Masters Running

Saturdaily 4-7-18 (Read 41 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Did 24 laps (~16 miles) at Miles for Maria Spring Fling (3 hour timed race)

Tweaked my Achilles in the mud about 2 hours in, and had to baby it for the last hour.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein

Happy anniversary to Marj and Henry!

Happy Anniversary Marg and Hen!   I see what you did there, Jay!  I think 32,  33 and 34.

yeah- we don’t mind celebrating on USLaw’s dime!  Beer and pedal tavern tour of old town Scottsdale today.

sadly, a lawyer died at this morning’s conference.  Apparent heart attack.  63 years old.  The hotel was very inadequate in getting to our group with a defibrillator and someone who could use it.  We’re all pretty freaked out. He was from Portland, Maine.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy anniversary to Marj and Henry!

Yes, Happy Anniversary!

Cat - nice job!  But baby that Achilles - the good running weather is almost here, not the time to get an injury.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, safely back in NC.  No run for me today, got back late and rolled into a drill weekend.  Plus I really am going to try and rest what I think is runner's knee.  Weather here fairly miserable as well, cold (for us) and rain.

Mike, Deez, RunnerKSA; prayers for each of you (and your families).  While we had plenty of things to face (especially with DS#1) that has never been one.

RunnerKSA and Henrun; Happy Anniversary!

You can add Opus to the list of people to go see a hockey game with.

What I got to do this week (the board) not a lot of us get to participate in.  I had been in almost 30 years before I had the opportunity to serve on one (and I still have never served on a promotion board).  I did forget to mention that while we were looking at captains, majors and lieutenant colonels, a panel of general officers were looking at (and vectoring) all of the colonels.  It's a little disconcerting to walk into a room and a general you've never met reads your nametag, says your name followed by, "your name has sure come up a lot."  That's a very long story, but the bottom line is that I'll be heading to a base much closer to home (can't say where yet) pretty quickly (by reserve standards--it is actually one place where we are fairly different from active duty).  Needless to say, DW is quite happy.  I'll try to share more of the story later, but I'll say that getting me closer to home is more in the line of coincidence than planning.  I'm being sent on a mission and assuming it's successful I'll be sent to a staff position fairly quickly.

Have a great night everyone.

Mike E

MM #5615

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the funeral of a lady who died from early onset dementia.  She was only 55 years old and she had three kids who went through the high school cross country program...which is how I came to know her.  Today, I received a Thank You card from her kids.  This is what they wrote:

Mike, Mom always loved seeing you run along Birch Street.  She often joked that she should try to keep up. Thank you for being an inspiration to her--even if you didn't know.  There were days she'd see you run and head out too after deciding she wasn't going to--you changed her mind and we will always have so many memories of her doing so!

I guess you just never know who is watching and the impact you might have on someone.  All I was doing was running...something I love to do and do for myself.  It's nice to know it helped somebody else, too.  I sure needed this, after the week I've had.

That's a neat story, Mike, thanks for sharing.

Jay, that is a lot of round and round!

Happy Annerversary's to RunnerKSA & Henry & Marj!

After getting down to 3° last night I was surprised we got up to 37° today.  I spent the morning running errands, worked on taxes for a bit then went to a free Sinfonia Orchestra concert.at 2pm,  They are professional musicians from the Twin Cities area. They had clinics and workshops with the schools yesterday, then the High School honors orchestra played the first part of the concert with them.  It was really good. I'm glad I went, The concertmaster had glowing reports about the music programs in the schools here. --the best in the state he said --

I spent a long time this morning talking to DS Jake. He knows all about it and will help us come up with a plan.  He needs to be accountably to someone.  After the concert I had some missed calls from Jake. So, I went home to get my new Bose Soundsport Bluetooth speaker and used it for conversation.  It works really well.  Still no answers but he will call his dad tomorrow after church.

So 3 miles, walking, in my street shoes and thick socks after the concert. Sunny days make me smile.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Slo! Good to see you here.  How are the trails coming that you are working on?  You reminded me that I haven't posted a grandkid picture in a while...

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Great looking family, Starr.

Mike, that’s a terrific story- and lesson for all of us.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

2.2 easy miles this afternoon in the sunshine. Just trying to increase frequency and keeping it easy...

Sounds like a great day, Starr. Cute Grandkids.

Mike, that's really nice. Living by example is the way to do it.

SteveP

(((((Holly)))))

KSA - 34 years is fantastic. I'm sorry to hear about the tragic passing during your event.

Coastwalker-10lbs of scallops!! Salivating over here.

Happy anniversary to Marj and Henry!!!!

Thank You MikeE. It's a wonderful note.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Starr--the one sitting on the left looks just like you.  The others are cute, too...