Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 9.8.17 (Read 32 times)

spacityrunner

Today was a no running day for me. Just an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow, if I am up to it, I hope to run 18. DW is worried about my ability to eat enough calories if I do that. I think it will be okay, my weight has stabilized as of late.

If you can eat ice cream you can eat enough calories...don't ask me how I know 

Trails Rock!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Long day today!  I was at work at 5:00 am--snuck out at 1:30 to make the bus to our cross country meet--ran 5 miles before the meet and 3 more during the first couple of races.  All of our teams took 1st place--JV Boys, JV Girls, Varsity Boys, and Varsity Girls.  I finally got back home at 8:30, took a shower, and now I'm going to bed so I can get up at 5:00 and get most of my15 miles done before practice starts at 8:00.  It's exhausting but it sure is fun!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Holly, I am glad you called him out on his insensitive and unappreciative comments.  Sometimes as women we are afraid of conflict or undervalue ourselves.  Good on you and doesn't hurt to be looking around....

I gave notice today at work.  My boss's boss said they had just been writing up something today to give to the department head to justify making an FTE position for me.  I had suspected as much.  I said, well, I guess I just saved you some work.  Ok, not funny.  She then said "if I offered you an FTE position right now, would you take it?"  Meaning, instead of the startup company's offer I had just accepted.  I said no and then went on to explain certain things mostly to do with career development the other company is promising me.  Overall though, after their surprise I am leaving, they just gushed on and on about me.    It was nice to hear but almost embarrassing.    At least I know that if things blow up at the start up company, I will have a good chance of getting back into this company.

Holly....you should go somewhere you are appreciated!!

No run today, but gotta run now out to a party.

I will think about just running a few hundred yards and then posting.  Gotta start somewhere, right?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

air quality was very borderline today but we held practice outside anyways. It felt good to run outdoors, even if it was 80 and humid. total of 4.5 miles. 3.5 at practice - between warm ups, 400s and 800s, and then cool down. another miles at home with dogs.

Tammy