Some Races Are Held For Charity
    And Some For Fancy Dress
    But When They're Run For Pleasure
    They're The Hills That I Like Best
    My Hills Are Always Towering
    To The Left And To The Right
    It's My Belief That My Big Hills
    Should Be Run Every Night

Man, sorry dudes. I probably should have reached out sooner. But sex, drugs, rock n roll. And hills. Big hills. Man, I've been busy. But yeah, gotta reach out to all you groupies. Let ya know what's up.

The hills are up. Big Hills. Heavy Metal hills. Dude.

Monkey is coming at ya. Big and loud. In your face.  This is a one date tour, coming to Monkeyville on November 18, 2012. Starting at 8am sharp, and dude, no encores. Don't even try. You are one of the unlucky ticket holders, so be ready to get your ear drums and legs blasted way out. It's gonna be BIG. It's gonna be Rock & Roll, baby.

Here is some info about the show and venue. Just enough to get you started.  I will resend this over and over so that you will feel loved.  Or maybe even read it.

- Your registration info is posted on the Monkey's website AND here: http://www.runningahead.com/events/Monkey/participants.  Please take a look to make sure it is correct.  Pay special attention to your number of prior monkey finishes.  I have found a few of you entered the wrong number.  As I have said before, that sort of false bragger angers the Monkeys, and they are likely already going to be angry enough with your trespass this Fall.

- As always, we will not have automatic text messaging of your splits from this race, to be sent to friends and family everywhere. We will not have finish line videos streaming over the web, indexed with your bib number. We will not have cheer squads along the way, with a competition for best spirit and costume. We will not have pace groups.

- Packet pickup will likely be at the Gordon JCC on November 17, 2012 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- Running is stupid. You cannot train for Monkey. You may as well give up now.

- If you happen to find wisdom while out jogging around, pretending to train for this thing, and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- And as you know, we are looking for volunteers on race morning. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend.  In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum .  If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

Anyhow. Fools and Rock & Roll. Go find some hills. 

We've got big hills
    Trent

"run" "2" "eat"

don't you mean.....

ROCKtober?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

DoppleBock

After Drunktember that made my ass fat

I am hoping for

Nobeertober to have a chance at surviving Monkey.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

i blame trent

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Slice

Nobeertober

What is this blasphemy you speak of?

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Are we supposed to be bringing  food or something?  

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

After Drunktember that made my ass fat

I am hoping for

Nobeertober to have a chance at surviving Monkey.

Yes, I'm thinking that Nobeertober might be a good idea. 

steph  

DoppleBock

Well that lasted all of 2 1/2 days - Drove back to home town 100 miles for a funeral of a friends dad.  Lots of friends around at funeral that I see 1-2 times a year.  We went to bar and drank for 2+ hour afterward before the 100 mile drive back + I still had work to do, so I was at work from 12:30-2:30am.

So No-Beer-Tober re-started on 10/4

Ass is just a little fatter than before.

Yes, I'm thinking that Nobeertober might be a good idea. 

DoppleBock

I know ~ This is my favorite time of year ... everyone finally gets all those shitty beers off tap and puts some real beer in their spots.  I love fall beer!

Sometimes it sucks to be me!

What is this blasphemy you speak of?

DoppleBock

I have made my "try to salvage Monkey" training plan

It involves drinking 3 days in October and 0 pre-monkey in November

With my 15# and 4 weeks of no speed, I have lost 30 seconds per mile on both LAT and CV - I believe I can get them back by Monkey = 18:00-18:15 5k and 37:00-37:30 10k.

Weekly road hill grinding (Dear God ~ Please keep my achillies in 1 piece)

I also we become more agressive on treating achillies - Ice vs Ice Cold Beer.

I still have the fantasy that I can get down to 2:55 Monkey Shape.

Slo

Lot's of talk about Beer...Does anybody mind if I bring Bourbon...or Rye...I'll share.

DoppleBock

Of course after I wrote this - I called up the wife, drank beer and watched the WI Badger game, then took the family out to eat - drank more beer and went out to see Hotel Transylvania - But we did not eat the movie theatre popcorn, so I have that going for me.

It appears all hopes of Monkey are lost as Beer-Tember slides into Beer-Tober.

Sigh ~ 

I have made my "try to salvage Monkey" training plan

It involves drinking 3 days in October and 0 pre-monkey in November

With my 15# and 4 weeks of no speed, I have lost 30 seconds per mile on both LAT and CV - I believe I can get them back by Monkey = 18:00-18:15 5k and 37:00-37:30 10k.

Weekly road hill grinding (Dear God ~ Please keep my achillies in 1 piece)

I also we become more agressive on treating achillies - Ice vs Ice Cold Beer.

I still have the fantasy that I can get down to 2:55 Monkey Shape.