Masters Running

Saturday, Dec. 3, '16 (Read 26 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Interesting 'tidbits' about Oregon schools, Tammy. Will David graduate college before he finishes high school?? Seems you've got a busy but good weekend planned.

Leslie, it is a shame that the attorney's you work for/with don't understand that there are limits to what employees can and will do. I hope they don't find out the hard way. Keep chanting. Good core/ST work yesterday, and enjoy your trail run today.

Nice 5er, Marj. Enjoy the Pops with the GCs.

Starr, I'm glad you are taking time off, as long as you have it banked, even if you don't really need it, and I hope you are doing well. Congrats on the remote controller consolidation. BTW, sleeping in for me usually means 4:30 or sometimes even 5:00.

Good job avoiding the wind on your run yesterday, Hally, and have fun tomorrow.

Welcome back Mike, and congrats on the cautious start back to running.

I hope you feel better today, Holly.

Hello, TwoCat. Congrats on another successful presentation.

You sure have interesting dreams, Tet.

I read a story yesterday about a special race in Millinocket, Maine. It is a great tale because of how the race was started, and how the local community and the running community has responded. If I'm reasonably healthy, I'll be there to do the half next year. HERE is that story.

I'm off to racewalking training in a few moments, and will test my body parts once again on the indoor track. After that, I have to make a quick trip to this season's 1st indoor farmer's market, and then get back home in time to go with DH to watch the town's Christmas parade (reportedly one of the largest in the state). We also have to get our outdoor decorations up today, so that will take us through the rest of the afternoon.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

Awesome article, Jay!  I know I just did Maine, but I have to go back and do that one...if I can get in.  Hey!  Maybe a 2017 RA meetup?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

That popped up on my FB page this past week.  I sure wish it had done so earlier, because if I was anywhere near half capacity, I would have been seriously tempted.  Great spirit.  Reminds me a lot of the Lubec marathon that I did for my first.  Bring a lot of folks in at a time when it's not busy and just get them to see the area (and leave some money).  I'm up for next year--anyone else?  Two Cat would LOVE Millinocket in December

We're having a Holiday Stroll downtown today and will go help DW set up their Relay for Life booth to try and attract people for next year's Relay (and maybe rasie a bit towards it.  There's a 3.4 mile race associated with it that I may try to fit in.  It's $30 for a run around the lake that I do for free anytime I want, but it does benefit the school's track and XC teams.  We shall see.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Maine in the middle of December?  Don't they usually have buckets of snow and sub-zero temps up there at that time of year?  Could they be persuaded to move it to, say, June?

13 miles for me today on the TM.  I wasn't sure how long my foot would hold out and didn't want to get stuck far from home if it did, but actually it was fine.

Today is DH's birthday (also my dad's) and our friends are hosting a birthday dinner and gathering in his honor tonight.  We are celebrating with my dad next week, taking him to Top Golf.

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker great story! I will admit stumpy77 is quite right about how I would likely view running in Maine in December. However, I do run races here in CT in January and February so I suppose a marathon n Maine in December might not be out of the question.

tetsujin209 definitely a hallucination.

Spent some time in the gym this morning. DW went running on her own. Then she abandoned me to hang with her friend somewhere in town. I got some work done. Boy you cannot get much more exciting than my Saturdays! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Fun meet up last night for Oaxacan food with the 3 Alaskan natives.  First time I am sure that I have met Mr. Erika.  They're a fun couple.  I will have to visit that state someday for a real adventure.  Maybe I should reconsider Phoenix in Feb, but I need a job first....

8.6 miles including 2 laps around Green Lake - cardio felt good the whole time.  Knee was on and off a minor issue.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

...Congratulations to mike//////////.........remember Easy Does It.......enjoy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....