Masters Running

Tuesday, July 20 Daily Runs and such..... (Read 481 times)

Holly, good news!  Do not worry about the typing speed--it's more a question of fitting in with the rest of the office, and you're so personable, just be yourself.  Plus when they learn you run marathons and ultras, they will know you have all kinds of energy and perseverance.  Be sure to point that out to them!  Good luck, not that you need it.  You will be fantastic.

BQll--congrats to DW.  I really hope I get to spend some time with you both soon.  Let's make some time at the TCM to get together for sure. 

Tag honey, Frank says you are totally welcome here--about the alpha dog thing, you can be alpha running dog so long as Frank is alpha walking dog.  He looks forward to planning some cat attack strategies with you.  He really looks forward to having a dog comrade--his only complaint in life is that he live with 2 cats, 2 humans, and 0 other dogs.  So when can you get here?

Super Granny in my thoughts, Karin.

I'm green with jealousy over Mariposai's seafood orgy.  Go to a Seadogs game if you can!

Had less than stellar day at work.  Had to tell an in-custody client his mom died yesterday.  Lots of court appearances and more clients crying.  New judges who are really green.  Thank goodness D. wanted to run after work.  Got in 5 at lunch and 5 with D. after work. 

Masters 2000 miles
    evanflein

Yes, Aamos, days like that (although I must admit, mine are nothing like yours) are why it's so good to be able to go running. Glad you got out during and afterwards.

I got so much done at work, it was crazy busy at times with phone calls, walk-ins and all the other things on my "to do" list getting pushed farther back... but I got a lot done and got a run in after work... 5.3 miles at an average 8:08 pace. Kicked it in a bit and pushed the last .3 mile uphill, then went to DS2's soccer game and made it for the last half. Didn't see his goal (first one!) but saw his next two assists so that was nice.

Started out as a crummy wet drizzly day, ended up sunny and warm, really nice. I like it when it turns out like that. 

Erika and Amos

Tuesday must have been the busy day of the week. I also was swamped at work and literaly had 5 people waiting in line for me at one point.  These 10 hour shifts are also taking a lot more of my time during the week. It was also date night with my DW but I did manage 4.2 miles @  9:01 pace.

I am thinking of adding some hill work  this week. I need to get ready for a fall race and really am not ready for any  speed work yet.  I seem to have lost any speed that I had before my injury but am fearful of pushing to hard to soon. I would rather run slow than not at all. Things seem to be going good so far.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

BQll--congrats to DW.  I really hope I get to spend some time with you both soon.  Let's make some time at the TCM to get together for sure.

Okay!  Count on it Amy!

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong