Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 6.11.13 (Read 45 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie, I think I missed something, are you out of a job?

I wondered the same thing this morning.  What's up, Leslie?

In-laws are here for one more day, so still pretty busy.

6.85 miles for me this morning in 69 degrees.  Lovely morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

I'm curious about this zombie thing now.  Do you pre-set the pace for the zombies?  Do you sandbag when they aren't around so you will have some energy to outrun them?  I think it could be fun.

Zombies run is a very fun app. that was introduced to my family by twocat. My two sons and I have it downloaded on our smart phones and we use it frequently during our runs.

While I don't carry my cell phone with me for all my runs, I often do for safety reasons and to have the ability to listen to music, or other more important things things.Joking

such as doing my fartlkes while running away from zombies in a flight to survive. The app. has some cool missions that you can undertake and in every mission you have a task to do with the overarching task of outrunning the zombies. During your mission you have the ability to gather supplies, which you can store in your township.

Anyway, I am sure twocat can tell you more about it.

Dinner anyone: lentil and broccoli yellow curry, spicy lentil dhal curry, veggies curry with a pile of white rice and previously frozen homemade nann breadSmile yeahhh Indian food is dinner  around here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

tomwhite--you crack me up...thanks.

10.2 miles in 1:18:01...I thought I was going to get dumped on by a thunderstorm rolling through but the rain stopped after a mile and then it got steamy...so got I soaked, after all.

Okay--that's it for me, tonight.  See ya.

evanflein

Well, I was going to go for a run at lunch, then got busy. So an after work run got planned, then late out of the office so delayed again. Then it poured rain! Ok, I can take a hint. Today was a rest day. Gotta start packing soon though, we leave tomorrow night!