Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

9 miles  hr 120 / 134

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunpowerMax

December's 100 will be close to 32 hours Smile

I am planning on doing a 6 hour run end of this month with 51 km goal But I am not sure since I am running almost everyday here and cover aprox 13 miles or more every day. Body needs rest wen I am home I guess :-)

RunpowerMax

Hi, guys.  back from Chicago where hubby and I ran the 13.1 Chicago. I paced him so I was well below MAF.  I did 8 miles yesterday after a day of smoke from the fires making Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach counties unbreathable.  HR was 150.

Read your blog and looked at the images. You seem to have a good time :-) And euh... powerbreathe? I am sure it will help your asthma since it is bothering you so much. I am still happy with my progress

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

HR 125 /135.

The math goblin tricked me.

Goal 40  

Sunday

10* 5:40 AM

1.4* 2:20 PM

done 41.1

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Hey gang,

Back from vacation and a LOT of walking. Did my first run in about a month. Since April 1st, I've only run about 10 miles total, while walking about 130. I did a 1 mile MAF test and my running pace at MAF has improved significantly.

Run

2.25 miles

0:35:00

1 mile MAF test

Walk

1.25 miles

0:25:00

Here we go into the dog days of summer.

coool, running again!! 

Hey gang,

Back from vacation and a LOT of walking. Did my first run in about a month. Since April 1st, I've only run about 10 miles total, while walking about 130. I did a 1 mile MAF test and my running pace at MAF has improved significantly.

Run

2.25 miles

1 mile MAF test

Walk

1.25 miles

may I ask why you're only doing 1mile long MAF tests lately?

RunpowerMax

Hey gang,

Run

2.25 miles

1 mile MAF test

Walk

1.25 miles

Sounds like a good holiday :-) I am still on holiday, amost ran 130 miles I guess :-) Still enjoying myself here.

But... why 1 mile MAFF? The strength lies IMHO in more miles to see what HF does on the long run (literally)

BeeRunB

may I ask why you're only doing 1mile long MAF tests lately?

It all started in my dark, dark childhood on the rough streets of Central Falls...

But seriously, because I was in a walking phase, and I haven't wanted to run more than that. I get a good enough idea from the first mile whether or not aerobic speed is improving.

I think the improvement is partly from the walking,  and partly from the rest from running. Whatever the reason, I'm on the right track.

(gained some weight in Italy, but that's to be expected)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Read your blog and looked at the images. You seem to have a good time :-) And euh... powerbreathe? I am sure it will help your asthma since it is bothering you so much. I am still happy with my progress

Haha (I need to check it out!).  Thanks!

Hi, guys.  17 miles on Sunday at 145HR and barely breaking 12mm.  It was a hot and humid morning.  6 miles last night still super slow and yes, it's the asthma.  "powerbreathe"

Damaris

BeeRunB

Sounds like a good holiday :-) I am still on holiday, amost ran 130 miles I guess :-) Still enjoying myself here.

But... why 1 mile MAFF? The strength lies IMHO in more miles to see what HF does on the long run (literally)

I do long tests and short tests. The first mile is a good enough gauge for aerobic speed, and the added miles shows if you're drift is improving—slowing down less over a period of time at MAF or the same HR.

Doing short tests now because I haven't wanted to run longer than that.

Runslowalksalot

Haha (I need to check it out!).  Thanks!

Hi, guys.  17 miles on Sunday at 145HR and barely breaking 12mm.  It was a hot and humid morning.  6 miles last night still super slow and yes, it's the asthma.  "powerbreathe"

That's tough!    getting humid here too.   6 miles yesterday morning with the wife.   She was in zone 3 and I was struggling to stay in MAF, walking several times.  9:45's, my slowest MAF run of that distance  in a while.   The kicker is that I was coming off of a rest day and had no beer the night before.   To be fair,  2 nights prior was a rough one.   Our 4 year old was with the in-laws so my wife got me drunk and took advantage of me.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I didn't do my speedwork yesterday due to the lungs but still did 9 miles.  First 4 @ 150HR, the next 2.5 with hubby (below MAF) and the last 2.5 at 153HR.  Call it my MAF + day.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

13 miles HR 125 / 143. Really good run. It two miles at 10:45 with HR AVG 132 on downhill. 11:48 on the uphill.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

40:00 run

25:00 walk