Masters Running

Boston 2009 - the rematch (Read 470 times)

lamerunner

Congratulations PDR!!! it is a great feeliing to have an "in control" Boston. Sounds like you were very strong on the hills. How are your legs? My back and hamstrings have been a little tight but mostly I have been exhausted...
      woooooooooohooooooooo!! Congratulations PDR on an awesome race and report!! It was so fun meeting you Sunday!! keep us posted on the beer bumpWink

denise

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Congratulations, PDR. I'm so glad you came back and gave this race a piece of your mind. Smile
          Congratulations!!!!! I usually scan, but go so caught up in the whole story, that I read every word on the edge of my chair. Love the family part, besides the big victory! Woods Lady

Marathon Maniac #957

I felt especially relieved at mile 9, which is where I gave up on holding pace last year when I was sick. Feeling strong after that point was a psychological boost.
            I know exactly what you mean here. Although I wasn’t sick last year at Boston, I gave up my MP goal at mile #11 – just couldn’t keep it up anymore, and at my recent marathon, when I crossed that point and still felt pretty strong, it was such a relief. Congratulations on your BQ and PR – superb!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sounds like magic was in the air this year at Boston! So glad you had a great race after a crappy one last year. You made it sound so easy, throwing in an 8:12 pace mile late in the race! And you almost beat Boston Billy!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

This was an outstanding race report, right down to the beer-bump details. If anyone deserved a great comeback story, it was you. I felt so bad for how sick you got last year and was hoping you'd have a good run. You took that to a whole new level with a BQ and a PR (isn't that fun?)! Congratulations, Harriet, you did an awesome job on this one.
                TammyinGP

What an exciting report PDR!! I was feeling all the excitement as you neared the finish line and the cheering got louder!! congratulations on your PR and your BQ!! The Beers sure had their day in Boston!!

Tammy

Head Procrastinator

WTG on the PR and the BQ Harriet!! Great report and I am so glad you got to spend time with DD1 and DSIL and the bump Smile Thanks for posting the pointer.
                    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                      I'm trying to read Boston RR a day and boy, did I pick a good one today!!! I got chills reading about your flying. So exciting! Thanks.
                      wildchild

Carolyn

This is kinda long. Feel free to skim. Thanks.
                        Roll eyes Why would we bother opening this thread if we didn't want to read your report? Roll eyes I, for one, read and enjoyed every word! I especially liked dedicating heartbreak hill to your dear old dad. Congrats on the PR and BQ!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

The Jogger

PDR brilliant race, report and PR Smile Roy
                            Woooot! What a strong, strong race! Very sweet, PDR -- hearty congratulations!

Prince of Fatness

I would say that you got your revenge from last year. A PR and another BQ. Nice work.

Not at it at all. 

sucker for bubbles

fantastic fantastic fantastic.....