Letters & Opinions

L&O Karma Thread (Read 911 times)

workinprogress11

I’m so sorry, Babs.

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks, guys.  It's done.  I'm mentally drained.

<3

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

So sorry, Babs. Thanks for giving her a good life.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

Aw babs… I am so sorry.

Little Blue

RIP, Bloo. You were such a good girl.

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks again, guys.  It is never easy, although it was easier to know when it was time with my last dog and two cats because they all got cancer and it clearly time to let them go.  I mean, it was easy to know when, but of course it was still hard to make that call.  With Bloo though, she just got old and slowly deteriorated.  At some point we had to decide that she'd just had enough struggling.  She was a dog that always chowed down her food and loved treats, and when she stopped eating, that was a clear sign that it was time.  I am incredibly sad that she is no longer with us, but I am also extremely grateful that she was in my life for 11+ years.  She was such a happy, friendly, sweet, well behaved, laid back pup.

<3

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Aww man...I'm so sorry, babs.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Aww man...I'm so sorry, babs.

+1

RunJasonRun

I'm sorry, Babs.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

Village people

That was how we decided with our older dog. I knew that once she stopped eating she wasn’t going to go peacefully on her own. Such a difficult thing to do. Big hugs.

StepbyStep-SH

10 years ago today I finished my first 24-hour run. With Mandy's help as super crew, I covered 90.1 miles.

I do not anticipate repeating that feat, but I'm glad I gave it a whirl when I did.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

10 years ago today I finished my first 24-hour run. With Mandy's help as super crew, I covered 90.1 miles.

I do not anticipate repeating that feat, but I'm glad I gave it a whirl when I did.

Wow that is awesome.

I neglected to note that 7 days ago was the 10-year anniversary of my first marathon. I did not actually own a GPS watch at that time, but here are the official race splits. You can figure out how that went.

Distance Elapsed Time Pace
                          0-7 mi 1:02:53 8:59  
                          7-13.1 mi 2:00:26 9:27  
                          13.1-20 mi 3:04:31 9:18  
                          20-26.2 mi 4:16:13 11:34

Dave

I am incredibly sad that she is no longer with us, but I am also extremely grateful that she was in my life for 11+ years.

dude, my eyes are leaking

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

I’m so sorry, Babs.

StepbyStep-SH

Went with a friend for a showing of a local adventure film series. The feature was a skiing film by the Teton Gravity Research Project - lots of backcountry and heli-skiing footage. Wow. Simply unbelievable videography to go with incredible skiing. I cannot imagine being lowered from a helicopter onto a summit the size of my dining room table and going down seemingly vertical faces. Or climbing to the peaks some of the climb to (and then rappel to the actual starting point). Not sure if it is available to stream online anywhere, but the title was Magic Hour. You do have to look slightly past all the product placement (can you be a backcountry skier if you don't drink Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?), but wow. I almost got dizzy on some of the segments of GoPro footage.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.