Masters Running

Monday 6/19 Daily - Coastwalker Lost at Sea!!! (Read 34 times)

It is 9:09am and I am starting the daily. On a weekday!! OMG! coastwalker must have been swept out to sea while on Long Island! Maybe the whole island sank!!!  Did someone check the news?? Quick go look, maybe there is something. Unless Long Island sank with Manhattan and all of the news stations sank with it! Did you hear Manhattan sank!!! Help . . .

I ran 8 miles. Ho hum. I also found out I am incapable of gardening this weekend.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Jay sunk with Manhattan?  Well...there goes the nice recaps to start off the dailies.

3.2 humid miles for me this morning.    Shall we organize a search party for Jay?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

2.4 humid miles this morning. We may find Jay as we head out in that direction on our road trip Wednesday morning.

TammyinGP

Good Morning!! I'm so far behind since I haven't been online much for the last 4 or 5 days.  But I think I'll take today off from running, since I just ran 5x over the last 3 days . . . and today will be 98 by the time I get off work.  Who wants to run in that??!!

Tammy

catwhoorg

Labrat

Bouncing back from a weekend of illness with 4 super slow miles

Baby boy graduated out of the baby carrier

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

...what a Cutie........and I'm Sure he doesn't get Spoiled at all.....

========

well,

NOL (non-operative-leg) is not very functional today,

gonna lay out til tomorrow

and

then Function the Hell Out Of It...

...............like twocat said

''What're they Gonna Do, OPERATE On It??''

.......good running to ya...............I choose to believe Jay is on a Sekret Mission.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Oh no, maybe Jay is in a 4 AM meeting!

Catwhoorg, that is a great picture!  It looks he has room to grow into this seat.

I ran/walked 2.5 this morning at 5:30. Sunny and 55° with just a nice breeze. I also walk about a mile (or less) on my coffee breaks. This weekend I biked Saturday and Sunday.  My bike is making a funny noise when I pedal, kind of like a squeaky swing. I know very little squat about bikes so will take it in when we got the Cities the next time. It's just 3 years old but could use a tune up, I suppose.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

catwhoorg

Labrat

Rear facing for now, then flip it around in a year and a bit.

DD was in it until she turned 5, only then getting into the high backed booster (still with 5 point harness).

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Dave59

The thread reminds me of Congressman Johnson who was worried that the island of Guam would become so populated that it would flip over.  (His office later tried to spin it as a "facetious metaphor".)

Anyway, I was up early and dressed to run when I noticed it was raining buckets outside. So I went to the gym for 3 miles on the treadmill.

mrrun

SRD for me but ended up meeting my DS & family visiting from calif for a 5-6 mile walk around Boston.  Lots of fun except for HHH

Marathon Maniac #957

Catwhoorg - adorable!

DD was spending the night last night at her best friend's house, but called me at 3:30 to say she wanted to come home, didn't feel good.  SO, since I wasn't able to get back to sleep after picking her up, I decided to stay in bed another hour and forego the workout.

Rest day.

I came home to find DH had surprised me for our 20th anniversary with decorations and pictures taking me down memory lane, complete with a cake!  Tomorrow is the actual day, and we are going to a 5-course dinner with beer pairings at Whole Foods. We have never been to one of those but it sounded like fun.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, indoor and food

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That's so nice, Holly!  Happy Anniversary!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

What a romantic husband!!! Holly, you look stunning on all of them.

Be still my heart, that baby is adorable!!!

Tamster, thanks for the relay report!!!

Twocat, thanks for starting the thread. .

Marj, your 6 miles walk around Boston sounds like fun!

I joined Runnerksa, henrun and others in their hot and humid run. 4 slow miles in 85F and very humid. We like the hot weather because it is making the cherries to be ripe quicker.

Time to go to the city council meeting.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Very nice, Holly.

I did 8 miles, then went to a soccer game, then dropped our car off to get an estimate on the hail damage, then went and had our favorite greasiest pizza ever made, and now, it's time for bed.

Oh, I wish I had time to tell you about my neighbor and how he drives me up a wall.  The thing that makes me the maddest is that I allow him to get to me.  I cannot believe that I am so weak to let this jerk get to me as much as he does.  If you ever hear of a guy in Lino Lakes being murdered, and if there is any reward for the capture of his murderer, go ahead and turn me in because I'd rather have one of you get the money than anybody else.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya.