Masters Running

Race Reports for the September 2 & 3 weekend (Read 17 times)

Mariposai

Our only intrepid tracer this weekend is....

9/02 Opie - Danny Ray Sanchez Memorial 5k, El Paso, TX

Fleet feet to all of those who are racing this weekend, even when you don't write your name on the Intrepid thread!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

spinach

I ran a 5k on Saturday in Sugar Lake MN.  My time was 20:24, my fastest race since I had the surgery a year ago. I finished third  in the race but i was the second adult, and so I got a prize worth about $40, a gift card at a running shop and some socks. I think the race gave the prizes the wrong way. They had two prizes for first and second adult, and they also had a prize for the first child under 14.  I think they should have given the second adult prize not to me but to the first woman who finished. I will send them a note suggesting they change the prizes next year.

The 12 year old boy beat me by a few seconds. I couldn't catch him at the finish. I have seen him in many races and up until now i always beat him. My guess is that i will never beat him again, but I am 5 times his age so i suppose i could let that happen.  I got my race in for September, this is now 186 consecutive months with a race. I am definitely looking forward for November next year when I get to 200 months and them i won't have any significant numbers coming up for a while.

There's a lot I could say about this race, but it's best to sum it up with: Not Very Fast but Good Enough for an AG award.  About 26 and a half.  Tough figuring out the pacing thing, but my coach thinks that as I focus more on my body, like the breath, and effort, the pace I want will happen, especially if I can challenge negative self-talk, which has always been a challenge.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me