Masters Running

Solve Timbo's Puzzle... (Read 811 times)

O.K., so you bump into a woman after work, she looks down at your foot and says "is it true that the size of a man's foot can determine the size of his.............", oh never mind, I'm sure that wasn't it, was it? Jewels
    Jewels I will finish the thought for you, and it is true... the size of a man's foot can and does determine the size of his...running shoes

Renee the dog

Tim, Did you inadvertantly flash someone? Shocked

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim, Did you inadvertently flash someone? Shocked
        No, but a couple of months ago I did a super goofy thing to my Techs....Big grin just thinking about it. In my office I un did my pants and loosened them up enough that I knew they would fall down as I walked. I waited till all my Techs were standing around shooting the bull, Then I walked out into the shop and as I walked my pants kept slipping down till they all the way down to my ankles. My oh my....the looks I got were priceless Surprised, and I just stood there in my boxer briefs and gave them a look like..........what, what's wrong Clowning around. It was really funny too, with them trying there best not to look down Man, I have done sooo many goofy things, I could actually write a book and bet it would sell. I am the ultimate in practical jokes too....watch out Seattle R&R Marathon Folk ...you may want to sleep with one eye open Evil grin TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

You were distracted by watching a good looking woman at the gym, and you walked into someone or something? Or you fell off the treadmill? Not sure how this fits with the clue about cold weather in Alaska, except that Erika runs on a treadmill when it's really cold out?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

....watch out Seattle R&R Marathon Folk ...you may want to sleep with one eye open Evil grin TimBo
            I guess that depends on if you planning on walking around at night with your pants around your ankles. . . Tongue

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

You were distracted by watching a good looking woman at the gym, and you walked into someone or something? Or you fell off the treadmill? Not sure how this fits with the clue about cold weather in Alaska, except that Erika runs on a treadmill when it's really cold out?
              I am currently meeting with the judges to determine if this is close enough....I really thought Tammy was going to get it first though....then in swoops Carolyn. Will let ya know the verdict later...........then the story if she is right Cool And yes, the reference to Erika was for the treadmill. Boy, my blunder really left a mark too Black eye TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

sorry Timbo . . . . I got distracted at you walking around with your pants off . . . . I can only concentrate on one thing at a time you know. . . Wink

Tammy

Perhaps he wasn't just watching her but was actually talking to her when he slipped off the TM. That would be a tad more embarrassing.

Once a runner . . .

Tim, I was running in the gym and the guy on the treadmill next to me jacked the speed up way faster than his ability to run. When you fall on the ground you typically have some sort of tuck and roll, physics dictate that the energy has to be dissipated some how....usually scraped hands, bruised shoulder. A treadmill fall is one of the funniest things I have seen in the gym. The guy fell forward and hit the ground. With no forward momentum and the belt moving at 7mph he was ejected from the machine somewhat unceremoniously as a crumpled (embarrassed) heap in the back of the machine. I almost fell wrenching my neck to watch as he was spat out the back end of the beast. He stood up red faced and stormed out of the gym...never to be seen again. The funny think was how fast Elvis leaves the building. 7.0 miles to be exact, your brain is programmed to see forward motion when someone falls, when they suddenly shoot backwards its like the alien movie where the thing pops out of that guys chest...you can't help but stop and stare...so...maybe I chuckled a little too.... Did the beast shat you out... tim? Please tell me you got back on .... Karl

Marathon Maniac #3309

Perhaps he wasn't just watching her but
                      True Big grin I'm at work right now, so I don't have the time to tell my story...but yes, I got back on Embarrassed Tammy Tammy Tammy Roll eyes TBo

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ok, this is going to take awhile as I just got super busy at work

Renee the dog

Oh Tim, you weren't trying to imrpess a girl with a version of this were you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeeR4Vnvs8U

