Masters Running

Weekly Newbies. Welcome More Runners. Where are you guys? (Read 590 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

all at once??? that sound much more complicated than joggling. Big grin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

All right Robert. What do you do? Travel the country full time running marathons? How the heck do you lead a normal life and get to them all????? Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

dg.

a normal life is highly overrated.
        xor

All right Robert. What do you do? Travel the country full time running marathons? How the heck do you lead a normal life and get to them all?????
          I don't lead a 'normal' life. I did, however, live in Hawai'i for awhile. I also haven't been traveling to run to nearly as many races this year as I did in the past few. Edited to add: most of what I do is care for someone with cancer, which is lots and lots of fighting with insurance companies, medical billing, etc. Beyond that, I do corporate training, and I'm a writer.

arf

MM #405

I'm just here to spread the goodness of pie, to chew bubble gum, and to kick ass.
            Hmmmph...and all this time I was sure that you were here to satisfy my obsession with pinching your cheeks Sad arf
              Robert, welcome! We appreciate experienced runners here too. Where in Hawaii did you live? I am from Kailua and Ewa Beach. Hey my DD and I am tentatively planning on running the Jacksonville marathon this year. Jacksonville is another place we lived. Will you be there? We were going to do Disney this year but the half filled up and she wont be ready for a full in Jan. Deb, yep! But a lot of us are stuck in it. Still no runs for me. I started to stretch yesterday for a 3 mile easy run. I got as far as two stretch kicks and had to sit down. Then I vacuumed my car and was totally worn out. This cold/flu whatever it is is kicking my butt. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

ps, you guys who havent seen lopez' blog or race schedule should go check it out. Its pretty amazing. Laurie

xor

Where in Hawaii did you live? I am from Kailua and Ewa Beach. Hey my DD and I am tentatively planning on running the Jacksonville marathon this year. Jacksonville is another place we lived. Will you be there?
                  The other Kailua (Kona) on the Big Island. Actually, more specifically, I lived south of there in a town called Captain Cook. My mother was a Big Island local girl. There are two marathons in JAX. It is unlikely that I will be at the December race. I really want to come back to February's Breast Cancer Marathon, especially since that is my big cause, but the planets may not align next year. Not sure.

#artbydmcbride

I sure hope to see you at a marathon next year, srlopez/Mia. Smile

Runners run

S Lo, Oh Kailua-Kona is my favorite town! I love the big island. I just informed my daughter yesterday that the name of it is really Hawaii. She thought the Big Island was its official name all along. LOL. DD17 and I are considering the Feb Jacksonville marathon. Hope the stars align for you. Shaka bra. A lousy 30 minute run/walk today with the club's clinic. It was fun and great to be with the women in the clinic. I wanted to run more later but was so stuffed up that I couldnt hardly breath. This is frustrating. Where are you guys? Laurie

Me

Hey everyone, Exiting cave now. (squinting at the sun) Looks like I missed a few things. How is everyone? Hey Laurie, My little brother just made chief. SOC William White - I'm so proud. It looks like I just committed myself to run the Virginia Beach rock-n-roll half next Labor Day weekend. Cheers. Mike
                        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Mike--welcome back. I think it's the social whirl in the new place, not a cave that's been distracting you from more important places Wink Guess if you're going to run a half, this means you're still running? I though I was going to have to treadmill it at the hotel tomorrow, but took a walk around looking for a Target, and found that it's in a somewhat new and not completely populated plaza that's huge. I'm thinking that I'll be able to get in a few miles going around the edges and not have to worry very much about traffic at 6am BTW, I'm in Hagerstown, MD for a few days. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike. There you are. Jeez you had us wondering if we lost you. Congrats to Chief White! The rates have changed so much. Whats an SO? Supply Officer? Lol sorry but thats my best guess. Kevin, some day the stores will be so huge that we will be able to run around the inside of them. If I were a store owner I would build an indoor track around its inside. Laurie

Me

I am still running, although I took a few weeks off for my schedule, a cold, and assorted other excuses. Kevin - You are probably right about the social whirl. Although it is a really small town. I have been doing some hiking and volunteering on trail building stuff. Laurie - SO = Special Operator. It's a fairly new rate for NavSpecWar guys. He used to be an Engineman. I ran yesterday, so not today. (That means I'm resting). Cheers Mike
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mike. There you are. Jeez you had us wondering if we lost you. Congrats to Chief White! The rates have changed so much. Whats an SO? Supply Officer? Lol sorry but thats my best guess. Kevin, some day the stores will be so huge that we will be able to run around the inside of them. If I were a store owner I would build an indoor track around its inside. Laurie
                                Yes, I would definitely visit a store with an indoor track! There are only two in our area, and they are both at colleges. I know you can pay to use them, but I would think the campus parking would be too limited. Sigh. I don't mind cold, it's just the wind and ice that gets to me.