Masters Running

Boston Meet-Ups? (Read 826 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, folks, we have six weeks until the Boston Marathon, so it's time to start the party planning. 

The most important question for me is, where will WRFB be with his beer? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Thanks, Holly, I was just thinking about this on my run yesterday. Also, do we want to try to meet up for dinner Sunday night??
        where are you staying this year?  unfortunately right now i am working friday and saturday nights 7p-7a but am trying to work on some switches...........really hope to meet up with you guys at some point - would love to do dinner out Sunday night..........i'm on human chains for race day but no idea what corral i'll be in front of at this point.

denise

We should make dinner reservations now, I think.  We're in Smile

Not sure where my beer will be.  The stars might have to align this year.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I know I'm new and all... but I would LOVE to meet up with you.

I'm traveling up there with my hubby and two girls and I think my inlaws may come... which means babysitters.  Smile

I belong to a small running group and all of the Boston qualifiers ran it last year, so I will be without running peeps.... so if anyone is looking to attempt to conquer the course together around 9 ish pace- give or take-  I'll know more in the next couple of weeks about goal pace.   I'm really just looking forward to enjoying the whole experience.

Sounds like great fun. Alas, I won't be making the trip in on Sunday night for dinner with the race the next morning. Take lots of photos!

If anyone is around on Saturday, I'll be volunteering at registration and would love to meet for lunch or something before I head to Western, MA. I'll ride in on Monday morning on my running club's bus. Can't believe it's just six weeks away....

Tick, tock, tick, tock

Hi Kimmie! So glad you are here.

Let me know what's up.  I'll be arriving on Saturday and staying on Boston.  I've already prepeared DW that Boston Meet-ups are expected and mandatory!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

where are you staying this year?   

Denise - Dinner Sunday would be great.  I really didn't mind the dinner that is provided free under the big tent, though.

WRFB - that's okay.  We still love you even when you don't bring beer. 

CNYrunner - I won't be getting in to Boston until early evening Saturday.  How late are you working at the Expo?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Are there any rumblings of a get-together like last year's at Robin's?  It was so much fun to meet so many of the folks that I feel I know already.  Not to mention TWO different and excellent homemade brews.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Oh yeah, that's coming up, isn't it? 

I'm in.  DW and I will be in town for a few days and I'll be catching up with old Boston friends.  Nothing's solid in the schedule yet,so if Sunday night dinner sounds likely, I'll be sure to keep that open.

Any ideas on dinner reservations?  I'll go wherever you experienced Boston runners decide.

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

I can't make it 'til 2011!  Ya'll will be there then too, right?   Big grin

Runners run

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

We're doing the Sunday night/Monday night stay - Marriott finish line. 

Nobody wants to do the trough dinner?

The PBJsters are always looking for free food you should see how many samples they take away from the Hynes.

Marathon Maniac #957

Nobody wants to do the trough dinner?

Hey, I LIKED the trough dinner.....and reservations and prices everywhere else are tough that night.  I'd as soon go for easy and free.

have to be honest ...... i didnt enjoy the chilly wind the day we ate at the trough a couple years ago, but the price was right and the company was PERFECT!!   i would love to find something affordable and not too congested so will put my thinking cap on ....... i can also pick up and drive as needed - i can take 4 passengers in my vehicle

holly - are you and erika at the best western on milnea cass?  thats on one of my routes to work when i need to avoid certain traffic jams

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Denise - we'd LOVE to meet up with you.  E-mail me at hollys4874 at yahoo.com and I'll give you my cell.