Masters Running

Thursday, Nov. 12 Daily Runs and Such (Read 418 times)

Franc, congrats on your fast half and 3rd place.  teresa, I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law.  My thoughts are with her and her family.  Welcome to TinaZ and TBone.

Good job on the speedwork, holly, and doing it with a nasty virus.  Healing vibes to you.

This morning, it was in the high 20s and calm.  I got in 12 miles in a bit under 1:58 for a 9:49 pace and negative splits by about 3 minutes.  Somewhere around mile 10, I began to feel discomfort on the bottom of one arch.  I've heard some of you mention PF and started hoping I wasn't developing it.  I don't know much about PF but have gotten the idea that it can get quite painful and put one out of action for awhile.  Of course I didn't cut my run short.  After all, if the schedule says 12 miles, you do 12 miles (evan, you can call me foolish ).  When I got home and took off my shoes and socks, I was very happy to find I had a blister. 

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS 

Marathon Maniac #957

Of course I didn't cut my run short.  After all, if the schedule says 12 miles, you do 12 miles

Of course, we've never done that....

glad it was only a blister...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Well I was scheduled for 3 easy and thats what I did.

I just cannot get over the weather we have had all week. Today was sunny and 54.

Tomorrow is a scheduled day off and I think I'll do that also.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

A November day of sunshine in Seattle is not to be wasted. Even if the legs didn't want to move, I walked, jogged and finally ran  a total of about 4 miles.  Plenty of make up miles mile this coming weekend....only 2 weeks to the Seattle Marathon!!! Can't wait!!!

Francesca

Finished up an installation early, got a run in.....9.5 in 1:22:15: 8:40's. This early dark business is for the birds.

Thanks for the pictures, Mary!

Nice runs everybody (except Slo, who had a nice swim)

Walt

King of PhotoShop

4.6 recovery miles, then a flex and core workout at the Y.

Spoke with Thunderbolter today and told him hi from everyone. 

New avatar at Holly's personal request.   Spareribs

evanflein

After all, if the schedule says 12 miles, you do 12 miles (evan, you can call me foolish ).

Heheh, I might just tuck that away and keep it for future use. After all, I've run on too many blisters to tease you about this one!

30 minutes on the elliptical at lunchtime, followed by half mile walk on the treadmill. I even tried an easy run of .1 mile and no foot discomfort at. all. That was cool. One thing to note, the shoes I'm using at the gym have no metatarsal pad in them so I was curious to see how running in them felt. It felt good. Wonder if I've been overtreating one issue and created another??

Snow, wind and drifts out there. Not a lot of snow, just the little wind-blown icy stuff that makes life miserable. Any running this weekend will probably be on a treadmill...

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Schedule called for zero miles and that's what I did Smile

Still carboloading...  how does spaghetti with chicken liver, onions and tomoato sauce sound?  Gets the carbs in and the heme up.

The rain should stop tomorrow evening in Richmond for the marathon Saturday.  I wonder if the part on Riverside Drive will be under water?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

New avatar at Holly's personal request.   Spareribs

And a nice one it is!

Belated welcomes to TinaZ and TBone. The people here are very kind - glad to have you with us.

(((Teresa's SIL))) Healing prayers to your family, Teresa. I hope she's doing okay.

Evan - too early for snow, ice and drifts. I'm not sure I could get my head around that right now. What do you think about your former governor's daughter's ex? I saw clips of her visit on Oprah.

evanflein

Evan - too early for snow, ice and drifts. I'm not sure I could get my head around that right now. What do you think about your former governor's daughter's ex? I saw clips of her visit on Oprah.

Who?

Renee the dog

3 treadmill miles tonight.  So far.  Not sure if 40 min of slideboarding or another 4 miles of TM would be better on the old hip tonight, so I'm deciding while I help put the kids to bed. (I just read the internet and sing songs while they drift off).  At least I have 3 in the bank so far.  And some good dvds for whichever way I go next!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

I totally agree with Walt that this early dark business is for the birds!  I had a terrific run after work, except it got too dark to do more. I stopped at a state park halfway home and ran out on a wooded trail and back on the sidewalk as it was getting dark so I could still see. Figured I'd trip on something if I stayed on the trail. I got to the car at 3.5 miles and did laps in the parking lot to make 4 miles. Felt great.  Avg pace 9:45, splits were 9:39, 10:13, 9:42, 9:29.

Perch, all I have to say is, EWWWW - chicken liver!

Ribs, what a studly picture!   You gotta love photoshop!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I can bring a new avatar to show-and-tell, too.

Walt

Who?

Well Levi, of course. Isn't he posing nude for some magazine coming out soon? I guess Palin is on Oprah on Monday - they just showed clips of some of the interview.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Big Hugs to Baby Will.....Sweet!!! Thanks for posting Tina, really. T Bone....don't know about him yet (a guy I suppose) but everything goes well with A 1 sauce----10 miles tonight for me in the dark.....because I love night time running. 7:48 ave pace with 7 miles at my MP of 7:45. Ok.....most of it was at MP. but it felt super greta. After many weeks, I have determined my MP at 7:45, and I am sticking to it.......well, for at least 16 miles (grins Tet)----TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!