Masters Running

Sunday 13th Boom- Master Runs (Read 828 times)

Well, you know what they say about women and judging measurements accurately... Big grin
    Yeah...I'd rather not go there! Big grin I was trying to point out that with the miles you put in you've ran his legs off! Tramps...I thought the guy in you avatar was holding a cane...I should have realized it's a hockey stick. 15 long miles for me today. 11:06 pace overall. I tried to pick it up the last 3 miles @10:16. I tried the wave run also....everybody I met, I waved at. Now back to football. edited to add....Happy Birthday to Janie B Good!
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Manchild

Sarge- Your log and mine are nearly identical for the past week! PJ and Sarge, thanks for your kind responses to my queries. I guess I"m doing the right thing as I endeavor once again into this marathon thingy! Tall- You look happy!!! Congrats. Big grin Chris
      dg.

hi everybody, great to hear how many runs went so well, berger, perch, tory, enke, beers, ... I miss beerdog. thanks Holly. today went a little better yet, 24 min. on the elliptical, 45 on the recumbent bike. I think sunday morning is a good time to go, It was pretty quiet, at least when I got there. Except they were out of water, had been since Friday. oh, be careful with that hammy. PJ, that's a lot of running this weekend, especially if you're sick! I hope your new job situation works out well. Congratulations to you & Mrs. PJ on 34 years. Smile What a great picture Tall. It's great to see you so happy.
          Tramps, Are those Bobby Orr Special gloves? I had a pair just like them and also a pair of matching green and yellow skates. I was the envy of the pond all winter that year. Hope all the racers did well, sounds like MC smoked his. 10 mile Sunday run for me in 1:33.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mariposai

Our ski trip got postponed due to some "bathroom sink problems"that showed up this morning. DH is tenaciously trying got fix the problem for us right now. Since I am not really handy with tools, I decided to go for a 12 miles run. This was a fun run for me since I had the chance to run among the orchards and hit my favorite hill on the way up. The 35F weather is making the snow runnable, so I had to carry my yack track in my hands most of the time. I used it as a relaxing tool (every time I found myself holding them too tight it was a reminder to me to relax and loosen up). Is everyone as anxious as I am to read the RRs?? Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mustang sally

Bad faerie

17km for me, with 8k balls-to-the-wall-flat-out in the middle. 37:21 (~7:30 m/m), a 3-min PR, and 9/3x in my AG. (will correct stats later when results are posted) Lined up a few rows too far forward - this pack is fast and experienced - but was able to hold pace and even kick at the end, nipping another Old Broad near the line. Will not post RR, as this pales in comparison to our other friends' adventures. Here's a nice picture, though.

GreenMan

Nice Picture Tall, you are a lucky man. 15+ miles of biking 10 miles slow run <75% mhr 1.5 walking 10min in the ice bucket 40*+ started @ sunny and 40*+ cold and rainy by the end. mhr="" 1.5="" walking="" 10min="" in="" the="" ice="" bucket="" 40*+="" started="" @="" sunny="" and="" 40*+="" cold="" and="" rainy="" by="" the="" end.=""></75% mhr 1.5 walking 10min in the ice bucket 40*+ started @ sunny and 40*+ cold and rainy by the end. >
                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                Tramps

Tramps, Are those Bobby Orr Special gloves? I had a pair just like them and also a pair of matching green and yellow skates.
                  Bobby Orr...yellow and green?? They were my-older-brother-got-a-better-pair-and-I-inherited-these gloves. Story of my life as a kid Roll eyes Just got back from my running club's annual dinner where I won $100 in a random drawing from those who finished all the local Grand Prix races this past year. Random drawings are the only way I'll ever win anything having to do with running. I'm psyched; that'll pay for most of my races this year!

Be safe. Be kind.

Hill Runner

Hi everyone, I needed a rest day but wanted to chime in here. Nice runs out there today. I'll be back on the hills tomorrow and getting back to my usual morning routine.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

good evening all. a very late report of an early run. 7 miles in 1:09 and ending with walking in with a gimpy knee. Sad 57:00 at 6 miles of hills, so I was happy at that point. Tramps--That's not a spoked "B" but hope it represents the home town team. Smile I was a Bruins fan long before I moved to Boston, as the Rochester, NY (hometown) minor league hockey team was their farm team. I understand that women can have a problem with measurements, as they keep getting conflicting examples of what constitutes a foot. Big grin Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Tall, what a nice picture - you guys look so happy! What's with only two boys at the party, and 33 girls??? Pretty good odds for the boys, anyway. Big grin I ran 4 miles of 400 m intervals at the indoor track this afternoon, as DD did week 3 of the C25K. I really enjoy running with her, even though she tries to pretend she doesn't know me. Roll eyes Yesterday I ran 3 cold and snowy miles with my dogs. I meant to go farther, but running in the windblown snow was tiring and I wussed out. Waiting for the RRs.....

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Tramps--That's not a spoked "B" but hope it represents the home town team. Smile I was a Bruins fan long before I moved to Boston, as the Rochester, NY (hometown) minor league hockey team was their farm team.
                          The "B" was for my hometown (in NH) but I was definitely a Bruins fan as was my brother. My father, on the other hand, was a die-hard Canadiens fan which produced endless (good-natured) arguments--on Saturday night especially. "Soiree du Hockey" on CBC? Or Bruins on WSBK-38? My father usually won; he'd even make us watch it in French (his first language). Grrr.

Be safe. Be kind.

oops ribs. thanks for the nice words guys. race didn't go as planned, oh well. i'm glad it's over. learned some lessons, so i won't make those mistakes next time (i'll find new mistakes to make). race report: http://runningahead.com/forums/post/c603e6e1fb504f7d8d84769f49332aa6#focus met the selbs at the expo... wow, those guys are really just as nice in person as they are on the web. tselbs was telling me about his favorite solar-themed tv ad, and sure enough, i saw it at 4:45am on the tv in phoenix as i was getting ready for the race. coincidence? hmmm.... the conversation was friendy and cordial... well, until dave snuck up behind me and grabbed my arms, and tom punched me in the gut hard. "ha ha ha... have a nice race tomorrow mc!" doubled-over in pain, i watched in a state of confusion as they strode off, butch cassidy-sundance kid like, into the setting sun. you never can tell for sure by reading some guys on the internet... Shocked
                            mustang sally

Bad faerie

The "B" was for my hometown (in NH) but I was definitely a Bruins fan as was my brother. My father, on the other hand, was a die-hard Canadiens fan which produced endless (good-natured) arguments--on Saturday night especially. "Soiree du Hockey" on CBC? Or Bruins on WSBK-38? My father usually won; he'd even make us watch it in French (his first language). Grrr.
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kERvuPMhTA
                              evanflein

MC, what an amazing race report. I couldn't reply on the RR forum... no reply button ?? I was so pulling for you all along, and I agree with Twocat, it was still an excellent race and effort on your part. Overestimated your fitness? I don't think so. I think you figured out what might've gone wrong, but I don't think you're underfit... good grief, what are any of us?? Nice race for you, too Mustang Sally!! I like that 8k distance. 11 miles on the treadmill today... last 4 at MP. I was really really tempted to try the outdoor run thing, but besides the cold (it warmed up to -15 today so not "undoable"), we got some snow yesterday and last night that would've made the hills really hard. So I said Bah, do it inside. This was a hard run though, my legs were tired. I can tell it's been 4 days straight of running, with several of those miles at MP or faster. So, on to my condensed taper week this week. All EZ stoopid stuff from here on out, a few striders here and there but nothing much.