Masters Running

Happy Sat Master Runs - Races - and Whatever (Read 428 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning.... Up early, eating - hydrating and ready to kick 20 milers butt. Goooo Holly, and anyone else racing today. Tammy...lets do this thing, as I will be running with ya this morning! Hope everyone has a Greta Day. Timbo PS: I had such a good day, and a lot of fun last night...with #'s (grins)

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Slo

Mornin All

Thanks for the opener Tim.

Getting ready to head out the door for an easy 8 - 10.

I'm supposed head up North and join in a large group ride.....beer drinking ride. 50 miles, 4 stops....not including the start and finish bar. It's usually a good time but looks like wet and with storms likely.

Great Runs and workouts wished to all !

dg.

good morning!

I just came inside to say go Holly!!! 

Tammy, you can do this.  then tell us all about it so that I can too.  Wink

have a nice run Tim.  have fun Slo_hand.

some xtraining early, then my first farmer's market trip of the year.  it was wonderful.   a picture perfect day.  bought lots of good stuff & some plants.    got a ginger scone & some coffee, now back out to work in the yard a little more.   my favorite kind of day.  will run in a little while.

happy weekend!

go racers  Smile

Best of Luck to Tammy and TimBo on their 20 milers today.  You're both going to do great and be ready to Rawk in Seattle.

And an extra large dose of Good Luck to Holly as she goes for the trail Ultra 50K.  She's REALLY going to be ready for Seattle!

Hi DG! 

I'm a little PO'd at myself after todays run.  10.2 miles at 8:17 pace in the massive H&H (74° and 89%).  I obviously ran this too fast (near HMP for long stretches) and while I should probably be happy as heck with that effort and pace it makes me mad that I don't bring it on race day.  Grumble.

PO'd Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good run regardless, Bill.

Good luck to all on their long runs and races.

I'm just plugging along...

5.1 miles, 45:32, 8:57/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

Just back from 9.2 miles nice and easy.

Calling off the bike ride........The state of Iowa is all green yellow and red......I don't mind getting caught in a little rain or waiting out a thunderstorm but todays weather looks a little to extreme for me today.

Renee the dog

Nono - I live a long way from Daly City.  I'm about 6 hours north of San Francisco, and 1.5 hours from the CA/OR state line.  Waaaay at the top of California.

That's still driving distance....  6 hr flight plus a 2 hr drive from there seems to be Bayside's opinion as to "close enough" at this point.

Farthest I've been "up" in CA is Mendocino. 

Stumpy,  Nothing made me more frightened than hearing "Get the baseball bat" uttered from my Dad's lips. 

Out for a 3 mi fartlek run today.  Eased into two 30 sec stints of 1 mi pace.  Didn't have confidence before I started that I had it in me today, but apparently I did.  Went to meet up with two women to hop in the bay and swim around, but they were not there.  Couldn't be that we woke to more rain, do you think?  I never saw so many grumpy people out for their runs/rides.  The whole town is depressed.  We were promised sun this morning. Ugh.  New plan is to go to the beach when the weather breaks (HA!) and hop in for a 10 min swim.  I did get my shortie from the old house, so I hope to stay in the cold water for the planned amount of time.

Hoping for great races for the weekend racers!  Gooooooo!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Since I already did an RR this week, I'll bury this one in the daily. Did a 5K this morning for the benefit of the local OPC (Older Persons Commission) at their facility, using a stretch of the Clinton River Trail that I'm very familiar with.

Ran a 25:43 (8:17), which is actually a PR for me, but finished just 4/9 in my AG. Of course, the OPC is for citizens aged 60+, so all the good runners were out there today. Looking back on it, I probably could have moved up a place since I was catching the guy in front of me, but wasn't sure about his AG. I finished 10 yards behind him after a long final hill that I over-saved for. Oh well, there's always next time.

I'm actually an automatic member at the OPC by virtue of my age and where I live. I was really impressed by the facilities there and will have to start taking advantage of it -- like belonging to a country club or something.

Good luck to all the other weekend racers!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

Nice runs Bill and Roch, and great on the PR.  8:17 is pretty good and you are on a roll right now.  Bill, no comment on my email?  I must have made you mad!

