Masters Running

Sunday 5 April Runs. etc. (Read 478 times)

Yikes Walter - that must have been so scary!! So glad your daughter is healing well and making good progress -- kids have an amazing ability to recuperate faster than we can imagine .......you will all be in my thoughts. GO HOLLY GO HOLLY!! can't wait to hear from her!! nice long runs out there!! great picture tramps!! i rode my bike to BOSTON MARATHON PACKET STUFFING this morning --- wooohooo soooooo much fun!! the shirts are bright yellow tech shirts, marathon bags are bright yellow, volunteer jackets are bright yellow!! and all the runners are getting a very cool sticker in their bag this year - dont remember seeing one the last few years - 26.2 oval sticker with 2009 Boston Marathon on it!! then took the long ride home on my bike just to get a few extra miles in

denise

Best wishes for your daughter's recovery, Walt. Most of us have had scary moments with sick or injured kids, but your experience sounds worse than most. Hope it all works out OK. Went out to do the Sunday club run of 6 miles around the lake, but felt so good after the first mile that I decided to try to find one of the extended routes that I've heard people talk about. This took me on a path through the woods to an opening in a fence, then on back country dirt roads that were a lot hillier than I expected, then back into the park and onto the usual path for the last 3.5 miles. Finished feeling good with 9.4 miles at a sub-9:30 pace in IRC (35F, sunny, light breeze). Expecting several inches of snow (!) by this time tomorrow, so glad to get my longish run in today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

{{Ellie}} Hope she continues to improve. Kids are amazingly resilient so that's on her side. I agree with Nono though, trying to contain a 5 year old who is feeling better every day. That's a job. Take care of yourself, Walt. Get some runs when you can but don't push it. Go Holly! Cool on the 26.2 stickers, Denise! I usually don't put stickers on my car, but might have to make an exception for this one. Tramps, looks like you're winking. Been taking lessons from Sarah Palin? eek. Peter, two 20 milers in a row? I understand the not being happy with it. Sometimes a run looks good on paper but just doesn't feel right to you. I have a few of those... And this is for Mr PHinNJ: Angry I'll be planting my potatoes... in about 6-7 weeks!! Geez that seems like a long time. I'll be heading out for my run shortly after noonish. Gotta load up on blueberry pancakes, first. I was hungry last night, even after a snack, hungry this morning and down a pound. That's never good news for the day of a long run. Plan is 20, then I can officially taper down. I'll probably do a lot of my taper runs in the pool to make sure all my pieces and parts are in good shape for the 20th!
          I'd just like to echo all the good wishes for your daughter, Walt. I hope she continues to recover quickly. Wonder how Holly did... Tramps - you look like you're in a zone, just out enjoying the day on another easy run Out for 4 miles this morning, to work some stiffness out of my legs after yesterday's run. I haven't been that sore in a long time. The first mile was a little tough but I felt good after I got going. I've got a job interview tomorrow afternoon - one that I'd really love to have. Wish me luck!
            Good afternoon, all! Jlynne - best of luck with the job interview!! {{{{Walt and Ellie}}}} - hang in there Walt - no guilt in taking care of yourself. Hope Ellie continues to make good progress. Denise - thanks for the goodie bag preview - I can hardly wait!!! I did my last 20 miler this morning - on Airline Trail. Temperature was fine (43 at the start), but the wind was horrendous. The run felt strong, and AHR rate was only 161, so I think I'm ready. Taper time...... I had some over ripe bananas and made several mini-loaves of banana bread last night. I used it to make post run banana bread french toast - yum! Go Holly! Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

Having not run a marathon in a year, I had forgotten how Fargin' Hard they are. Marathons ain't for sissies, that's for sure. 3:57:16 Smile More later...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Having not run a marathon in a year, I had forgotten how Fargin' Hard they are. Marathons ain't for sissies, that's for sure. 3:57:16 Smile More later...
                Yes Yes Yes Smile WTG!!!!!!
                evanflein

That's a BQ for you, darlin'! Congratulations! Looking forward to the details.
                  Slo

NICE FARGIN RUN HOLLY Big grin Happy Sunday All.......Tramps, I would have hated to se my picture from a run earlier this week. Lets just say I found another food to avoid prior to a run.......A co-worker who saw me commented the next day that I must have been out for a "hard" run......I only wish ! Very nice run Sue....can't wait to see your Marathon time. 6 for me on the treadmill..........rain, wind and sleet...... Just enjoying a quiet Sunday.
                      WAY TO GO HOLLY!!!! I just now spoke with Holly on the phone and she sounds great and strong after her fargin' race. Smile Happy for you my friend and I know there is more to come. I called Holly on the way home from my run today---2 miles easy and then 8 miles in 1:02:37 (7:49 pace) at the 41st annual Ron Hebert Road Race and then 2 miles cool down easy jog. I was very happy with this as my goal was to run 8 mile pace and hold it as best I could. The course is very hilly---elevation change of almost 1,000 feet between miles 2 and 6 and the wind was gusting at 25 mph most of the way. Small and speedy field (top woman ran a 54:02 and is 49 years old). The race is sponsored by my running club, so it was good to see folks and blow off the rust after my injury down time. I still have the remnants of this dang cold, but it was a good baseline run. Chatting with Holly on my way home boosted the feeling even more. Even though the run was tough Walt, try to get some miles when you can and know that we are all pulling for you and for (((((((Ellie)))))))) MTA: GO UCONN Women!!!!! You are right Bruce, how could I forget?!!!!
                        Woo Hoo Holly!!! We want the whole story - soon!
                          Walt, {{{{hugs}}}} to DD! Take care of yourself. Tramps, I'm glad to know what you look like! Nice picture. Holly, WTG!! Can't wait for the RR! Denise, must be so exciting to be a part of such a huge event! I am just now getting a chance to post...Yesterday was a grueling 12 miles under duress as I had an appt. at 9:30 am so I had to cut it short by 1/2 a mile. Then we drove to N'ville and saw Jersey Boys, which was fantastic. Today I felt like a RAG DOLL Wink and only ran 3 miles. 3 more weeks til 2nd 1/2 of the year, the Country Music. Probably as big as Boston, with over 25K entrants...I don't enjoy big races like that, but oh well... Congrats to all of you who are headed to Boston..how awesome that is.

King of PhotoShop

That's a report I am looking forward to. We all needed some good news here. Very well done. You didn't just sneak in either. You roared in. Great training equals great racing. Spareribs

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

That's great news Holly!! BQ baby! 2hrs elliptical and 6 miles walking w/ dogs and DD1 Guess I'd better start running this week with Boston coming up.... eek! Leg is feeing better and cardiologist said I have to run Boston. 5 weeks taper will either be good or bad.. but it's only 26.2 miles.... that's nothing, right Skip?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Walt, hope things continue to improve for your daughter. Holly, that's a nice farfignugen of a race! Good job. 20 miles for me this breezy and blustery day. I know there are more songs out there with "run" in them, but I'm too tired to think of any more.... So I'm double dippin' and retreading this one. It seems appropriate. We've been through some things together With trunks of memories still to come. We found things to do in stormy weather Long may you run. Long may you run, Long may you run Although these changes have come With your chrome heart shinin' in the sun Long may you run. Neil Young
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM