Masters Running

SAt Oct 25th Daily (Read 418 times)

200 pushups, 200 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist barbell curls. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    nowor

I did the Yarmouth 5k Pumpkin Run this morning. Awesome! My secret goal was to break 30 minutes, but I really didn't think it was possible. ....... ......That prompted me to finish strong, and my time was 29:49! I was so happy! I think the best part is that I did my best and have the feeling that I CAN get faster if I keep this up.
      Fantastic. 30 min barrier broken keep pushing ahead. Thanks for the covert RR. Congrats to Peter...waiting for details.
        dg, I hope the car ride wasn't too hard on your priformis. I also hope that, in spite of the sad reason for the gathering, you got some good visiting with family. Roy, nice run with mrsRoy and neat picture. Peter, congrats on your marathon PR and BQ. Teresa, it sounds like quite the running day for you and your family. Congrats to you on your sub 30 5K, your daughter and friend on their PRs, and your son on his 5th place XC finish. Nice long runs for Tammy, perch, Holly, bike, and mariposai. I had a busy day. I got up earlier than usual (4:15) and rushed more than usual to get out the door. It was in the mid 40s, calm, and extra dark with the early time and overcast. I got in 8 miles in a bit under 1:16 for a 9:29 pace. Then, after cleaning up and breakfast, I drove about an hour to a regional HS XC meet where my cousin's son was running. I got to visit with him before and after the race and with his dad and sister during the race. When that meet was over, I drove an hour to another regional HS XC meet where the team from the HS at which I used to teach competed. I no longer know the kids but the coach is an ex student as are a couple of the parents. After that, I had another hour drive to get home. It was a fun day. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Way to go Peter!!!! BQ!!! Way to go Teresa and Tet!! Tim... yuz ready now! Simply awesome people! 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best! Cool
            SteveP

Roy, them sheeps is kewl. Sweet race Teresa!!! Congrats. Pumpkin runs are kewl too. Your rock Peter!!!
              I had a busy day. I got up earlier than usual (4:15) A good day and good runs for all. TomS
              Anymore, I call that sleeping in. Roll eyes 3.1 blissful miles.

SteveP

Another HM race completed. The inaugural Columbia River Power Marathon, in Umatilla, OR. Had a fabulous drive down there, great race, very small field, did not PR, not by a long shot.....hills were much bigger than I expected. But the scenery was fantastic and everything about the race organization was terrific. Dove from KR is going to kill me when she finds out I was playing leap frog with her for 10 miles but was too focused and tired to start a conversation. Blush Fantastic job Teresa! You too Peter, you keep getting PR's!!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hill Runner

Thanks all, I'll get to the details with a RR tomorrow. Congrats to Teresa & Tet!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                  Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                  Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mariposai

Another HM race completed. The inaugural Columbia River Power Marathon, in Umatilla, OR. Had a fabulous drive down there, great race, very small field, did not PR, not by a long shot.....hills were much bigger than I expected. But the scenery was fantastic and everything about the race organization was terrific. !
                    Have I known you were going to be there I would have gone to run the full also. I was thinking about it, but did not know anyone who was going to be there Cry

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Gosh Mariposai, I am so sorry. I just figured you would not be interested as it was so soon after Portland. But you are a Maniac now! And the maniacs were about half the field. Next year? Meet in Ellensburg and share the drive? I was also being tightlipped about it since I was hoping to PR....ha ha ha....the hills....I bonked pretty early. Not sure why I am running so crummy lately but it is what it is.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #3309

HUGE CONGRATS, to Peter, Teresa, and Tet..you guys rock!!! Rock and Roll I tell ya! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Congratulations to Peter on the BQ! That is THE gold standard we all want to achieve.. Also Teresa, a great race, and proves you are well on the way back to a full recovery! I predict a big brealthrough for you by spring, you have really paid your dues. I am just getting back on the road after taking a rest following my half last Sunday, ran 8 today, 1:12, I envy Tim and Mainerunnah, their "easy" is my tempo, or race pace! And I don't know what to think of Dark Horse and the weightlifting report, how do I compete with that? It's all a bit bewidering and intimidating... Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Mariposai

And I don't know what to think of Dark Horse and the weightlifting report, how do I compete with that? It's all a bit bewidering and intimidating... Simon.
                            Simon, remember each one of us are in different stages of a journey...don't be bewildered or intimidated......just be YOURSELF and be proud of what you are doing. It is so great to have you here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Nor'easter blew in while driving home tonight... I got flooded out, rained out, thundered out and lighteninged out! That's OK, I did figure out why my foot was hurting -- it was the ding dang dern flip flops I wore last Sunday after the 1/2. So, I'm good. Teresa and Peter -- WHOOOHHOOOOOOO!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Petah, Petah, Petah.....(Bette Davis had this line, she's afav)....WOW!!!! HUGE CONGRATS, MAN! I'm at a hotel computer so don't have much time, but I am so happy for you! So, will we be seeing you in 09??? In Boston? O say yes! Oh, boyo boyo, I am just so happy for you! Cool Clowning around Smile Big grin Clowning around Big grin Yes Looking forward to the report--I have to run and get home tomorrow and go to work Monday, but I'll be reading it, however late, so be sure to post it with all the details, I want to know. Sayhey, congrats to Teresa and tet, too--- And tet/jon--they had a bit of a deal here at the expo, so I went ahead and signed up for the Seattle rnr, so I'm in, pending airline carp and all that. Get stevie ray to agree to a Kona/Seattle double that weekend, willya? He can do it.
                                Masters 2000 miles