Masters Running

Moving on up to Monday 11/19/18 (Read 35 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker has a frosty 8.4 and makes dinner with stuff I can't pronounce. Some of the hobbies we have in here are real corkers.

RunnerKSA has 3.1 premonkey miles. She gets a socializing fix and addresses the lingering crud. Ugh.

Tom White gives the lowdown on snot & scat.

Mrrun is down but not out. She spends precious time with GD#1.

Jlynne churns  out the cross training with coffee cup curls.

Spacityrunner has a 1.5 recovery run. I'd be on cloud 9 for a week with if I had the same success you had on your 1/2.

Runr_nut takes in a rest day.

Stumpy is adopting a heartwarming furball.

TammyinGP channels her inner mountain woman and gets a high 10.

Falconfixer pauses a workout for a bit on comradery. After getting 2 in, he finds ranch living has ups and downs.

Tetsujin209 has some trail time in with a stunning view.

Joe618 suits up and heads out. He runs a 10K to help enjoy the day.

Evanflein has 15.3 with technical difficulties. Here's wishing you some mojo.

Mariposai flutters on in to celebrate her fall like niner with the easy pacer.

DW and I compromised about making a trip to pick up a turkey that's on sale and we did it her way. She made a concession and we packed Tag and picked up two grand dogs and we wen't to a state park's trail system for 2.75 miles on a snow covered leaf strewn trail. I had to keep reminding Marley, "No licking Grampy's head while he's driving". After the distance, I had this for 6 miles to the store.

The store was again, out of the turkeys that were on sale for $.37 lb. We have a certificate for $25.00 of the cost of a turkey, and DW was determined to find a $.37 lb bird who's total price was $25. and we were in danger of leaving empty handed again. Finally, she realized that I was dead a$$ serious when I told her that if she can find a 60+ lb turkey, she's going to be the one carrying it. We got her 20 lb bird at $.89 lb. I got a small 12 lb bird at $1.18 and started brining the bird for a date with the smoker.

The pop rock magic ice for the reindeer food didn't go so well. I got the concoction to 300F. Added the baking soda and it was going well. The mixture was cooling too slowly when I added the powdered citric acid and Holy Over Flow Batman!!!

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Good job on the compromise, Steve. I'll bet that brined and smoked bird is going to be mighty tasty - probably even more so than the reindeer food...

5.5 walking miles in light snow an 32° temps at 4 this morning. Thankfully, the snow wasn't sticking to the roads. Why is it that snow falling in front of a headlamp makes it look like a strobe light?

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tom White gives the lowdown on snot & scat.

..........well, not exactly........

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nnc2.ark:/13960/t46q2pn4g;view=1up;seq=9

let's just say

they never should have left me alone in the Med Center Rare Book section

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

In addition to massaging, stretching, and strengthening my sore right calf I added some walking. I set a soft target of 10000 steps per day. Some days I use my Garmin and make it official and other days I'll just take a few laps around the condos every hour or so.

Today, I used the Garmin and went 3 miles. That gets me halfway to 10000.  I also mixed in some jogging. 10-20 strides at a time.

I made 10000 on Friday & Saturday, but last night as I was going to bed  I saw I was at 8900.  I almost went out for a couple loops around the condos, but they decided to just start the streak over the next day and went to bed.  (It's about 600 steps around the condo loop.)

Thanks, Steve, and good compromise!   I’m still in my PJs enjoying an “illness recovery” day off and dealing with email from home.  I’ll head over to the path in a few hours for some running.  I so seldom do this and it’s nice to just relax at home on a weekday.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

My son is taking economics in grad school right now...your trip(s) to find the Cheap Bird illustrate almost everything he's learning, Steve.   Should make you and your treks a case study.  

Dave, good on you for the steps...that's a good start.   And the fact you know it's 600 steps on the loop around the condo says something...not quite sure what...but surely something   

Jay, that's a very nice, very early walk.   Snow at 32F can be an enjoyable experience.

I'm taking the Thanksgiving week off from work...wow, it's nice to wake up on a Monday and just sit down and read for a long stretch.   Like a lot of folks, I use 3 days of vacation time and am off for 9 days.

