Masters Running

Saturday October 11 Runs (Read 565 times)

OK, it is still Friday here, but it should be Saturday on the east coast, just past midnight there.... we'll be out walking Frank and getting in some slow miles........but i just gotta say... Red Sox won!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin 2-0!!!!!! woweee! I love those guys!!!! grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    Mariposai

Hey, it is still Friday here also, but still working hard giving bib # to the last entries to the Autumn Leaf Run tomorrow. I so learned to have a new appreciation to RDs. SRLopez, you could have come to run a warm up run 10k here tomorrow and then move on to Spokane in the afternoon to run your marathon. I am considering making Spokane my next year's fall marathon. Good luck weekend racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

dang. I thought I could open this thread and find out how I did tomorrow, errrr, today in my 10K race . . . Confused

Tammy

dang. I thought I could open this thread and find out how I did tomorrow, errrr, today in my 10K race . . . Confused
          Now that is too funny Tammy Big grin Yes Aamos the Red Sox Won!! Now if we could steal one more down there it sure would be sweet wouldn't it? Wink Well it is indeed Saturday morning about 42 degrees as I get ready to head out the door for about 8 easy miles. Good luck to all you racers and great runs to everyone else.
          SteveP

I'm headed out to help a co worker move...Our boss is letting us us a couple of big a$$ trucks. After the dude is moved in, my brother and I are riding bikes along Traverse City's Old Mission Peninsula...Bluff road rocks. Greta views, little traffic and 13 miles round trip.

SteveP

It's almost time to get in the car and start driving... Tammy-You are one of my favorites too...along with Mariposai...and Tet DW cut my hair last night so I'll be aerodynamic...
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              SteveP

Yes Aamos the Red Sox Won!! Now if we could steal one more down there it sure would be sweet wouldn't it? Wink .
                Yeah, yeah yeah...Sox.. Let's hear it for Detroit's football team!!! "We-de-de-de, de-de-de-de-de de, we-um-um-a-way " Come on sing it with me!!!!!! "In the city the mighty city the Lions sleep tonight In the city, Detroit Rock City, the Lions sleep tonight." A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh Enough for now. Time to get the song out of your head. A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh MTA, Give em heck Gordon...You Rock!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat – we’re going to keep you to that promise. Rest up, and hopefully that will nip it in the bud. Roch – my comfortable running pace is about 10:10-10:25. It’s me that might have trouble keeping up with YOU. Smile Aamos – I can hardly bear the treadmill without the intervals. They really make the time go by. Plus, I found in last winter’s marathon training that when I increased mileage but didn’t do speedwork, my performance really suffered in my spring marathons. Mileage alone isn’t enough for me – without some kind of speedwork I am a slug. Erika – that’s such a great feeling, isn’t it – nice run. Enke – you know, so funny that I was thinking exactly the same thing about Erika’s HR. I think she just works harder at it than I do and has gotten accustomed to that effort – I don’t think Erika know’s HOW to run slow… Smile Gordon – have a great time and give Tet and Mariposai a hug for me! 7.15 easy-paced miles for me today in 54 degrees (ave pace 10:08, ave HR 130). Today my run started out stiff and slow, a-creakin’ and a-groanin’, but then, after about 3 miles, I started to feel downright peppy, and finished feeling good. I finally seem to be getting back into my normal reasonably-fit groove, where miles 4-8 feel like my best miles. Sweet. DS (and DH with him) is taking a hunter safety class today and tomorrow because his grandpa is coming out from Wyoming at the end of the month and wants to take him shooting. DD and I are going to Lowe’s to pick out the paint for her room (I want dark purple, Mom, dark purple) and I will spend the weekend painting (again). Good luck weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good luck racers! If I can get my sleepy butt out the door, I'll do an easy 4 miler........I'll let you know. A wimoweh, a-wimoweh a-wimoweh, a wimoweh Big grin
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Good morning all, Beautiful fall weather here this morning. I got a pretty bad burn on my finger last night from acidently touching the hot muffler on my chain saw....I actually saw smoke coming off my finger as I heard my skin sizzle... it was pretty gross... Tongue It's all puffed up & blistered this morning. We were at the neighbors house til late last night and ate like there was no tomorrow...lasagna, salad, wine and lots of ice cream...somehow I managed to get my run in this morning.... 10.18 miles of hills @ 9:06 pace...easy run and everything felt surprisingly good considering everything. Good runs to all today

