Masters Running

Monday Monday - Can't Trust That Day Runs (Read 476 times)

Wow - everyone must be REALLY sleeping in today. I don't know why it's so hard to get up on Monday mornings, but when I got up at 4:30, I was thinking about that Mamas and Papas song, hence the title for today's posts.

Some awesome times for half and full marathons yesterday. Karin, the Beers, Roch... you all inspire me to work harder and be a better runner.

5.5 miles this morning in IRC. 48°, no wind, and enough cloud cover so I could see where I was running. A decent 9:27 pace, followed with 5 minutes jumping rope and some ab work. It's hard to get up, but don't you feel great when you get out there?

I'm sure no one is overly interested in the Packer/Viking game tonight. The sports people here in town have analyzed the impact of the game a million different ways. It should be an interesting evening, and I hope the Packers can play well in the Dome.

Have a good day good people.

Love todays subject title. 
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

One of my favorite songs from way back.

3.5 recovery paced miles this morning at 10:06 pace.  The legs felt heavy from Saturday's 21 miler.  Butt they loosened up eventually.  I expect them to loosen up even more tomorrow when I do the same recovery run again.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Must be a generational thing.  If I think Mondays and music, I think Boomtown Rats.  "(Tell me why) I don't like Mondays..." 

Slow and easy 3 miler; feeling a little tender. 

I refuse to congratulate anyone until I see proper RR's. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

I'm sure no one is overly interested in the Packer/Viking game tonight. The sports people here in town have analyzed the impact of the game a million different ways. It should be an interesting evening, and I hope the Packers can play well in the Dome.

Have a good day good people.

I have faith in my Packers !

5 sluggish miles with T...ugggh...but at least I'm back from the Academy!!!!   Smile
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

PBJ wrote:

Yesterday, went for a run in the rain.  My running route was pretty hilly.  Completed a little more than 26 miles, in about 3 hours and 19 minutes.  Felt pretty good.

PBJ – that is NOT an acceptable race report....Excellent racing, though!

Rochrunner – see above post...

Teresa – you too.  We want more details!

PDR, WRFB, Karin – another big Woo Hoo!

Dg – very nice last pre-taper LR.  Now it’s just coasting in....

Erika – darn speedy LR for you yesterday – very nice!

Seattle Paul – here’s hoping shin clears up during taper.

Gordon - hiya!

Too much good food and drink at Saturday night’s cookout, and not much slowing down on Sunday, which means I’m back in diet mode, just in time for taper...Of course, DH just arranged for us to host a birthday dinner at our house next Saturday, which means lots of excellent food and wine, and here I will be, in my reduced-intake-no-alcohol taper mode.     Okay, maybe one or two glasses of red wine with dinner won't kill me.   Life is too short....  I told DH he could live it up, and I'll drive him home from the party....

6 easy-paced miles for me in 42°.  The river valley was drenched in mist (pouring off the river, I think), so much so that oncoming headlights along the river road were blinding, so I retreated to higher ground to finish my run.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

61° F. 73% RH.

7 miles with Ralph the Pacer Guy.

It was dark this morning and even darker in the woods before the swamp.

We could hear beasts galloping away from us as we ran up the crushed gravel toward the wooden bridges...

Hey.

Would someone tell me the plan for Columbus?  Is there a secret meeting place like behind the broken rusty swing set?

(Old reference to the 2007 VCM)

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Great, great racing this weekend. Everybody must still be out of breath, since I don't see no stinkin' race reports......

I forgot to congratulate Ribs on his fine race, and for sharing this: "Every one of these races and workouts is a new adventure for me."  What a great attitude.

4 recovery and taper-minded miles this AM.....36:08

Walt

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey.

Would someone tell me the plan for Columbus?  

I have no idea.  Maybe we should start a separate thread to figure something out.  If you like, e-mail me at hollys4874 at yahoo dot com and we can exchange cell #'s.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Ok......whew, got a little hetic here this morning. I think Jlynnes title hit the mark.

It sounds like the Masters had a great weekend racing ! A huge congrats to all.

I just may need to look into this Wineglass Marathon......It's really close to our anniversary, in an area I would like to re-visit, Easily combined with a Niagra Falls trip (that I didn't get to make this year).....I'm really likeing this idea.

It's really starting to look like fall here. The corn and bean fileds are drying up, leaves are turning and I'm starting to see Halloween decorations out.......not to mention the table full of gourds in the kitchenette downstairs.

Won't be long and I'll need to decide what Turkey Trot race I'll be doing.

Tramps

Would someone tell me the plan for Columbus? 

Head west until he runs into India.

It didn't really work out for him.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

(snork)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Alot of happy campers resting up from fabulous races!

After 2 miles with the dogs, I ran 6 miles in 49:57 (8:20 pace, AHR 151). Got in a groove the last 3 miles (even though the leg/knee/ITB.. was stiff) and cranked out 8:03 pace at AHR 155 which is a good combo.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

dg.

I think we should start a thread.  have been wondering what our plans are.  Rose I almost called you.

but I don't like to start threads.    howabout one of the extroverts?? 

Rosie cool run description.   

thanks Holly!   coasting... I like how that sounds.