No running today.  Will run tomorrow, then off Wednesday before some speed work at our local Turkey Trot 5K on Thursday, then a FA-style 50K trail run on Black Friday.   Looking forward to it all.

Rock on, folks,

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

TammyinGP

how come I never hear the words "we compromised and did it Tammy's way" ???  

no run today. just working. and since I'm only working two days this week, it's like it's Friday Eve already! woot!

Tammy

Henrun

Raining this morning and I have a bit of the crud, so I obeyed rule #1 and went down to the fitness room and did 30 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes of cycling and the usual stretches.

Dave59-keep walking. We live in an urban area and do most of our errands on foot and walk addionally just because we like to walk. 10,000 steps comes up quickly.

We have a subscription to a speakers’ series and have one tonight starting at 8 pm. Since we’ve been falling asleep at 8 the last few nights, tonight will be a challenge 😌.

...we should do things tammy's way.....

=========

...40-min PoolRun/shoes...

I will tentatively announce I Am Well

and

then proceed to go out and do Something Stoopid

(I try to stick

with what I'm Good At)

.................Good Work-Outs to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

tomwhite, at least you know your strengths! We all tend to go out and do something stoopid just when things are going well, it seems.

Glad turkey-gate at SteveP's seems to be resolved. I was getting worried there. But good thing you guys compromised.

No run here today, at least nothing planned. I've got a three day week, but it's pretty "light" as far as meetings and stuff so maybe I'll get something done?? Looking forward to four days off.

The pop rock magic ice for the reindeer food didn't go so well. I got the concoction to 300F. Added the baking soda and it was going well. The mixture was cooling too slowly when I added the powdered citric acid and Holy Over Flow Batman!!!

Where did you find the recipe for this concoction?! And your description of events is no good to us. Pictures of the overflow please!  And thanks for your recap. Glad you solved your turkey problems too.

So the colon is a "human garbage box" eh Tom? A fascinating look at medicine back in 1914 (I think?) And wow - surgery for constipation?! It must be pretty bad to consider this as a possible solution.

Lots of folks off today - some because of illness (feel better, KSA and Henry) and some to make a long Thanksgiving holiday (enjoy Joe!) And it looks like everyone is only working a few days this week. Nice.

It was 27° this morning with no wind. I went out for 5.67 miles, then came home to stretch and change clothes and headed to the Y for my 30 minute personal training session. Lots of TRX, kettle bells, planks, squats and mountain climbers today. I haven't lost any weight but I feel just a little bit stronger. And I definitely think it's helping my hamstring problems. They're not quite as bad.

Going to head over to the candy store shortly to fill out paperwork and get a uniform. Yes, Wilma Wonka will have to wear a white apron

Have a good Monday people.

Went over to the path and did 6 miles.  Did the whole thing with my long sleeved Oiselle shirt on inside out, which I did not notice until I was back at the car.  Smooth!    HR was really high and the whole thing was on the verge of miserable, but I was glad to be outside.  It was 56 and gloomy.   Went to the gym and did some weights afterwards and switched the shirt around.    My resting HR is about 20 beats high- from the Sudafed and just being a little sick in general.   This will pass.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, add me to the list of people taking the week off.  So had time for a 6 mile, pre-rain, run.  Then took my car to the dealership for a recall (for the passenger airbag).  Will need to find a set of stairs (or something) so I can get the rest of my flights (stupid activity watch!).

Steve, that compromise sounds familiar.  Hadn't thought about smoking a turkey...I get so involved when I fry them....  I have smoked chicken before (along with a Boston butt).  Will be curious to read about the type wood, etc.  As for brining, I like the Alton Brown recipe (basically salt and brown sugar); usually do that then inject with the creole butter before frying.

Have a greta day everyone!

SteveP

Where did you find the recipe for this concoction?! And your description of events is no good to us. Pictures of the overflow please!  

Taking a picture would have resulted in DW hiring an attorney who would often use the word “justifiable”.

The recipe was my own. All of my ideas are thought out very well. Many of them are still bad ideas.

SteveP

Had to drop the car off at the dealership this afternoon and instead of using their complementary shuttle service I ran back home for a total of 5 miles.

Happy running!