Masters Running

Happy 2's Day Master Runs and Joyful Thoughts (Read 519 times)

When I got to the station that reviews your results she said I could exercize more. Big grin
    Slacker Big grin If she's telling you that, I'd hate to hear what she would tell me.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

King of PhotoShop

SLO, try to get some exercise will you? You're going to die from being sedentary all your life. Holly, a couple of things: Bill is right in what he says about the 400's. Go like hell, because you are getting all that recovery. But his comment about making sure you can do the full set can be misinterpreted. What he means is that you should select a speed that allows you to do the full set. What he did NOT mean is that you should push through a given workout just to complete it. You will discover the right pace only after you do this workout once. Your goal with 200's and 400's where you get longer recovery is focusing on leg turnover and perfect form. Think "light" and fast. I think you will enjoy this workout very much. Do as many as you can and quit at the point where if you had to you could do one more, but you have had enough. Cool down a long time, not just one mile. Aamos, the Sox are in first place. Please shut up for the rest of the summer. FrancesRe: It is a good idea to ice that sore shin, but don't ice it for an hour continuously. 15-20 minutes of ice, then no ice for the same period, then ice again. Given how you are starting out, you are wise to simply rest the legs a bit. Never run hurt. You have plenty of time to get in running shape. Enjoy yourself. You are doing great. 5 miles at 9:14 pace, then a flex workout. Spareribs

Renee the dog

Can't stay away from the gardening. Did an hour+ this morning. But I'm not using my feet. I swear. I can't take any more pains that scare me into thinking I'm injured. Too hot to run with Renee this morning. Air is starting to come up now, so I'm hoping she can go out with me tonight. Otherwise, I'll likely hit the treadmill when the kids go to bed.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

Can't stay away from the gardening. Did an hour+ this morning. But I'm not using my feet. I swear. I can't take any more pains that scare me into thinking I'm injured.
          pictures please. do you have a hovercraft?
          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Slo--since you mentioned your log, I took a quick glance. Since you appear to be AVERAGING at least an hour a day in both running and swimming over the past few months, I guess you'll have to do the extra 30 minutes on the bike? Roll eyes You also don't get that low a BMI by sitting around. Figure they might realize that. I went out for a lake loop this morning. 3.3 miles total, but not sure exactly how much running until the download tonight. I felt like i wasn't making any progress since I restarted, until I looked at my pace and it was consistently 30 seconds less per mile than I started with. (10:30 vs >11:00) Long ways to go, but happy to see a little improvement. AND not a single flutter since the ablation Big grin (Knocking on the big block of wood I carry around with me for every time I make this statement Tongue ) ETA: Still fighting with the HRM, though. I've done the right up/upside down, wearing it on my back, tightening the strap, cleaning and re-wetting that the website suggests with no results. one of the things that they mention is the static caused by the synthetic shirt rubbing on it. seems a little strange--i would think most runners that would use this are wearing man-made fabrics. I guess last thing to do will be to change battery and try to find some electrode gel to make REALLY good contact. After that ?? Confused Call Garmin? I'd love to have a HR baseline to compare against.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Walt and CNY, nice 5K's over the weekend. henrun, I'm sorry to hear about your stress fracture. Take care and heal up. Frances, I hope your leg problems get resolved quickly. deez, congrats on your longest run since your surgery. ribs, thanks for the picture of riblet and lucy. SLO, I join with those who got a kick out of the nurse's comment about exercising more. I wonder what she tells overweight couch potatoes. stumpy, it's great to see you making progress. Nice long runs for Holly, roch, breger (with speedwork), Tramps, and Peter. Good job on the speedwork for SLO (including dog inspired fartlek) and fatozzig (on hills). This morning it was in the low 40s with some wind and a few sprinkles. I got in 8 miles in about 1:21 for a 10:07 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                How does it go from 30C yesterday and sunny to cold wet and windy today. Miserable for my run today. 25k 2k warm up 2x10K first one in 39:52 and second one in 40:26 (wind was brutal along the Canada trail. 1k jog in between 2k c/d Almost quit during this one the lungs were working overtime after the 50k in the last 3 days. Legs were tight but okay. But I did it. Amazing how hard it is to hit MP during heavy training. Hope it feels better soon. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Slo

2x10K first one in 39:52 and second one in 40:26 (wind was brutal along the Canada trail. 1k jog in between 2k c/d Take care Tall
                  Damn.....Nice runninng ! And with the wind and cold. What would you race a 10k in ? MTA: Never mind, I see it in your Sig Line......Damn Nice !
                  Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Good morning everyone, Well, even here on the West Coast the morning is gone....I wish I knew where..!! Anyway, I'm trying to get back to a regular running routine after a week of work, major garden cleanup and lots of kids soccer/baseball commitments. A grand total of about 17 miles this morning. The last 9.5 with my running buddy who was able to sign up ,very last minute, for the R&R Half!!!..it will be her come back to racing the distance after a while and I expect she'll do very well...so the countdown is on....I expect I'll put in a lot of faster than I would run in training miles trying to keep up with her.. which should be beneficial in the long run......at the rate we're going I'm probably going to break some 5/10k PRs while training with her... Track meets are starting this week for our 14yr olds DDs...I already know that will be frustrating to watch.....but I hope the girls will get their "reality check" at the first meet and get serious about training after that!! A good day to all!! Francesca
                      Hi Franc!!! 2.75 mile walk in the woods. I saw a lot of trail runners (so jealous so jealous) and only one walker. I'm in the bottom 5% (or less) of American women for BMI. note - my BMI is in the healthy range. I told my doctor that this is pretty sad. She agreed.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

30 minutes on the elliptical at lunchtime. Forgot my towel. Gross. Gonna be a long afternoon...
                        SteveP

Spareribs sounds like a proud parent and dog owner...Sweet.
                          Barbara, WaWa? Smile
                          (((((Dg9))))) darn sidewalk cracks. With all the Michigan taxes we pay too. Angry Tag and I put in our 3 trail miles after work. He comes running up to me with a stick and I pulled it so he go fetch....It was really a deer leg Roll eyes . He must have gotten that from DW's side.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Tall, I think you ought to exercise more, too, like SloHand. You're both such slackers! Big grin Franc, how can you wonder where the morning has gone when you ran 17 miles? Enkie, hope you feel better soon. A walk in the woods sounds nice, although a run in the woods would be nice too. 4.6 miles at lunchtime, avg pace 10:55. Very windy, 65°. Most of the snow is gone in town, although not at home yet.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Ha! Steve! I didn't "get it" until you pointed that out! Deeg, As Eliz eluded... Wawa is a convenience store in town. They make great hoagies. From the community rec. center to Wawa is 2.5 miles. From my office to Wawa is 400 yards! Yeah Aamos, stop it. Look what you're doing to my poor Indians. Wah wah.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Renee the dog

Did another 1.5 hrs gardening this afternoon. dg, don't worry -- I don't have the kids holding me up by the ankles or anything like that! I just have given up the big shovel and am doing everything with the trowel. Slower, but it works. Bayside offered to feed the kids, so I decided to hop on the treadmill and do my hill workout for the week, as my babysitter wants to run tomorrow night. Figured I'd get this one done. Nothing spectacular, but it is done. 4 mi with 3 hills sprinkled in at sprint speed. Shower time!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!