Masters Running

Jan. 22 Chilly Runs (Read 607 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai – I meant to compliment you on yesterday’s 20-miler. I relate the beach path with our river path, which, like the beach path, is long and smooth and unbroken (although the view is not as nice), and the miles go by very pleasantly.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Beautiful day here in Dallas. It's headed up to the 80 0176's today. (Or 80º if you prefer.) 5 miles in the park, first 2.5 slow, last 2.5 at easy pace, then a flexibility workout at the Y. Ilene, a lady in our club also had a spill this past weekend and commented, "I wish I had my water bottle with me. They are great for breaking your fall." I hadn't thought about that, but the tendency is to put your hands out. Much easier on your hands if you have a water bottle in one of them. Hope you are okay. Spareribs
      evanflein

alt 0? Really? I'll have to try that on my MacBook Pro, but later cuz I left it at home today. Maine thanks so much for that link! I bookmarked it on my pc cuz I'm always wondering how to do things like §, ø and € (really!). Diverdoc/Karl, I've done that very same thing! It's such a pain to start up the 'mill again though so I just tell myself to stick it out a bit longer! I don't carry water with me on my outdoor runs usually, so figure it's not much different. But then again, my outdoor runs aren't usually in overheated dry indoor rooms! Haven't decided if I'll run at lunch today or after work. I'll see how the day progresses.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

jdmom3,,,, maybe PBJ should let you know about PBJ Special v.2 (9 miles in an hour) maybe that will fit your color scheme (MP? Tempo?) 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 38:29 (9:37 pace, AHR 140). It was 26°F and sunny at 9:00. Plus X-train: 2 x 1.5 min front planks, 6x30 sec side planks, 3x20 front, rear, side leg extensions against elastic tension. 2 x 2 pullups from full hang (need to build slowly)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

#artbydmcbride

Beautiful day here in Dallas. It's headed up to the 80 0176's today. (Or 80º if you prefer.) 5 miles in the park, first 2.5 slow, last 2.5 at easy pace, then a flexibility workout at the Y. Ilene, a lady in our club also had a spill this past weekend and commented, "I wish I had my water bottle with me. They are great for breaking your fall." I hadn't thought about that, but the tendency is to put your hands out. Much easier on your hands if you have a water bottle in one of them. Hope you are okay. Spareribs
            Big grin And I was thinking 'I wish I had a great big strong guy with me to catch me from falling". jdmom3, I didn't know fast graceful runners like you ever fall too!

Runners run

I still have a big ugly scar on my knee from my fall in October. Ilene - we'll have to compare war wounds. 9 miles at 10:11 pace, or thereabouts. 20° with no wind. 10° warmer than Tuesday. (There! I did it twice in one posting)

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

jdmom3, I didn't know fast graceful runners like you ever fall too!
                Graceful? I am the biggest klutz around. I am lucky to get through a run without running into somebody or something or tripping over my own shoelaces. Big grin Perch, that would definitely be tempo or faster - what does that average out to anyway - 6:40? Meg

Once a runner . . .

Marathon Maniac #957

Big grin And I was thinking 'I wish I had a great big strong guy with me to catch me from falling".
                  Where are those firemen when you need them? Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Photobucket

Tammy

TammyinGP

That was Enke's parting shot as she thanked the firemen for saving her. And since she was in a state of partial undress, they returned the favor. . . . right Enke? Wink

Tammy

Geez Tamster....trying to give me a heart attack!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Did someone say falling? How about falling and breaking your jaw in a marathon? OR slamming into a 5' tall race course marker during the 1979 NY State High School cross country championship in Wappingers Falls, NY (we won....but only because I didn't remain unconscious for long) OR falling off of a curb while CHEERING for a friend in the 1986 Boston Marathon and breaking an ankle? OR tripping up the stairs when my high school crush walked by and on and on..... Oh dear, I am sorry that the bumps and bruises club is a big one. CNY
                            Ok, down to business. Hard to follow stripped down firemen with cute little waterfowl pictures but...... I ran today, YIPPEE!! I have been dealing with a lot, I mean a lot of anxiety regarding running again, after what happened last Tuesday. Today I bit the bullet and went out there. Yesterday I had been feeling pretty good, with only 2 skipped beats and a much calmer HR overall, so I figured it was time. Plus this no caffeine, no alcohol thing seems to be working too. I did 3 easy miles, about 11:35 pace. I only had one skip right when I switched from running to walking at the end of my run. I did a long cool down of walking before getting in the car. I am feeling great now. I will try 4 miles tomorrow. This guy was blocking my way to the dock, so I just let him be:

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

Ok, down to business. Hard to follow stripped down firemen with cute little waterfowl pictures but...... I ran today, YIPPEE!! I have been dealing with a lot, I mean a lot of anxiety regarding running again, after what happened last Tuesday. Today I bit the bullet and went out there. Yesterday I had been feeling pretty good, with only 2 skipped beats and a much calmer HR overall, so I figured it was time. Plus this no caffeine, no alcohol thing seems to be working too. I did 3 easy miles, about 11:35 pace. I only had one skip right when I switched from running to walking at the end of my run. I did a long cool down of walking before getting in the car. I am feeling great now. I will try 4 miles tomorrow. This guy was blocking my way to the dock, so I just let him be:
                              I was wondering about you earlier today. I've probably missed posts... any new information? what were the results from the monitor you wore? doc followups? I'm glad your run was ok & you're feeling great. mta. YIPPEE!!!(phew) Nono... good luck to you & your dh.
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

WTG enke!!! If you survived Tammy trying to kill you, the run would be easy. hope things continue on this same course. Like I said, you will most likely be hypersensitive about any beat that doesn't feel quite right. I'm really glad the panic level has gone down dramatically. soon you'll be able to expand the ° of difficulty of the runs. (had to try out the toy of the day Wink ) Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.