Low HR Training

OverTraining (Read 437 times)

BeeRunB

A few articles on the states of overtraining worth reading:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/training/what_you_dont_know_overtraining.htm

Dr. Phil's essay

--JimmyCool

Jimmy, pretty deep article!  Timely though.  Just this last week I took more time off than usual and felt strong in the run the next day.  I "rested" both Saturday and Sunday last week and my run Monday was great.  Again I rested Thursday and Friday and my run this morning was again strong.  Felt great and my pace at MAF was quicker.

Now, I wonder do I really need to run 6 /7 times a week?  I don't think so.  Take it easy and stay healthy should be my goal.

Thanks for the article.

Chris

BeeRunB

Jimmy, pretty deep article!  Timely though.  Just this last week I took more time off than usual and felt strong in the run the next day.  I "rested" both Saturday and Sunday last week and my run Monday was great.  Again I rested Thursday and Friday and my run this morning was again strong.  Felt great and my pace at MAF was quicker.

Now, I wonder do I really need to run 6 /7 times a week?  I don't think so.  Take it easy and stay healthy should be my goal.

Thanks for the article.

I thought it added to Dr. Phil's info. Plus a little more about how stress is a huge factor, and sometimes the deciding factor, on whether or not you are taking a ride on the Over Train.

It's hard for many of us to take time off---real time off---no exercise. It still takes me a few weeks to get myself to wind down to just blobbing.

Currently blobbing and blubber-making.

Cool

--Jimmy