Masters Running

Sunday Funday 12.3.17 (Read 38 times)

Henrun

3 sunny windless miles. Temp in the high 30’s- it was tough deciding if I would wear shorts but the tights won out. Maybe tomorrow-real cold expected later this week.

No recap- good luck to the racers today.

7.2 miles this morning on another beautiful day in middle Tennessee.  I know the gloomy days will come soon, but I'm enjoying this stretch of sunshine.   Busy day today with a Vanderbilt basketball game, a little more moving help for my daughter and need to squeeze in a trip to Tractor Supply to use a big discount coupon that expires today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Good morning from Maryland's Eastern Shore. Our little town was having a Charles Dickens themed weekend, so today was a "Run Like The Dickens" 5k. Chilly and a light rain at the start. Pretty small field and I knew many of the folks. Great course- start in our colonial downtown, run up the street and take a lap through the cemetery where a spirit in a tophat urged us to run faster. Jumped onto our town's excuse for a rails to trail (all paved) took that to a local farm, ran their driveway, then to a lap around the park and back to the start.

Haven't run a race since early March so I was pleased with my 24:00 time (age 58). Next person ahead of me was a young man in my 9th grade biology class who ran cross-county; would loved to have beaten him. Ah youth.....

Tailwinds!

C-R

Absolutely enjoy those nice days. Weatherman says temps in the single digits by weekend.

Have fun at Vandy. You do know our teams play each other in football next season. If you've never been to SB, I say make some room. I bet I know someone that can give a super off the beaten path campus tour.

10+ today on some really tired legs. Was all I could do to hold pace. No food may have played a part. But it was mid 30s and sunny so awesome. Sadly only saw one other runner the entire time. Yard work and real work beckon.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Quickadder

Bioguy, nice 5K. Maybe if you had had Great Expectations you could have caught the 9th grade Oliver Twist.

10.5 trail miles this morning at 10:28 pace for a ‘double double’ weekend. Improved my best ever weekly mileage slightly to 43.5 miles, up half a mile from last week. Now to do some hard tapering ahead of next Saturday’s HM.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Bioguy, nice 5K. Maybe if you had had Great Expectations you could have caught the 9th grade Oliver Twist.

Or, you could have gone a longer distance and ran your tail between two cities.

6.1 miles this morning in 29° That moon was so big and so low it looked like I could reach out and grab it! We're expecting temps up to 51° which is unheard of for this time of the year. I'll just repeat what everyone else has been saying - "loving every minute of it"  Return to normal comes by the end of the week.

Some nice long runs by you folks today. Hope Jay is having a great weekend and will come back energized and ready to pick up his duties

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

pfriese

8.8 miles thru town for me this morning. Beautiful weather here, too. So, I'll try to get all of the outdoor holiday decorations up today especially with the first big cold air mass moving in tomorrow night.

Paul

60s and mild today

.............tomorrow hitting 70s then tues dropping into 40s...........meh

==========

...60-min.......

went driving today,

shifting went smooth,,,,,driving myself to PT starting next week

.marj was right//.......this will seem like a Distant Memory in a month or two

...........good Running guys.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Sounds like a fun race, bioguy.

Re: yesterday's talk about old TVs.... I've got an analog set in the bedroom that requires a converter box. Old enough for ya?  I keep waiting for it to die but it chugs along just fine and we rarely watch it so I've never bothered to replace it.  I may though, soon, mostly to get streaming on it.

Also, BTW, wifi "kill switches" are being marketed by internet providers now as part of their "family friendly" sales pitches, which says something, I guess. Though they call them "pause buttons."  Related for those of you with teens, I don't buy the premise of this but it's been getting lots of traction...how smartphones may undermine teen mental health.

Dave--isn't the internet grand sometimes?  Even if it's just toilets.

C-R--cool that you're a ref.  Must be interesting.

Mike--Wow! You send out 450 christmas letters?!!  I'm not sure I even know 450 people. And I didn't know folks still did that sort of thing; kind of cool.

metalmancpa--Nice ride!  I got an x320 about 7 years ago during an end-of-season sale and really like it.  Plenty of power for me.  I mulch though, so no collection bag.  If you ever have issues mytractorforum.com is good to consult.  (Yeah, there's a forum for everything.)

Mid-40s this morning so we got a 32-mile ride in.  Gorgeous blue sky and dead-calm water in the river.  We're supposed to get a tree up later.  TriBee buys 'em big. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Or, you could have gone a longer distance and ran your tail between two cities.

You and Quickadder made me laugh out loud.

Bioguy - that does sound like a fun 5k, and well done to you!

I have long since given up on DD keeping her room clean and now mostly just keep the door shut, but every now and then when it gets to "HazMat Suit" level of pigsty I can't bear it anymore and go in and clean for a couple of hours when she's not home.  Today was such a day.  I meant only to change her sheets because I am doing laundry but soon got caught up in trying to clear the floor and sorting and tossing and tidying and such. Plus I got all her summer shorts put away and her winter stuff out and hung.  It won't last long, but for the moment I am satisfied that it is safe for human habitation

Re: Wi Fi cutoff switch - that won't work on their phones, though...

Tramps - that is a scary article, but I believe it.

7.5 slow and easy miles for me today in 34ish degrees and sunshine.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bioguy

Keep the Dickens puns coming please....

Holly- We've been empty nesters for a while and I still have to do a massive cleaning now and again.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yes, Tramps...450..475...somewhere around there.  No, I don't know that many people...it's mostly Debbie's relatives...when one comes back as undeliverable, we figured they died and don't send them one the next year.

Hey--for those of you not on Facebook--HermosaBoy ran a 2:42:39 at the California International Marathon, today!  Wow!

I went 6 miles...at a slightly different pace...

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Tramps

Hey--for those of you not on Facebook--HermosaBoy ran a 2:42:39 at the California International Marathon, today!  Wow!

And for those of you who don't know, he is (if I'm not mistaken) 53.

Awesome!

Be safe. Be kind.

HermosaBoy

And for those of you who don't know, he is (if I'm not mistaken) 53.

Awesome!

54 in 15 days.  

Thanks for the shout outs.  It was a good day!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Congratulations.  That's a terrific time!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth