Masters Running

Newbies - the new thread (Read 905 times)

Beginner all over again

Wednesday Report

Evidently overdid it with my Run, Bike, Run.

Took a 2nd day off in a row today.

I felt "almost ready" though.  So for me, Thursday, a short-run day!

:-)

How is everyone else doing?

Frances, how far did you run bike run? That would kill me even when I am in triathlon shape. What you did was a duathlon. I do like the idea of cross training. Especially for a beginner runner.

Kevin, I must be missing out on all running ahead can do.  I dont use the logs and only really use the boards. Free meaning the Boston marathon for spectators.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Beginner all over again

, how far did you run bike run?

Are you able to see my log?

I tried to make it public so you can see. Click on the Bar Graph icon under my name to the left.

It was on three separate days, and they were all long distance and/or long minutes. 

Yes!   I can see it and am most impressed!   Look at the progress, and look at the consistency.   Congratulations, and keep up the good work.   Woods Lady

Beginner all over again

Thanks, Woods Lady, for letting me know, and for your encouraging comments.

I took a peek at your log too.  Great effort, look at those recent races. Fantastic.

Everyone -- I'm laced up, ready to run, was checking my log to double check what my plan for today's run was and what I've been doing, make sure they correlate well.......and I realized.........I forgot to "wonder whether" I was sore today still.  I'm not, so it didn't even come to mind.

Yippie.  Yay me.

I tell ya, I am happy enough to be even a lousy runner as long as I'm not sore, hurting, or injured . 

I'll be back later to upload my Garmin.  Love the data!

dg.

Hey Frances... have a good run!    It's great to see you so happy .  yay you!

this is a cut back week on my plan, & I'm taking advantage of it, even though I've cut back the last couple of weeks for rehabbing.   I think this will have me ready for week 9.   My turn for yippee.  Smile

Anyway, I did 4.69 this morning, a little more than it called for but it's a nice loop by the river.  Pace getting a little better, compared to the last couple of weeks. 

Hi Woods Lady!  I've been meaning to PM you.   And I will.  just don't know when.  sigh.

Linda how are you?

Rindaroo

Hey Debbie - breathing is getting better Smile  slow walks at lunch have really been helping the bronchs heal.

Frances. I dont know how to get to someone else log. How is this done? I probably couldnt do it at work with this computer from hell. We bring up a web page then take a nap waiting for it to load. Ugh.Glad no soreness for you. Means your getting used to all this running.

Linda, what do you mean by 'heal'? Is there an injury or what went wrong? I thought it was asthma.

Deb, glad youre doing well. Was it knee that was bothering you?

I tried archery yesteray with DD14. She liked it and wants to join the club. This is really important to me that she have something that she can call hers. She is quitting soccer after 15 seasons so she needs something to fill in. Plus when we get enough equipment she can shoot in our back yard. It was fun and not all that hard. I liked it. Next month she is getting tested for Aspergers syndrome so archery will be a good calming stress reliving activity.

Going to make it to the pool or gym or something both today and tomorrow. Its been the week from hell. Work overtime all 4 days so far. And ended a long relationship just today.I need to run soon!

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Rindaroo

Laurie - Aspergers Syndrome?  what is making you get her tested?   My DD loves archery.. she is taking a YMCA camp later this summer that is fencing & archery.. she is so excited Smile  this week is soccer, next week is basketball.  Well it is exercise induced asthma, but what happens is if I push the bronchials too much, they shut down.. basically I can't breathe and no amounts of resting helps.  The steroids only help a little.  So, that's why before they kept pumping me up with more and more & it just really wasn't doing much.  The only thing that helps it get better (which is why I said heal), is exercise but at a very low level, below the point of symptoms, and the bronchials kinda jumpstart & remember they are suppose to work again.  But, it is a gradual increasing over time...  So, this is why its important to have part of my treatment as the running & why my first pulmonologist put me on drugs to enable the running..   but its a balance act, do to much, the bronchials shut down, don't do enough, they don't work very well.. oy! 

Oh & when I say gradual increasing over time..  you have no idea how hard it is to walk as slow as that! Yesterday I was just finally starting to walk at a more normal walking pace.

dg.

Hey Debbie - breathing is getting better Smile  slow walks at lunch have really been helping the bronchs heal.

laughing smileylaughing smiley

I'm so glad!    We should give you some kind of award or something.  Any special requests? I do have an idea of how hard it is to walk that slowly!  Good thing it's working, huh?

Thanks Lauie.   My knee & ankle are the newest things, the same old things are still there, but it getting better.  I'm really glad DD14 likes archery.  It's tough enough being a kid without additional problems.  Sorry to hear about your relationship.... this was the good one, wasn't it?

Frances, how was your run yesterday?

Apparently I"m taking the day off today.   It wasn't the plan, but I got up early & was just so busy all morning, getting things done, that I never got to the core work part.  Well, it's ok.   Monday was supposed to be rest & I did an hour of core work.   So I'm right on schedule.  Wink.   Short run tomorrow, mini LR Sunday.

Mike are you done with your trail blazing?

Kevin, what day is it?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

judging by my calendar, it was sucky run day      just 3 miles with a 1/4 mile break in the middle.  blah.

computer battery died last night and just getting back.  more later.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hey, Newbies.   For inspiration look at the threads of the people from here who ran in the Seattle Marathon today.   Big success, big fun, and big inspiration.  Congratulations to them all.  There were others who ran in races today too.   Woods Lady

LInda, are there certain sports that make it act up? Certain ones that are easier? So when it acts up what do you do? Just suffer or is there some climate or thing that helps? Humidity?

Deb, seems like its always one thing or another with us. Glad its getting better though. "the good one". I have so many that they are starting to get jumbled. Yeah, good I guess. But thats it for me. i am glad to be single and free.

Mike, Florida still?

Theresa, Bar Harbor still?

2000 yds for me again today. I borrowed the Westfield Y pool today because I was in town and didnt want to drive to Sprinfield. Nice large pool with 6 lanes and blocks. But that pool was wierd. It was always wavy and rough. Like a lake in a storm. Even when I was the only one in it. Strange. I like calm water.

Leg is bad today and yesterday. I dont know what I did. But I am back on the heating pad again.

Early bed for me. I have to be up at 5am to volunteer at the YMCA tri tomorrow.

Laurie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Laurie, tell that leg to behave!  Geez, bodies can be annoying!

We got back from Bar Harbor late last night.  I'm doing laundry and packing like crazy today, so we can go up to our cabin tomorrow afternoon.  It's strange to have two weeks of vacation in a row, but in two different places!  I'm sure I'll forget a lot of stuff.  It's in the middle of the woods, so it's about a 40-minute drive to get to the closest store, too!  We don't have electricity, but we do have a propane fridge and oven/stove.  It seems luxurious after tenting up there for so many years.

Geez, bodies can be annoying!

I know. And I would really like someone elses about now. I am fed up with mine.

Great time at the Y tri today. Met some wonderful people. Had a good time. Got to watch some awesome athletes.

Laurie