Low HR Training

Hi Steve. Just Found Out About This Forum. Just Joined. Hi All! (Read 967 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm kind of interested in the low hr, but I haven't tried it, and I've been considering whether I need a HR monitor to try it -- because I don't like holding my finger to my wrist and counting even when I'm not running, and I've not tried it when I'm running. How hard is it to figure out pacing with HR monitor?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Coolrunning refugee here as well. Active.com.....wow, talk about dropping the ball. Amazingly inept. Happy HR training folks. Smile
      labhiker

another CR Low HR Refugee hoping to make the jump. Looking forward to meeting new MAF runners and continuing ongoing dialog with other refugees from the CR low HR Training group. My brief experience thus far indicates a great new site! Smile Im having trouble transferring my CR training log (3+years data). Any suggestions????

labhiker

Im having trouble transferring my CR training log (3+years data). Any suggestions????
          Did you email your CR log to Eric and ask him to import it for you? That's the best way to get started.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

kimber45

Another Coolrunning refuge. I was a lurker on the LHR thread. Would you all tell me what your user name was over at Coolrunning? I can't figure out who everyone is. I followed jjwaverly42 over here but I'm not sure who he is on this site. I can't keep up with all these changes. Confused
            wanderingoutlaw

Another Coolrunning refuge. I was a lurker on the LHR thread. Would you all tell me what your user name was over at Coolrunning? I can't figure out who everyone is. I followed jjwaverly42 over here but I'm not sure who he is on this site. I can't keep up with all these changes. Confused
              I was a very occasional poster on the coolrunning threads. jimmyb, who started this thread, is jjwaverly42 formationflier is jesse leitner, who started the threads on coolrunning

John

BeeRunB

I was a very occasional poster on the coolrunning threads. jimmyb, who started this thread, is jjwaverly42 formationflier is jesse leitner, who started the threads on coolrunning
                I used to be jjwaverly42, that's right!!! Now, I'm going one of my real nicknames. Sort of like reincarnation, huh? I'm enjoying the new digs so far. Making myself right at home, not being shy. I miss Jesse so, so very, very much. Where is our leader? --Jimmy
                  I'm on board. I was previously TommyL on CR. Have been reincarnated to runninghusker. I have been Maffing for about 1 year. Set a PR in the marathon this year of 3:04. I pretty much train like Jesse. Just a lot of miles(about 70 a week during base building) on hills at a HR of about 135-140. My MAF is 146 with the extra 5 beats but I get great results at 135-140. Looking to go sub-3 this year. Anyway glad to be here and to see some old faces, er names. If Jimmy and Jesse can change their names I figure what the hell. Tom
                    Another CR guy here with the same name as before. Funny, I've been using the training log here for a couple months and didn't connect the two until I came here and saw I was already logged on. Training log is great if you haven't seen it yet. I don't exactly use the defined Maffetone training right now, but the principles have always and will always stick with me. Majority of miles always at low HR. Like most geeks I have a running blog, come over and say hello. www.analytical-training.blogspot.com.
                    www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com
                      Hey Russ! Thanks. I think Jesse posts here under another name, as I am now doing (Jimmyb!) How's it going with the MAF training? Keeping sane? --Jimmy
                      Thanks for asking, it's going OK...I wasn't sane to begin with so no harm, no foul on this. Just trying to maintain until after the holidays. You know you had an easy week when you eat more cookies than miles run. I would tell everyone that I'm convinced that this is the way to train for the long term but man does it take some patience.
                      gregw

Hi gang. I'm not currently maffing, but I've create a login and thought I'd check in as a coolrunning refugee and MAFF "graduate." As a bonus I get to be "gregw" again instead of "gregw070."

Hawt and sexy

Jimmy? Is that you? Did you bring the crayons?

I'm touching your pants.

Hey all ex coolrunner here also. Training is going great. My maf pace suffered a bit after a medicine change going from 11-12mm to 13mm but thankfully back down to around 11mm. Glad to see alot of people come here that I respect alot. Happy running Mark
                            BeeRunB

Jimmy? Is that you? Did you bring the crayons?
                              It's me and I always have crayons.
                                Another CR guy here with the same name as before. Funny, I've been using the training log here for a couple months and didn't connect the two until I came here and saw I was already logged on. Training log is great if you haven't seen it yet. I don't exactly use the defined Maffetone training right now, but the principles have always and will always stick with me. Majority of miles always at low HR. Like most geeks I have a running blog, come over and say hello. www.analytical-training.blogspot.com.
                                Aharmer, Are you going to shoot for that sub 3:00 at Grandmas again this year? I think that is my plan. I'm going to sell out and hope for good weather. I need a 5 minute PR. Tom