5 easy this morning followed by a good flex workout.  Tomorrow is my first PS wave run.

Predict Holly to not only finish the ultra but also to medal.

Waiting on Tammy's 20 also.  Go Tammy.  Spareribs

Just back from 4.2 miles on a glorious morning and NO FOOT PAIN!  Whoo hoo!. Did have a few twinges in my right ankle on a few uphills, but it went away after about three strides each time.  And get this - I'm running (marginally) faster without really trying and feeling better while doing it.  How cool is that?

SLO - our kids can't sing the "school's out" thing for 2-1/2 more weeks yet.  It's crazy - we get a directive from admin to "continue instruction as usual" up to the end and in the next paragraph it's the schedule for field day and an all-school movie. 

Ribs - thanks for the reminder about Young at Heart.  I remember seeing a piece on the news when it first came out.  Just added it to my Netflix queue.

Kevin - your DD looks as lovely as ever.  Thanks for sharing the pic.

Steve - your boss called you Superman?!?!?  Does he even look at your t-shirts?

No kids to brag about, but a milestone in my family anyway - my brother and SIL are celebrating their 39th anniversary today.  They started dating in 8th grade and have been together 45 years.  I literally don't remember when she wasn't part of our family.  I'm trying to figure out how I even remember their wedding, since I was SO YOUNG when it took place. 

Happy weekend, all.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I am so happy to read about that guy from Rochester MI... he keeps running so well these days!

I, too, predict Holly will bring home a prize today.  She is one dedicated runner.  Her attention to core work, her excellent training and natural ability will serve her well in this ultra.

64° F

94% humidity

12 FABULOUS miles!  I am thrilled with my run today. 

Here's to good runs all around!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Spareribs, thanks a bunch for that detailed email.  I am just thinking about everything.  Nothing is firm yet so no specific comments on your email right yet.  But I'll get something to you soon enough.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SLO - our kids can't sing the "school's out" thing for 2-1/2 more weeks yet.  It's crazy - we get a directive from admin to "continue instruction as usual" up to the end and in the next paragraph it's the schedule for field day and an all-school movie. 

Eliz, during our many years teaching, my wife and I felt that way too many school administrators epitomized the "Peter Principle".  Your comment made us both think, "That sounds like a lot of the ones we worked for".  Also, eliz, I'm glad to hear you are healing and may do a 5K this weekend.  breger and ribs, happy 21st birthdays for your sons.  stumpy, thanks for the prom picture of your lovely daughter.  henrun, it sounds like a real good time at your med school reunion.  roch, congrats on the speedy 5K with PR.  I'm looking forward to holly's ultra report.

Nice long run for breger even though you were bummed.

This morning, it was about 50° with a light wind.  I got in 8 miles in about 1:17 for a 9:38 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

dg.

Hi Bilger!   I am happy as heck with your pace & your effort.   -).

Eliz,  nice running.

Doug, that's great!!  

TomS, nice run for you too.   will you guys slow down so I can catch up???   Yes, I know.....  that's not the way it works. 

I'm trying to be smart (go and & laugh, I can't hear you Smile ) and almost took another day off, but think I made the right call.  It wasn't pain free but was within the framework I get from my PT.  4.67 miles, 10:04 av. pace, 9:06 max. 163 ahr.   Another nice day by the river but it sure is crowded mid morning.  bike gangs.  Wink.  

64° F

94% humidity

12 FABULOUS miles!  I am thrilled with my run today. 

Big grin.  me too!  wtg, blb.

Marathon Maniac #3309

(smiles) It was sunny, hot and humid...but I did indeed FINALLY kick 20 miler's butt today. I am beat - hot - sweaty....but got it done. 23.5 miles - 3:26:01 - 8:46 ave pace. I had a better pace than that at 21 miles, but the heat was really zapping my energy and slowed my pace... but I am a happy camper. Guess you were right Bill with what you said yesterday....thanks. Well, off to shower and eat (and well deserved beer, wanna join me Slo?) Hope Tammy and Holly are doing well!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!