Masters Running

Scale back goal thread - August 13 (Read 408 times)

Tramps

I've been mulling over Nono's theory that AC use leads to overeating.  I think she's on to something there.

About a half pound down for me.  Not a lot but it's heading in the right direction.

Start = 160

W#1 = 158.9

W#2 = 157.8

W#3 = 157

W#4=  156.4

Goal <155

Ideal = 150

How'd your week go?

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

I am a big fat cow.   

I was 117 this morning, up from 112.5 when I left for vacation on 8/1.  That's huge on a small woman like me.  I've tried to be good since we got back, but have only been marginally successful, and yesterday's catered lunch meeting, followed by a delivery to the office of cookies from a bakery, foiled my efforts.  grrrrrr.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Holding steady, but I was hoping to lose now that my traveling is over for a while.     <sigh>

Runners run

Ugggh - paying the price for a weekend of baby showers, company, margaritas, chips, salsa, wine, chocolate cake...... back up to 125. Like Holly, at 5'3", that's a lot of weight to pack on a body, especially when it's all in the middle.   I was doing so well there for a while too. And at my age, it's tough to take it off.  Oh well, back on track...
          dg.

nice, Tramps.   a/c.... interesting.   you're so organized!   well, at least as far as goals.  um, weight goals   

hi Ileney Smile

hugs to Holly (you are not) & Jlynne..    I know just how you feel.    it's always ups & downs... everytime I think I've finally gotten the whole thing to where it is no longer an issue, back it comes.  the trick is getting through the phases with some kind of peace of mind!

how do you all decide on  your target weights?  that sounds stupid, I think,  but I really don't know.  am just guessing. 

right now I'm not too bad, but not where I'd like to be... 117 this morning. (5 4 and a half ;-) ) I think I'd like to weigh 115 but like I said I'm guessing. 

Marathon Maniac #957

how do you all decide on  your target weights?   

Long ago, as a teenager, I read a medical chart telling ideal weights for various body types.  It was easy to remember that, for a small-framed woman (me), for 5’ tall the ideal was 100 lbs, and to add 5 lbs for every inch over 5’.  Therefore, since I am 5’1.5” tall, then 107.5 would be ideal. 

(I should tell you that I believe those charts have changed in recent years (much like the pants' sizes) and now show higher ranges than the days a generation ago when people in general were slimmer.)

I have at one time or another ranged as low as 85 lbs and as high as 144 (right before giving birth), and I can tell you that in fact, 107-108 is an ideal weight for me, slim without being a stick.  However, realistically, I may never see that weight again, mostly because I now seem to lack the strength of will to give up my snacks enough to get there.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

hi friends -- i am NOWHERE near where i want to be on the scale but not much i can do about it -- well i guess really there is -- like lay off the chocolate, chips and a few other things but right now i don't see that happening.........maybe september?????

denise

Renee the dog

I've been mulling over Nono's theory that AC use leads to overeating.  I think she's on to something there.

How'd your week go?

Spent 5 days in air conditioning.  +2 lbs.

dg, my "ideal" weight is 113 lbs., but I purposefully moved away from that weight about 8 years ago -- my skin needed a little more "plumping."  Unfortunately, after I gained up to 120 lbs, work got cut-throat beyond belief and soon I blew up to 147 lbs (and no I wasn't pregnant).  So, now I'm slowly working my way down to 125 (was there for a minute in the closet a couple weeks ago).  I'll get to 120 lbs.  I'm not exactly sure when.  Before spring marathon? Probably!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

sorry Holly dear . . . but you can't count your weight just prior to giving birth as being your 'heavy weight'. . . if that's the case, then my heavy weight was . . .uh, nevermind, not going there and neither are you!   . . . I think my lowest at my current height (5'9") was about 123 . . .back in the Dexatrim days  . . .

not sure where I'm at right now, haven't weighed myself in a few days and it always seems to fluctuate a pound or two each day, so I sort of need to take my weight for a few consecutive days to get a feel for what's accurate.

Tammy

SteveP

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

I'm down a pound to 167.

Not at it at all. 

I heard someone talking about AC leading to a decline of neighborhood life.  It's hard to argue.  As a kid, sitting on the porch or taking walks after dinner was pretty much routine for a lot of people.  Now I bet more than half of the people in America cannot name more than 50% of the people who live on their block.  TV and video games share the blame but if it is 80 inside and cooling to 75 with a breeze outside... folks always headed out. 

Tramps

how do you all decide on  your target weights?  that sounds stupid, I think,  but I really don't know.  am just guessing. 

That's actually a very good question.   I don't know what others do but I'd be interested in hearing.

My target is mostly from experience.  Once I get there, I'm pretty comfortable at 155; its fairly easy for me to maintain with a little common sense eating and I don't pay much attention to it.  It's still on the high end of the "normal" BMI index, but I don't really care about those scales.  I feel well, I can indulge a little now and then; that's my guide I guess.

If I get above 160, though, I feel like a slug and I need to pay close attention to diet to get myself back down (which is what I'm doing right now).  If I was more serious about running I'd work my way down below 150 but the self-denial necessary for me to get there isn't really worth it for me.  So, 155 becomes the benchmark; 160 is the alarm.

I started running more consistently a few years back when I was shocked to find I'd hit 180--okay, fully clothed with shoes on, at the doctor's office, but still.  That was a wake up call!

Be safe. Be kind.

Maniac 505

5"11 guy here.  the lighter I am the faster I run,  I set my marathon PR  3:30:08 a couple years ago when I weighed about 150.  I was always cold,  my raynuads always left my hands and feet white and splotchy

I am about 165 now.  not nearly as cold, but lots warmer, and lots slower.  I think I need to be some where in between

evanflein

Have no idea. I'm on vacation and overindulging with abandon. And loving every minute of it. For now at least. Don't ask me next week when I'm back near a scale!! I'm also running a lot this week, so hopefully it'll balance out.

Tammy, we're about the same height. Lowest weight I recall is from college at 115. Yep, almost anorexic, I'd say, looking back on it. Now I'd love to get back to what my drivers' license says... 135 would be nice, it was just a good "happy" weight for me a couple years ago. But I've been between 138 and 140 the last few months, and actually not unhappy there...