Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey Training (Read 729 times)

"Gross" really is a subjective term, isn't it?
    What is it with you today and having good points?

The Thunder

Thunder...you're not supposed to eat Luna bars. They're for women. Roll eyes
      You know what...I was actually thinking of Lara bars. Ooops. My bad. Never had a Luna bar.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh hey...I took a "real age" quiz online yesterday. It said my real age is "2". Yes. It really said "2".

You know what...I was actually thinking of Lara bars. Ooops. My bad. Never had a Luna bar.
          Lara bars are awesome. Freaking awesome.

Oh hey...I took a "real age" quiz online yesterday. It said my real age is "2". Yes. It really said "2".
            I liked Lank's response over in the Great Scary Swamp.

The Thunder

Link?

Was the first question, do you still poop in your pants?
                mta: Lank's response.

There really is something glorious about it, isn't there? Those who mock us are just jealous.
                  Confused Are you folks serious? It really doesn't FEEL glorious to me. How are you able to wait until after the finish?

The Thunder

Confused Are you folks serious? It really doesn't FEEL glorious to me. How are you able to wait until after the finish?
                    There is no 'waiting', it just happens. I dry heaved once (1/2 Marathon PR) at the finish...but other than that, this was my only time. I felt crappy during the race...just totally spent, and when I crossed the line and stopped it just lurched out. It didn't feel bad, it felt pretty good actually, and I felt much better after it came out. I was looking around for my wife going, "Honey! Did you see!? I puked!"

A friend of mine once explained those that puke at the finish are runners with strong minds. They see a goal, they accomplish the goal, goal accomplished = okay to puke.

There is no 'waiting', it just happens.
                        Yes, that's the glory of it all. It's not like your run-of-the-mill stomach event where you start feeling sick, worry for a while, feel sicker, and slowly descend to the point of no return. This is immediate, unexpected, stunning. Glorious.

Oh Mighty Wing

I just want you all to know I love you and your tangents... oh and about the age thing... I don't think I recover as fast as Candice does.
                              I just want you all to know I love you and your tangents... oh and about the age thing... I don't think I recover as fast as Candice does.
                              Well...you're a little older, a little larger framed, and a little less experienced. Those things count too as far as recovery goes. I don't think recovery has solely to do with old and young.

The Thunder

Well...you're a little older, a little larger framed, and a little less experienced.
                                Grabs popcorn and waits to see where this goes. Big grin