Masters Running

MLK Monday 1/21/19 (Read 39 times)

fatozzig not that tough a kitty. My job gives me a lot of flexibility on where I work. I spent a lot of time lying on a couch with a laptop hooked into my office computer.

I went to PT today and also did 40 minutes on the recumbent bike. My PT is going to Charleston this weekend. I wonder if I can get adopted by her. It was 6 out when I went to her shop this morning. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

don't waste your time on "Crazy Rich Asians." Really. I don't get all of the fuss over that movie.

Hey, I LIKED Crazy Rich Asians....and frankly, I wasn't expecting to.  But it was light and easy and the views of Singapore were pretty neat.  Plus, I got it for free from the library....

I also really liked The Kominsky Method and Kim's Convenience on Netflix.

DH is going to visit his family in So Cal this weekend, and it would be a great time to catch on on the shows I like that he doesn't but right now I have nothing to watch, other than some DVRed episodes of The Graham Norton Show, and Doctor Who....

Leslie - I would love to go home, too, but still have 2 more hours.  Funny how you feel more sick when you are at work than when you are at home.  I have been hacking and coughing all day.  A nap would be lovely....but I am just dealing with a cold, not actual pain, so you have it tougher...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Didn't get back in here yesterday to post my run, but I did get 14.5 miles done on the treadmill yesterday as DH was out clearing snow off the driveway. Temps were hovering around zero and I'd normally run in that, but we got enough snow the past few days that hasn't been plowed (not on a weekend) so just didn't want to deal with it. Hard to find places to go run without dealing with traffic, so just stayed inside. 53.3 for last week's total, the highest mileage week in a long time.

Thanks for the wrap up, SteveP and love the doggie pictures! That looks like a nice trail.

Montana, where on Kauai are you? That's our favorite island. There's a great bikepath on the east side (Kapa'a) and some nice paths down in Poipu Beach area, where we stay.

Hope your day goes well, Leslie. Can you work part days to ease into it or are you just jumping back in?

Holly, how are you feeling? [ETA, you snuck in here while I was typing. Sorry you're hacking at work, it definitely makes it worse.] You really don't need a cold at this point. I think we're all finally getting better around here.

Mariposai how long are you in Seattle? Going to see anyone (non-family) while there?

Tramps, that's pretty cool that you played a role in having MLK recognized in NH. Seems really weird to me that they'd hold out so long.

Will get a run of some sort in today. Figure I'll take advantage of the day off to do that, at least. Feel the need for a rest day coming up though. DH and I have our ballroom dance class tonight. That's turning out to be a lot of fun and a good little workout!

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - nice week of mileage!  And it's just a cold, I will survive.  My ouchies are just about all gone, now I am just working on regaining fitness.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Tramps, that's pretty cool that you played a role in having MLK recognized in NH. Seems really weird to me that they'd hold out so long.

+1  altho DD had to take a vacation day because she and SIL have to work and kids have day off

we saw Crazy Rich Asians on plane (or most because plane landed early) - enjoyed it but the book was better.  I thought it would be hard to follow if you hadn't read the book but henrun said it wasn't

walked a couple of bitter miles then joined henrun on elliptical for a few minutes

Henrun

Got down to our fitness room for 20 min elliptical and 15 cycling.

It does not surprise me that NH took so long to recognize MLK but in the last few years the political climate has changed in that state. I had similar experiences when I lived there and my kids were young.

bioguy

Wow it was cold this morning! Anyone check out the eclipse last night? I did some planning for the week ahead at school. wote 5 more "encouragement" postcards with positive messages to some parents of students, and hit the grocery. What was wild was that nearly everything refrigerated, meats, cheeses, and the entire dairy aisle was being pitched out. Apparently they had a massive refrigeration unit go down. Employees were filling whole carts with blocks of cheese. I suppose they have insurance for that sort of stuff.

Mrs Bio did not want me to run outside, but I layered up and did 6 miles. The headwind portion was brutal (note to self-buy Vaseline for face) but the return was ok.

bioguy

Wow it was cold this morning! Anyone check out the eclipse last night? I did some planning for the week ahead at school. Wrote 5 more "encouragement" postcards with positive messages to some parents of students, and hit the grocery. What was wild was that nearly everything refrigerated, meats, cheeses, and the entire dairy aisle was being pitched out. Apparently they had a massive refrigeration unit go down. Employees were filling whole carts with blocks of cheese. I suppose they have insurance for that sort of stuff.

Mrs Bio did not want me to run outside, but I layered up and did 6 miles. The headwind portion was brutal (note to self-buy Vaseline for face) but the return was ok.

Joe618

Meant to mention the eclipse.   I didn't get up to see it but we had a sparklingly clear sky and the full moon was super bright at 6am, still high in the pre-dawn sky.   It was at it's closest to earth and indeed looked very large.   Spectacular sight.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Too much action here in the last two days for me to comment on, but I'm glad everyone is getting good mileage in in spite of the weather conditions. We lucked out again, only getting 2-3" of snow that was hardly worth getting the snowblower out for. Then today the dire warnings of the weather folks were so overdone (-5 with -20s windchill) that I actually overdressed to go on my Meals on Wheels route. It was sunny and there was no wind that I could feel, making 5 degrees not all that bad.

Managed 3 miles on the treadmill this afternoon. I'd like to do more, but struggle at motivation. Maybe next time I'll do it at Planet Fitness where it's more open, the machine is better, and there's more light and action.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

2.6 treadmill miles after work and the low HR went better than in the morning.   5.1 miles for the day.  It's still REALLY cold outside.

Stay warm, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

3.5 on the mountain tonight.  It was a good run!

I stepped outside last night around 11and looked up...the big white moon had become a tiny little orange thing...

Trails Rock!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, did have today off so a little more time with the family (now back in Montgomery).  Got the Christmas decorations back up in the storage area over the garage.  After that got in a run in the 'hood.  Sun was out...but temps in the 20s with wind chill in the teens.  7 miles in 1:00:03.

Cloudy at the time of the eclipse, but it cleared (and temps dropped more) so did get to see the moon (from indoors).

Have a greta night everyone!

Joe618

Hey y'all, did have today off so a little more time with the family (now back in Montgomery).  Got the Christmas decorations back up in the storage area over the garage.  After that got in a run in the 'hood.  Sun was out...but temps in the 20s with wind chill in the teens.  7 miles in 1:00:03.

Nice run Falcon.   And, wow, that is really cold for Alabama. 

KSA, nice job on a double dip on the mill today.   Hope your first day back at work wasn't too overwhelming. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Thanks, Joe.  We did have a crisis that I wound up dealing with even after my treadmill run this evening.  It’s always something!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth