Masters Running

MAY Challenge (Read 70 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

I had a church meeting that ran late so no run, tonight...and, sorry, but I did not do 800 crunches.  But I did do, 100 sit-ups, 50 side crunches to each side, 100 bicycle crunches, 100 of those things where you lie on your back with your hands behind our head and bring your knees up to your elbows, and 100 crunches.  So a total of 500.  And it wasn't easy.

Marathon Maniac #957

10x1' hold wall sits.

Are these 1-minute wall-sits?  Ten of them?  Nice job!

Mike - wow!

Two 60-second wall sits for today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I sure felt the abs, today, on my run.

3 x 1 of wall sits

Mariposai

Holly, yes.

30x crunches.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hoodoo Guru

Did the wall sits last night with an exercise ball between me and the wall.  Yikes!  Totally different feeling trying to keep the body and knees stable.  Also without anything hard to brace the back against it seems like the legs do way more work.  I think I did three 30 sec. sits, which is less than half of my normal.

{{whine}} I was wiped out from a run in 80 degree temps yesterday.  Those first couple of hot runs of the year just destroy me.  I ran a 1/2 marathon 3 weeks ago yet struggled through 4 miles yesterday {{end whine}}

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

500 crunches

Mariposai

{{whine}} I was wiped out from a run in 80 degree temps yesterday.  Those first couple of hot runs of the year just destroy me. 

Agree!! I forced myself all last week to run in the afternoon so I can prepare myself for marathon this weekend, which promises to be hot!

120 crunches...

MikeE...you overachiever!!!Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Yesterday, 200 crunches.

Today 3 x 1-minute wall sits

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

10x1' wall sits

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 1 wall sits

Mike E

MM #5615

500 situps/crunches yesterday and 3 x 1 minute wall sits today.

Marathon Maniac #957

Let's see, 200 crunches the day before yesterday, and only one 60-second wall sit yesterday, because my thigh were toast from riding my bike up my steep hill home.

Mike E

MM #5615

400 crunches...I'm glad a did 200 before my 20 miler 'cause I was barely able to get 200 more after.

Hoodoo Guru

Rather than do wall sits Saturday I did squats.  Due to a back problem I haven't done squats in years, so I did one set of 25 without weights, then did 25 with a barbell with 20 pounds and a 3rd set with 20 pounds.  Legs and butt are delightfully sore today as I can really feel those muscles.

The tangents are moot.

Marathon Maniac #957

Only two 60-second wall sits today.  My legs were sore, and I didn't want to push it.