Low HR Training

Hi Steve. Just Found Out About This Forum. Just Joined. Hi All! (Read 967 times)

Is Jesse moving over here?
      Hi RH, It's not in my plans right now. I've got a few trail ultras I'm focusing on this year and an all-out marathon wouldn't be a good idea in the middle of the summer. Hopefully I can get to the point where I can run sub-3 comfortably, then I'd probably go up there and knock it out just for the checkmark. I'll most likely be up there though, we'll stay in touch. What kind of condition are you in right now...training going well? Adam
      www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com
        Hi RH, It's not in my plans right now. I've got a few trail ultras I'm focusing on this year and an all-out marathon wouldn't be a good idea in the middle of the summer. Hopefully I can get to the point where I can run sub-3 comfortably, then I'd probably go up there and knock it out just for the checkmark. I'll most likely be up there though, we'll stay in touch. What kind of condition are you in right now...training going well? Adam
        I've been running an average of about 70 mpw of base mileage(all below MAF) since my October marathon. I am planning on continuing that and adding speed work 10-12 weeks before the marathon. I decided not to run Boston(or any Spring marathon) this year(too many commitments) and to wait for Grandmas. I love Duluth in the summer(all 3 weeks of it)and love the Grandmas party, plus if the weather cooperates I think that course is set up beautifully. And if I don't go sub 3, i know that there is plenty of beer and great bands to drown my sorrow.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Wow....get busy at work for a week or so and look what happens! Very cool! Welcome to you all...Hi Jimmy! Jesse has been a member of this group now for quite awhile once I yelled over to him one day "HELP"! Jesse is indeed formationflier...I was ultrasteve on the CR forum and after I started this up, no longer posted there. Again welcome all...I had a great 2 hour run on my treadmill on Sunday @ 135 BPM and 10 mpm pace now that we have all this snow here. It was great watching the Pats win again while I did my miles. Just for the record, a couple of years ago that would have been 145 BPM and 12 mpm! I'm 56, btw Wink Great to see you all here! Steve

Life is short, play hard!

run-easy-race-hard

Hey folks - I'm still here - I've just been really tied up the last couple of days! I've actually been posting on here for a while. For some reason I used leitnerj on the CR forum when I signed up, but I most often go by formationflier (those who *really* know me or those handy with google would know why!) I think I shall transport my training log over here when I have a little extra time, probably next week.
              I've been running an average of about 70 mpw of base mileage(all below MAF) since my October marathon. I am planning on continuing that and adding speed work 10-12 weeks before the marathon. I decided not to run Boston(or any Spring marathon) this year(too many commitments) and to wait for Grandmas. I love Duluth in the summer(all 3 weeks of it)and love the Grandmas party, plus if the weather cooperates I think that course is set up beautifully. And if I don't go sub 3, i know that there is plenty of beer and great bands to drown my sorrow.
              I'm envious. A couple weeks after Superior I herniated my L5 in a freak accident. Got back to running and had a setback. Took another 12 days off and have now been back for a week or two. I've got the Chippewa Moraine 50k in April so it better come along pretty quick. With your mileage you'll crush 3hrs this year...who knows, if my fitness indicator workouts say I'm in sub 3 shape maybe I'll come run with you.
              BeeRunB

Hey Adam. Glad you showed up.
                  I'm envious. A couple weeks after Superior I herniated my L5 in a freak accident. Got back to running and had a setback. Took another 12 days off and have now been back for a week or two. I've got the Chippewa Moraine 50k in April so it better come along pretty quick. With your mileage you'll crush 3hrs this year...who knows, if my fitness indicator workouts say I'm in sub 3 shape maybe I'll come run with you.
                  Sounds great. I know you were so close last year in that scorcher of a day.
                    Hey CR gang. I am on board. I got whacked when I posted my first message(on the "newbie" forum about slowing down. I guess using the word "gift" set some folks off. Fortunately,quite a few CR folks came to my defense. Glad to see Jimmy, Jesse, Willa, Adam and a lot of the old CR folks here. Hopefully, this didn't offend any of the RA vets. Nick
                      Hello Nick, Because of what you mention, I'll be joining a couple forum groups and that will be the extent of my participation. It's funny, I've been working in the corporate world for 15 years and have gone through several mergers/acquisitions. Always the same behavior as what we're all seeing here. There are individuals that will go out of their way to be hospitable to the new guy, those that are indifferent, and those that will go out of their way to make the new guy miserable. Don't take it personally, it's inevitable. Keep your head held high and go kill that marathon in February. AH
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey CR gang. I am on board. I got whacked when I posted my first message(on the "newbie" forum about slowing down. I guess using the word "gift" set some folks off. Fortunately,quite a few CR folks came to my defense. Glad to see Jimmy, Jesse, Willa, Adam and a lot of the old CR folks here. Hopefully, this didn't offend any of the RA vets. Nick
                        I came to your defense, also, Nick, and I'm not a CR person. Cool I'm glad you're here!

Why is it sideways?

I was one who was a bit freaked out by the influx and responded a bit too harshly to Nick's first post. My sense is that the site will be even better in the long run when folks calm down a little. Happy to have you guys over here.
                          BeeRunB

I was one who was a bit freaked out by the influx and responded a bit too harshly to Nick's first post. My sense is that the site will be even better in the long run when folks calm down a little. Happy to have you guys over here.
                            Your penance shall be 3 hours on the treadmill at MAF-20 pace while staring at a blank wall with no Ipod, TV, radio, or pets in the room, wearing a cotton shirt with no body glide on your mantitties, no fan, no farting, and three Hail Mary's, four Our Fathers, and all 15 verses of Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts by Bob Dylan every 30 minutes. Thanks for being stand-up. Very cool. I understand, It's natural to fear immigrants. Wish you the best. --Jimmy
                              Hey Aharmer. Could you lead me to a site that would have some good fitness indicatorworkouts. I would really like to keep tab every couple of months on what length and speed in races i could realistically race. Thanks, Mark

Why is it sideways?

Your penance shall be 3 hours on the treadmill at MAF-20 pace while staring at a blank wall with no Ipod, TV, radio, or pets in the room, wearing a cotton shirt with no body glide on your mantitties, no fan, no farting, and three Hail Mary's, four Our Fathers, and all 15 verses of Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts by Bob Dylan every 30 minutes. Thanks for being stand-up. Very cool. I understand, It's natural to fear immigrants. Wish you the best. --Jimmy
                                Ha! I know that song by heart: "The next day was hangin' day, the sky was overcast and black..."