Masters Running

Jan. 22 Chilly Runs (Read 607 times)

Renee the dog

mine was spared too (same unnamed company I assume), so I guess I can relax for another couple months.
    My ex-company too, Enke.Smile Hope your husband is in one of the core groups as they will likely survive even a severe downturn in the economy.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

xor

My ex-company too, Enke.Smile Hope your husband is in one of the core groups as they will likely survive even a severe downturn in the economy.
      I still have my Borg chip even though I unplugged 4 1/2 years ago.

Slo

Great news Nonos ! Now Re: Dara Torres I wouldn't say that this is one of her more flattering photos.......I Loved the "Got Milk" ad personally. This one is most definetly touched up. I have to admit, I am attractted to an atheletic body. Then to factor her age in......HOT I think Tammy describe it well.
          Slo_Hand - I gotta agree with you. For someone in her 40's to have a body like that (not to mention going through the childbirth thing) is pretty amazing. I think she could use a few pounds, though - and I know just the person to help her out.Big grin
          wildchild

Carolyn

I don't know about Dara, but I liked that picture with the cute dalmatians! Big grin Tim, Enke,and lamerunner, glad you're all running again! And Karin, sounds like you'll be running again soon, I hope? It was warm again today, 65°, and I went for a 5.2 mile run at lunchtime with a couple miles tempo-ish (9:31, 9:52), avg pace 10:14. I took my shirt off after mile 3 and ran in running bra and shorts (just for you, TimBo!) I didn't notice any guys running into trees or falling off their bikes, though.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henrun

Busy day today (yes, even retirees have busy days!). Ran 7 miles along the Charles in sunny 31°-did read the the degree magic-but pushed down the wrong number pad-Marj did figure it out. Received our Boston acceptance today, so will have to do long one on Saturday and really start training. Confused
              dg.

Nono, yay for hubby's job. Henrun & Marge.. Big grin. what is the name of berger's training program?

The Jogger

Evening Gang Went out for a wet trail run today and went over on my ankle, see The ankle went to near the size of a tennis ball. Ouch Roy
                  dg.

Roy, oh no!!! Is that (was that!) your good ankle, or your bad ankle?

The Jogger

Hi Deb, that WAS the good one Roll eyes
                      dg.

Hi Deb, that WAS the good one Roll eyes
                        aww, that stinks. ((( )))! how's your other one these days? (hi Smile )
                        evanflein

Ouch, Roy. Nothing like a little color in an ankle to really cap your day, I always say. Carolyn, I liked the dogs, too! Very nice pups they were... I took a bit of a late lunch and made it a little later, 5 miles on the treadmill at the club with no showers. I always wonder what my cubby neighbors think when I come dragging in late looking totally mussed up. Would they believe a run on the 'mill? Oh well, I guess I don't care... I'm feeling an arthritis flare up in my right hip. This is very annoying because it affects my gait and makes my knee wonky too. I was thinking of an easy run tomorrow on my usual rest day, but think I'll skip that idea. I get these flare ups when I'm tired and not sleeping well, which would be me the last couple of weeks. I really don't tolerate cross-country travel like I could just 10 years ago.

Maniac 505

Good Morning All The Deg sysmbol did not show up.
                            Since the daily is 5 pages long and I just started reading it, I bet this has already been figured out. You have to type the alt code on the number pad. it doesn't work if you use the numbers at the top of the keyboard. FWIW I have always used alt 0186 for the º instead of alt 0176 ° I Fly out tomorrow for Maui, Marathon is Sunday. this is the poorest I have ever been prepared for a marathon, but it is Maui, I did one 20 miler about 3 weeks ago (my longest run since the December "07 marathon disaster. other than that, it is been mostly 5-10 miles 4 or 5 days a week for the last couple weeks. it will be interesting, I expect to walk a lot. training should start ramping back up after this adventure. Dave
                            xor

Dave: stay away from the 'loco moco'.

Maniac 505