Masters Running

running log link ? (Read 341 times)

TammyinGP

I see several of you have a direct link to your running log right under your name? Is there an easy, less then 3 step way to do that? I searched around in FAQ's, but couldn't find an answer. I've been keeping my log here since the beginning of the year so it'd be nice to link it to my profile. oh, and is hottubing considered cross training? Can I add that to my log? Clowning around thanks.

Tammy

I wanted to give you a nice easy link, including the url to cut/paste into your sig, but it looks like your log is private. So if you do create a link, I think only you will be able to access it (or it will become public, I'm not sure). A link to my log is Lou's log I think you will be able to see the code to use if you quote me, then cut/paste all of stuff between [a and [/a] (but change the [ and ] to the appropriate angle brackets). I did this by going to my log and copying the url in the browser between the quotes in the code above (which you can see when you quote me).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

btb1490

Tammy, go up to "options" in the top right of the screen, then go to your running log preferences. In there is a setting to make your training log visible to everyone.
        TammyinGP

Originally, I had my running log set to the option that says "allow users in my groups to view log" or something like that. I switched it to the public setting and now I see the link is there, so I guess that's all it needed. Thanks~

Tammy

Oh, sorry I completely misunderstood. I thought you wanted to put it in your sig line, say from KR. I still can't see the link to your log under your name, but you can see it so I guess that's all that matters.

btb1490

Originally, I had my running log set to the option that says "allow users in my groups to view log" or something like that. I switched it to the public setting and now I see the link is there, so I guess that's all it needed. Thanks~
              You could've kept it like you had it, but then the only way for someone to view it would be to go to the "Reports" option to the left, find your name in the list of users, and access it that way. That option is only available to members of this group.
              TammyinGP

oh, you can't see it WRFB? hmmmm, I wanted it so that anyone here in this group could view it if they wanted. I'll need to play around with it some more.

Tammy

TammyinGP

well, now it's not there ( the link under my name) I swear it was there before! Someone is playing trix on me . . .

Tammy

I can see it now!

Well, I could -- now it's gone. What's with that?

TammyinGP

ok - so it's not just me then . . . it was there and now it's gone. I think we outta just have a beer . . . .

Tammy

I see it...it's back! I do enjoy reading (and learning) from others logs.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          TammyinGP

well, not much to read or learn from mine. But I also enjoy looking at others and now I see some people have these cool custom colors and made their own names for various types of runs. I like that! I want all my colors to flow. I'm a visual person. And mine isn't visually very appealing. I still want hottubbing to be a cross training exercise too.

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

I think you need to cut back on your hot tubbing. Big grin

Runners run

Tammy, you should have an options tab in the upper right of your screen. Click on options and then log preferences. Then choose work out types. Here you can change colors and I believe add hottubbing!
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM