it the year it rained a lot".  At least it wasn't cold.

Great big fun.

Well, sort of.  Not a good year for me.  Monkey PW, actually. By a lot. And as I will retire before Monkey-next, fooey.  That's not the way to go out. (LAST year apparently should have been it for me)

I threw away my shoes at the airport.

Great seeing everybody again and meeting some new people.

Sorry about the people who puked and passed out and stuff.

A Dance with Monkeys

Yes.  The year it rained.  I was there.

Imminent Catastrophe

It rained for a long time. Epic!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

Sorry about the people who puked and passed out and stuff.

It is healthier to puke and pass-out than to pass-out and puke. 

Monkey PW, actually. By a lot.

But you ran a long race in Alabama the day before.  I fell short of my goal of buying a sili cup and I didn't even buy silicone cups yesterday. 

I talked to some good people out on the course and loved the volunteers and after-race spread. 
          Some amazing woman at an aid station took my long sleeve shirt back to the start line too!

HoosierDaddy

Had a great time - harder than I anticipated.  Guess I didn't heed the warnings.  Nice to meet / see a few RA'rs.

Ouch.  My legs are not happy with me today.

It was an awesome weekend!  Thanks for putting on a great event, Trent!

Looks like you'll have to put off retirement, Robert.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I think the monkeys bit my foot at least 3 times, for no good reason I rolled my right foot twice around mile 14 and 15, and had a sharp spasm in the same foot at about mile 22,  enough to stop me in my tracks, but not realy injured, I don't think, so got to be Monkey attacks.

Running in the rain was fun, definitely better than the warm, humid  run I was dreading at the start.  

C-R

Monsoon Monkey was a blast but I really have to wonder when water wrinkles will go away.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Running in the rain was fun, definitely better than the warm, humid  run I was dreading at the start.  

+1 I was worried about 70 degrees after the last week being sub-50 in Ohio. I was thankful for the cooling rain during the run.

Monsoon Monkey... cute :-)

mta:

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I passed out...a1 puked. It wasn't a combo. Ran my worst marathon time in quite a while too. Sucks to be 15-20 minutes off what I thought I'd do....shouldn't complain too much I guess since I still got a croch monkey. I'm retired though. Done chasing a monkey 1st place.

How do you keep your feet on the ground, when you know you were born to fly?

Just a girl who runs.

A Dance with Monkeys

On which account?

How do you keep your feet on the ground, when you know you were born to fly?

Just a girl who runs.

Was it all a dream?

I call BS

When? My phone isnt't showing any missed calls...

I'm in the business of misery...

xor

The over/under on that was "15 minutes".

Sadly, all the action was on the over.

I'm back!

Ran my worst marathon time in quite a while too. Sucks to be 15-20 minutes off what I thought I'd do....shouldn't complain too much I guess since I still got a croch monkey. I'm retired though. Done chasing a monkey 1st place.

FWIW I think a 3:10ish Monkey is comparable to < 3:00 at -- say -- New York. And you were still beat up from New York. All in all I'd say you did pretty well.