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Enke – you know, so funny that I was thinking exactly the same thing about Erika’s HR. I think she just works harder at it than I do and has gotten accustomed to that effort – I don’t think Erika know’s HOW to run slow…
                        She does run fast and work hard, that's for sure. But from what little I have read, everyone is going to be different with respect to HR -- I think it depends on what your max HR is, or even better, where you are within your "heart rate reserve", i.e., the difference between your max HR and your min HR. So, for me, my max HR is about 195, and my min about 45. If I run at 165 bpm, that is (165-45)/(195-45) or 120/150 or 80% into my HRR (heart rate reserve). I happen to know that 165 is just a bit over MP for me, but I don't know what it is for Erika. Ok, I have just used up all my knowledge on the subject, and I can see that I didn't really give any useful information other than I don't think it's possible to compare raw heart rates between people. Smile Oh, runs -- today is a rest / travel day. We are headed back to Maryland this morning, after a wonderful vacation in California, Portland and Las Vegas. We saw "Love" last night which was a lot of fun. We ended up mostly sightseeing here, going to Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam / Lake Mead. We had planned on playing some slots last night but didn't -- no gambling for us this time here. Funny, but we got up for coffee this morning, and there are still lots of people up from last night -- we had to fight for an elevator with several drunks.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Gotta not run, gotta not run . . . Dead . . . gotta not run . . . Who would have thought not doing something would be so tough! Now gotta not snack all day, gotta not snack all day . . . Big grin Holly S. nice run after what sounds like a tough start. Thanks for encouragement to stay off the roads today. Hard since my DW just went out for a run. Aamos and mainerunnah all I can say is the Babe is rightfully rolling in his grave! Somebody stop the Sox! Clowning around evanflein great to hear you enjoyed doing your run yesterday so much! Good pace on the splits. evryday good 4 miler. Can you send some of that heat you have over here in say January? Tongue Tramps I hope you are still alive today! Smile How did that 20 miler go? busiman good luck with the sub-3 in Hartford. Boy I wish I could even dream of doing that! munchkn883 happy to hear you had a good run. rochrunner I would not take the market collapse we are seeing too seriously. Unless you have to liquidate your portfolio in the next year, prices will likely recover to a large extent. After the 2000 crash I remember having one "the world is coming to an end" friend lose a couple of hundred to me on bets about which why the market would go. Yes, it went up and I won both the bet on with my portfolio. Big grin wildchild snow! Snow! [editor: get those smelling salts Twocat's fainted again. Twocat ok, I am back what happened?] Snow! Snow! [editor: not again!] Well you are in Colorado and that does mean SKIING!!! My favorite sport! Yep, sorry all of my fellow running nuts I like skiing even more! Go snow storms!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I didn't really give any useful information
                            That's OK, Beer Runner, at least you weren't putting out wrong information, such as the time a couple of years ago when you devoted an entire lengthy thread to proving mathematically that grass, dirt, and concrete were all of equal hardness and therefore it didn't matter what surface a person ran on. I probably won't run today. lyndenrunner has been subtly hinting that my mileage has been too high recently, and my knees agree. Maybe go to the gym today, and run a few easy miles cross-country with Dark Colt tomorrow. Any week I can total 20 miles, I call it good. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              at least you weren't putting out wrong information, such as the time a couple of years ago ...
                              < sigh="" /> Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

3.6 somewhat sluggish miles in two passes up and down the spur road that my hotel is on, and it is mainly all uphill one way. I'm close to overdoing it, but I probably won't be able to run the next two days and just decided to go for it. I had a nice visit with my brother last evening. I keep remembering that he was only 8 years old when I left for college, and we've rarely lived in the same region of the country since then. So when I do see him (once every few years), it's always a shock to realize that he's as old as he is. My mental image of him is still as a little kid. Anyone else have this kind of thing happen to them? Good luck to the weekend warriors, and anyone else enjoying the good weather by running in it this weekend!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"