Masters Running

Wednesday's Month-ending Daily, 5.31.17 (Read 31 times)

Henrun

Continuing my every othe day run did 3.2 yesterday and today after my 1.5 mile walk to my current events discussion I did an hour of yoga at the Y. Haven't done it since my knee replacement 7 months ago. Very relaxing and stretched all my muscles and tendons. Really missed it and will try to continue once weekly.

We're off to Cape Cod for a long weekend. Although it'll be a bit cool no rain is expected- a big bonus. Will run  and drink and have wonderful seafood.

We're off to Cape Cod for a long weekend. Although it'll be a bit cool no rain is expected- a big bonus. Will run  and drink and have wonderful seafood.

How would you and Marj like to adopt a 64 year-old woman and take her on all of your fabulous vacations when you go?

mrrun

How would you and Marj like to adopt a 64 year-old woman and take her on all of your fabulous vacations when you go?

join us - there's always room at the inn - and we'd love a visit from you and DH - since you're almost retired. although i'm not sure us old folks could keep up with you....

marj

catwhoorg

Labrat

Added 16 on the bike after work.

That felt good

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

wildchild

Carolyn

I haven't even been lurking lately, since we've been without internet for several days, but today it finally is fixed - yay!  I went out and ran 5 miles to end the month on a prime number (199 miles).  I know most folks would rather end on 200 miles, but you guys know how much I love primes!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

spacityrunner

3.7 hot and sticky miles at lunch cause i love running.  11:53 m/m and I'm happy.  it was hot.sticky.humid.  Blech!

Trails Rock!

spacityrunner

How would you and Marj like to adopt a 64  61 year-old woman and take her on all of your fabulous vacations when you go?

+1

Trails Rock!

A 2 1/2 mile power walk at lunch then a short 7 mile bike ride. I am still getting my but brok in!

my leg is turning all sorts of colors down my leg and to the ankle where it is purple and swollen. I think my fall last Saturday created a hematoma. I suppose it is safe to run on it but I will bike and walk for now. Perfect day for outdoor activities so I am glad I got out to enjoy the sun.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Yikes Starr, what did you do to your leg? Hope it's ok...

Welcome back, Wildchild! Kind of nice to have an enforced break though, no? How's the re-adaptation to your elevation coming along?

Jlynne, just go! I know that's sometimes easier said than done, but you and Liz should go join Marj and Henry on one of their trips! A great way to meet other RA runners and see some new places! I agree, then do go some fun places!

10.5 miles after work in sunshine and mid-60's. This was warmer than I've run in for awhile, with the chilly windy spring we've had, but it was good. My legs are still tired from the weekend. Someone told me doing several hours of gardening like I do is like doing a like # of hours doing deadlifts and squats. Yeah, I believe that! Tomorrow will be low 70's and I have 5 easy on the plan.

SteveP

Steve - according to statistics, 40% of the care-giving spouses die first, because the strain becomes too much for them.  Does Michigan have a Medicaid Waiver program for Assisted Living Facilities?  It sounds like FIL may be too much for her at this point, and her own health may be at risk.

I'll strongly suggest that option. I've looked up information and numbers for local programs. I don't feel it's my place to make the calls.  The kids need to take some responsibility.

This has so far been a relatively carpy May, weather-wise. Hope the rest of summer is better.

Amen

Tet, as much as I've enjoyed the polar bear dips, I have a hard time talking myself into them.

If it weren't for the kids, I'd have distanced myself from SIL and BIL. Our oldest nephew has issues. I've told SIL he exhibits most of the symptoms, however, the whole tribe needs counseling. Telling my SIL that she is also responsible because she's been enabling had a volatile reaction. Looking back, she hasn't said much more than "hi" and "bye" to me for a couple of years.

As much as I was fatigued, it was a successful day.

SteveP

[[[[steve]]]]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

also

here's NPR on BigPharma Lawsiut

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/31/530929307/ohio-sues-5-major-drug-companies-for-fueling-opioid-epidemic

I was in the room (in the '90's)

when they told us

that Pharmacists didn't know what Addiction was

it was ''only'' Physical Dependence

when I left

I told them to KEEP

their Continuing Education Credit, because I was too angry to take it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

also

here's NPR on BigPharma Lawsiut

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/31/530929307/ohio-sues-5-major-drug-companies-for-fueling-opioid-epidemic

I was in the room (in the '90's)

when they told us

that Pharmacists didn't know what Addiction was

it was ''only'' Physical Dependence

when I left

I told them to KEEP

their Continuing Education Credit, because I was too angry to take it

The numbers in WV are crazy. Some towns and counties have been prescribed amazing numbers of pain pills per resident.  Here in Huntington we have the highest number of opioid overdoses in the state.  Someone dropped the ball somewhere.  Either the drug companies, state regulators, and/or the doctors.  It is going to be a big hole to dig out of.

Dave59

5 Sentences that killed 200,000 people (opioid related).

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2017/06/five-sentences-killed-200000-americans/