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Congrats Carolyn....you win Cool You will be receiving a full size poster - personally autographed - of TimBo running shirtless...enjoy Wink …Wow, glad a guy didn't win Tongue Ok, here is the embarrassing scoop Embarrassed First, let me say I don't look at Women as just objects, as most of you here at RA know about my genuine heart. Given that...I am still a single guy that notices beautiful / sexy women...well, guess married guys do too as long as they know where to draw the line. Also I might mention that I never run on treadmills, and I only am now to better control my paces during my run / walk workouts, plus the surface is softer. There I was at the Y last Tues night, to do my run / walk workout on the treadmill. Due to the New Years Resolution Folk, the Y was completely packed. The room where the treadmills are, is a huge room where the weight machines - free weights - ellipticals - rowing machines - spin bikes - and stretching room are. I had just finished my walking mile and started to run. All of a sudden I noticed this Super Hawt Woman walk into the workout room….prolly about 35 years old or so. She was truly a bombshell by all definitions of the word, and was built like a Brick House…literally. One of those women where a guy thinks, good lord…..then I thought of this song” “She's a brick----house Mighty might just letting' it all hang out She's a brick----house The lady's stacked and that's a fact, ain't holding nothing back. She's a brick----house She's the one, the only one, who's built like a amazon We're together everybody knows, and here's how the story goes. She knows she got everything a woman needs to get a man, yeah. How can she lose with what she use 36-24-36, what a winning hand! Chorus The clothes she wears, the sexy ways, make an old man wish for younger days She knows she's built and knows how to please Sure enough to knock a man to his knees Chorus Bridge Shake it down, shake it down now” __________________________________________________________________________________________ Kewl as she walked up to the treadmills, and the one to my right opened up....lucky me I thought. Ok, being ornery here, but boy was her “puppies” bouncing around even before she got on the treadmill to runShocked…ok the Wimmin here goes Roll eyes. As a lot of folk do, she had a hard time turning the treadmill on ( I was already turned on...my treadmill people, I don't know what you all were thinking) Big grin, so I told her hi, and I helped her get the treadmill going. And off she went….bouncing around and all Cool Hey I tried not to stare, but geez I couldn't help myself. Well, there I was running and thought she sure had great curb appeal walking in, so I wanted to see how the “back yard” looked…if ya know what I mean. I figured I could slowly ease to the back of the treadmill while running to get a better look…you know where this is going now, huh? So I was slowly moving backwards then off the back of the machine I went, and BAM….a super big face plant on the platform / belt which left a huge welt on my forehead and took the skin off my elbows, and both lenses of my glasses popped out. Ok, to this point this would already be a funny story, right?...not even close to being finished yet. There I was face down on the treadmill with it still running (shouldn't the stoopid thing have shut off, noooo not for me) and I was trying to get back up. I was on all fours actually looking like a doggie trying to run on a treadmill, but kept falling down time after time Big grin…I thought of Roy and Woody at this point, really. I now need to give you a brief description of how the treadmills are sit up. There are 10 treadmills that are all lined up very close to each other, and the back of the treadmills are only a few feet from the back wall… just enough room for a person to stand behind the machine waiting for their turn, which leads me to this…the gal standing behind me waiting for her turn, and a big gal she was. As I almost made it up on my feet, the belt threw me backwards again and I knocked the legs out from underneath the gal behind me (big gal like I mentioned). She fell so hard on top of me, I did another face plant and I was laying flat on my belly with the stoopid treadmill still running, and my shirt got caught in the belt too, and ripped it almost completely off. Due to the close quarters, she had a hard time getting up and off of me…and I am sure that looked funny. Then the thought hit me…why in the heck is NO ONE trying to help and turn the treadmill off? Probably because it was the funniest thing they have ever witnessed. Finally I has able to somewhat get up on my hands and knees again, as the belt was rubbing my skin, and as the gal was trying to get up and off of me too. Some personal trainer dude finally came up and tried to turn the machine off, but couldn't. But he helped me and the gal up, and said they had been having problems with that particular treadmill with it not turning off when it should. After I got up I noticed everyone in the whole room had stopped what they were doing, and had witnessed the whole fiasco….great I thought. Then I just did a bow – waved – and did the Elvis “thank you, thank you very much” thing. I then said out loud…. that the next showing is in an hour, and tips are welcome. And yes, I found another treadmill to use to finish my workout….hey, I don’t let anything come between me and my workouts, especially only a few burned areas and my bruised ego. And I had to tie my shirt back together the best I could, they are particular about people wearing shirts at the Y Roll eyes Then going back to the Y since, inevitably, I am going to see the same people who witnessed all this, but they were really good spirited and humored about it. Talked more about it last night in the locker room with 3 guys, that saw the whole thing. And we talked about "Brick House" lady too....ya know, guy talk. Yeah, like you wimmin don't do the same thing TongueSmile What’s the moral of this story……..ummmm, maybe look at wimmins eyes more instead of other parts….but that’s no fun!. And now that reinforces the fact more... that I hate treadmills, but sure luv peeerty gal's Smile The manager at the Y, which is a good friend of mine named Steve, is going to try and copy my episode onto a DVD from the security cameras in the room...hey, could make it on U Tube if someone here knows how to do that. Your GoofSter TimBo

TammyinGP

You know, I love creative writing and have to do alot of it in my job . . . . my even my own creativity could NEVER have come up with that episode. That needs to be a youtube . . most definitely . . . and probably even an episode for a comedy show. oh Timbo Timbo Timbo . . . I cannot WAIT for Seattle . . . because surely there will be a few comedic moments there as well. . .

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

I can't wait for the video...Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."