Letters & Opinions

L&O Karma Thread (Read 911 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Did Karma always have this many lurkers?

Running is dumb.

BexKix, Bagel Defender

I made these chocolate cupcakes earlier this summer that had Fat Tire in them.  Now I can't find the recipe anymore.  But they were amazing.  Probably not a 2am while drunk thing.  It does involve the stove and I don't want anyone to get burned.

I've been known to become the pie fairy while drunk.  Oven use isn't an issue.  Big grin

Sounds yummy just the same. Smile

BexKix, Bagel Defender

I've always suspected. 

Might be an effect of multiple forum Karmas downloading into one thread, as well.  I may have posted in L&O Karma twice.

jerkasaurus

DYEL?

I believe it was the first thread here and was renamed the Karma thread after a couple of pages, so that could explain the increase in traffic.

I never did participate on the old one(s), so I guess you could count me as one extra.

themayonegg.com | baseball staches | fitocracy: @Hodorific

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I'm thinking yes.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

AutBatgirl

All of the new L&O suddenly seems to have a lot more lurkers. I didn't participate very often in "the other" Karma thread since I tend to read everything at once and then disappear for awhile (damn work, making me "work"). When I did peek in I was usually so far behind the conversation it wasn't worth the trouble.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

runny eggs

I believe it was the first thread here and was renamed the Karma thread after a couple of pages, so that could explain the increase in traffic.

I never did participate on the old one(s), so I guess you could count me as one extra.

That was most of it. What surprised me back when we had Eve on RW was the large number of views karma received relative to the posts. Lots of peeking but I think people got scared away or something. I always viewed the karma thread as "the land of the misfit toys" so I always felt at home here. Same thing with the version in BF when it was active.

runny eggs

I just moved to Colorado and I'm really enjoying it so far. The job market seems pretty good, as well (I brought my job with me).

I am green with envy. Are you on the Front Range?

AutBatgirl

Yep, I live in one of the little towns outside Boulder. I love having the mountain views every time I look outside. One of these days I'll get a decent camera and then you'll be really jealous.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

runny eggs

Yep, I live in one of the little towns outside Boulder. I love having the mountain views every time I look outside. One of these days I'll get a decent camera and then you'll be really jealous.

I finished grad school at CSU. My bedroom had a view of the foothills. *sigh*

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Cookie was supposed to post Colorado pictures here.  Total fail.  Sad

Running is dumb.

JEALOUS BIG TIME!!  I lived in Colorado for a short time and know how beautiful it is. Miss the mountains!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

runny eggs

Cookie was supposed to post Colorado pictures here.  Total fail.  Sad

I am also disappointed. Sad

tim uf

Upgraded: Sort of Broken

Tim, did I ever give you the recipe for those beer cupcakes?  Those are amazing.

i don't think so?

Chill, be mellow, and be in a mood for embracing the sun.

"ooohhh, what is the malted liquor, what gets you drunker quicker,
                              what comes in bottles or in cans?
                              BEER!"

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, I think I found my recipe!  Well, the recipe that I modified.  Here's my version.

Fat Tire Cupcakes

1 cup Fat Tire
                                1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
                                3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process)
                                2 cups all purpose flour
                                2 cups sugar
                                1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
                                3/4 teaspoon salt
                                2 large eggs
                                2/3 cup sour cream

Cake prep:
                                Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring 1 cup beer and 1 cup butter to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.

Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in another large bowl to blend. Add beer-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat just to combine. Add flour mixture and beat briefly on slow speed. Using rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined. Bake for approximately 15-25 minutes. 

You're going to have to go find your own chocolate frosting recipe, but I do remember making chocolate frosting for them.  And plus you don't use the entire bottle of beer, so you have something to sip on while baking.

Running is dumb.