Masters Running

Sunday 2.26.17 Post-Race Glory (Read 38 times)

Tramps

(I miss Jay.)

Wow!  Some great racing yesterday with some unique hardware and awards as a bonus!

So glad to hear Erika's heel behaved enough for an AG victory!  Awesome stuff.

Catwhoorg's half men's victory!  Very cool.

And good stuff all around from Lori (love the spikes), Holly and the other Phoenix runners, too.

Twocat--nice 19-miler.  What's your next race?

Mike--wow; great run.  You've definitely got some speed.

Mari--gorgeous photo.

Spacity--good luck with the cat; that's never easy.

Steve--hope the situation with your father stabilizes.

Absolutely gorgeous 35F and sunny day today, with just light winds.  Yesterday's intense hail storm took down every pine cone, gumball, and small branch around; the roads were carpeted with them. Don't think I've every seen something quite like that. Perfect running weather, though, so I did 16, just because I could. Felt good throughout. Bruins game/nap later.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It is indeed a very pretty day outside with lots of sun. Although it is cold. The weather earlier this week was a tease. But hey it IS February.

I saw a cardinal on today's recovery run which wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. Glutes don't hurt. Quads are just feeling tired. Otherwise, the old legs feel remarkably ok.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Just saw Lori's cardinal in our back yard!

Great to hear a bit about the Phoenix meetup race and hope to hear more details when everyone gets back home. Not to mention all the others who were running and racing yesterday -- you all did us proud!

I went out for a run today on a sunny, but cold and breezy morning, but had a severe case of dead legs. I managed to get four miles in if only at a 12-minute overall pace due to walking some intervals. But I realize I had this coming after so many runs and rides in the warmth of the last couple of weeks. I have to take the next couple days off, which is probably the best thing to do anyway.

We'll be waiting for those RRs to come in by early this week!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Wow, impressive racing by the goddesses yesterday in Phoenix!

They are certainly inspiring, and yes cute.

I've got nothing....it's cold and raining a bit here.

Liz - sorry to hear about your kitty, and I've got no advice.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Tramps, the foot cooperated for the race (more or less), but I'm paying for it now. Soaking my heel in ice water as we speak. We went out to breakfast with a friend from Fairbanks who now lives in Anchorage and is down here for Spring Training. Nice to catch up with him. Now we're getting ready to head out for a drive into the mountains, back here for dinner with the gang.

Nice race, Lori, and interesting trophies! Good run, Catwhoorg, and nice, um... trophy?

Sorry Liz, I hate it when they're sick.

Just a fly by, Holly wants to get going. See ya!

catwhoorg

Labrat

2nd half of the weekend done. 1:44 and change.

Was 3rd male across the line,which was good for an AG win.

I'll take it on tired legs.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy masters!  Guess I'll have to go back and check yesterday's thread to read the RRs - but I did see pictures on FB yesterday.  Congrats to Erika, Holly, PDR, and WRFB.

We're back in the USA and have more regular internet now - but we're missing the warmth and cheap cost of living in Mexico.  We were there for about 3 weeks, climbing at a beautiful area near Monterrey called El Potrero Chico.  I did lots of climbing and very little running.

Today I ran 6 trail miles near Las Cruces, NM.  Boy, am I out of running shape!  I feel slow and jiggly!  Hoping to ramp up the mileage slowly, and get back into running shape.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations again catwhoorg  and the Phoenix runners and welcome back home to wildchild.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Congrats on another race with hardware, Catwhoorg!

Enjoy the rest of your time in AZ, guys. You didn't get a rental house this time,right? That was so fun in Portland.

No no running yet today but it is a sunny warm day, 36*. MrStarr is taking me to see La La Land st a nearby town. We should be home by 5 so maybe another run around the lake since nothing is hurting too bad.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Congratulations to catwhoorgHolly S.  and evanflein! Great racing all. Just for the record when you say you are hurt, may not be able to finish a a race and then win your AG thereafter your injury credibility is blown. 

No run for me today. Tramps my next race is next Sunday. The last in the local Boston Buildup Series and it is 25k. Odd "last" race in that there follows a 30k race under the banner Boston Blowout. It is a separate fee and when it comes to the series awards it is not counted as part of the first four races (10k, 15k, 20k and 25k). But, my next target race is sometime this spring when I figure I am in shape to run a marathon! Then I have to go find one.

Today was just an hour on the elliptical. Then some time doing gym work. After that I filled up the bird feeders in the hope of generating some good bird karma. DW ran about 5 miles with her friend.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

Wow cat. Great race double this weekend.

Ran 8.1 on the trails today. Needed some peaceful nature setting to forget about life for a little over an hour. Amazing how refreshing that can be for one's soul.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Very slow to mention, but very sorry to hear about your mom, C-R.  tough times.

Another ^5 to all the special racers yesterday.  Very impressive!!

I started out for 6.2 mies this morning, but I was going more quickly than expected I decided to see if I could keep it going.  So I ended up with a 3.1 mile tempo run and a 8:45 pace.  Last time I I hit that was a 5k just before Christmas, so very happy.  Now I have to do that for another 10 miles--just signed up for a half the first week in May.  Hope it's a good start into a training program.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

good sunday afternoon all!

I could have swore I posted yesterday, but I either didn't OR I forgot to actually post after typing. who knows.

Ran 11.5 mi yesterday in the sun. felt great and I'm glad I didn't wait until today because we've had rain/snow mix all day so far. 

nice racing for all the Phoenix folks yesterday!  sounds like weather was pretty nice too. 

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Where is Jay, anyway?  I don't remember him asking for any time off.  Thanks for filling in, Tramps.

Yep--this was a very good race weekend for our group.  Congratulations to you all!

Welcome back wild.

I did an "easy" 6 miler, today.  I must not have eaten very well in the hours before, because I ran out of gas with about 2 1/2 miles to go and started wondering if I was going to make it.  I did.

Okay, I guess I don't have anything else to add.  See ya!

spacityrunner

Easy 5.1 miles in a lovely wooded area with a creek running through it.  Although the miles were easy my legs are screaming hard.

BTW. There is a picture of ribs on fb that shows him with a jacket tied around his waist. 

Trails Rock!