Masters Running

7/2 runs and assorted life events (Read 34 times)

bioguy

Where is everyone? It’s nearly 11:00 am in the east coast.

I’m at the beach with all of my children, 2 grandchildren, and 3 dogs.

7 miles with my oldest daughter this morning.

I’m working -  2nd day of 4 12 hour day shifts in a row 

I did get up and ride a live 30 minute Peloton class before work this morning.   

Hope everyone has a great Sunday - vacation starts for me on Wednesday!!

denise

coastwalker

Hi Masters,

Thanks for the start, bioguy. Sounds like a great run with your OD and a great day at the beach with family and dogs.

I started to post a lot earlier, but then I got called into service to get coffee and breakfast going for us and our guests. Then we played some games. And now we're headed for the local Oceanarium and then lunch out along Sagamore Creek in Portsmouth where our niece can get her long-sought lobster roll, and her kids can get whatever they want, which won't be a lobster roll. All-day rain today, so good for indoor activities.

I got out before the rain started for my workout, but it was so freakin' muggy that I may well have preferred the rain. 4.4 RW miles, followed by 40 minutes of stretching and core work.

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Bioguy, some of us were still out there, lol. Good 7 miler with your oldest daughter.

coastwalker, you are right, rain is actually easier on you than muggyness...Good 4.4 miler!

Ran with the Running Room Fast Old GuyS today in the rain. a nice 12 miler, followed by Starbucks coffees at our favorite haunt. All in all a good start to the week. Have a greight Sunday Masters!

Thanks, bioguy.  Good run, sub7!   I managed 5.2 and did a lot better than how I felt yesterday- kept it easy.  The humidity started to get to me the last 2 miles, so I took a couple of short breaks.  Went to church and took our daughter, so we sort of brought our own priest!  She's here from SF until Thursday.  It was fun to introduce her to my friends who have heard so much about her but haven't met her.  She was pretty well known when she was in this diocese, so a lot of people knew her already.  Tomorrow we go kayaking.  Wish me luck (I've done it before, but it's been awhile!)

Jay- keep that hotel going strong!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Getting old sucks when you can't read what you type unless you take off your glasses... Good luck kayaking Karen! It's a little tricky.

Getting old sucks when you can't read what you type unless you take off your glasses...

..............Welcome to My World........

============

but I digress.......

93-heat index,

mild breeze

.40-min soccerfields............trailboots,,cane

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

anneb

Hi Masters. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. It has been pouring here since overnight. It’s supposed to clear out after 4pm. I was saying that I would rather have it pour from the evening on, so people won’t be lighting off stupidly loud fireworks!

It does look to be nice the next couple of days. I know we need the rain, but geez…

Anne

anneb

KSA - hope you have a good time kayaking with K. How are they liking SF?

Anne

moebo

I'd like to go kayaking, too!

I wouldn't worry about figuring it out--I am probably the least coordinated person any of you has ever met, and I had no trouble learning to kayak. My SO and I switched to Hobie pedal kayaks a couple of years ago and love them.

5 miles for me today between spells of drizzle. The breeze felt great.

Another busy day for you, Jay. I actually don't know what a "lobster roll" is and know they're popular, but make it a general practice not to eat arthropods. 

With you on being uncoordinated, moebo. That's why I can run and cycle but not golf, ski, tennis, pickleball, etc.

Kind of a rainy day here, too. Catching up on deskwork and reading. DS coming over in an hour or so for visit and dinner (of course). And, as Mike often says, that's all I got!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TammyinGP

Sunny and Warm here on the west coast!

Out early for 15 miles this morning. 55 degrees at the start and 77 by the time I finished.

Now DH is having "fun" putting together two chaise lounges I ordered that were delivered yesterday. It's basically matching up parts to the hand drawn pictures and then assembling per the pictures, which are not even very accurate hand drawings of what the parts look like. Good thing he can figure this out on his own without any real kind of instructions. 

Tammy

anneb, here we've been praying for rain. Today we got a drizzle for a couple of hours (while we were running) then it cleared up and the heat came on like gangbusters! The farmers are weeping...

moebo, good run between drizzles, it cools you off. Nice as opposed to crushing humidity...

rochrunner, I think golf is for people aspiring to sainthood in the next life. I can run, cycle, ski, play most racquet sports but golf is far beyond my grasp...

Anne- they love San Francisco.  It is SO expensive, though, and everything is an additional charge.  Kira said those flat little plastic sandals at the nail salon cost $2.  Rice costs extra at the Chinese take-out places.

Apparently, this kayaking is more like a float trip.  They drop you off up-river and you kayak back to your car.  It is a clear, cool river and we'll take food and drinks.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Bio - enjoy!

Karen - that sounds like fun!

2 miles for me today, followed by about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."