Masters Running

Wednesday, 3.8.17 (Read 44 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday’s terrific workouts:
    Dave (ARC trainer & weights at the gym)
    Tramps (8 butt-kickin’ miles with hillage)
    Holly (3.5 out-of-time miles)
    RunnerKSA (1 late TM mile)
    Stumpy (3.8 Not-too-slow training-plan miles around the lake)
    BerthaSlayer (8 miles including 7 got-beat-up BerthaSlayer repeats)
    Fatozzig (30 min of core and UB strength work)
    Tomwhite (30 min HH in high winds and rain, maybe with pool running to follow)
    Catwhoorg (4.5 snotty miles)
    Marj (5 early miles in a light drizzle, working off Godiva truffles)
    C-R (5 keeping-things-moving miles)
    Evanflein (more pool work with a still-hurting foot)
    Jlynne (60 min on the elliptical, 10 min on the rower, 20 min of weights + core)
    Tet (5 wetter-than-sunny miles)
    Deeze (swimming & biking)

Dave, I agree that Skyping from 10 ft. away is just plain silly.

Ribs! How nice to have you back, even if just to try to get an answer to a medical mystery. I would help if I could, but I’m clueless in Hampton. However, I do hope you get to the root cause, and that it is an easy fix. Now, about that photo of you a week or two ago with a jacket tied around your waist…

Holly, I don’t know if I want to know more about that bar story with Mike, or if I’m better off just letting it be. I hope you have a great trip this weekend. And I’m glad to learn that Dd is doing so well with lacrosse.

Fatozzig, a BIL and his DW bought a U-Haul truck last Fall and started to convert it to a tiny house. I understand the work has stopped, maybe permanently. But they do that start-and-stop thing a lot.

I hope you got your power back, Tammy. Good use of the dark to watch a movie with David.

There are too many folks here dealing with lingering and/or mysterious injuries and ailments. Can't we just make a pact to get over it all so we can all get back to the running, walking & biking that we love?

Interesting mix today: First I get to take a load of cardboard from the office to our recycling center. Later this morning, I'll take SIL to the airport so she can wing her way back to Georgia after a week with us here in the (relatively) frozen tundra. Also today, the FDA is coming to take a close look at our products for the first time in the 25 years we've been in business. Our hope is that it is a quick and easy visit. Our fear is that they will recategorize some of our products as 'medical devices' such that we'll have to modify the way we manufacture, package, and/or sell them. That would be a pain in the butt. DW leaves tomorrow morning for a 4-day trade conference/vacation with some other women. She is so ready for a break, so I hope she'll focus more on the 'vacation' and less on the conference. We'll be leaving the house a little before 6am to get her on her way, so I won't be walking or checking in here tomorrow morning.

5.15 RW miles in Twocat rule-violating light rain this morning. My head just wasn't into it this morning, perhaps from spending too much time in puddle-avoidance, so I was glad to just get it done, which I did.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Today is a "Day Without a Woman" day so I am expecting a nice, quiet, peaceful day. 

I had some major motivation problems this morning. I almost called into work to take the day off because of a lack of desire.  But I finally forced myself out the door for 3 miles and then got to work.  I still may take the afternoon off and enjoy the peace & quiet,

We have a trip to Tallahassee to see the grandkids next week and nothing else seems worth doing in the meantime. I keep saying to myself, "Once we're back from vacation I'll get serious about stuff."

Tramps

Happy Int'l Women's Day!

The "Day without Women" protests have several of the local school districts closed today.

Thanks for the start, Jay. Always feels good to get a wet, rainy run done.  Good job.  BTW, I'd never heard the term "hillage," which I kinda like. I think I'll start using that one.

Good luck with jump-starting the mojo, Dave.

Another power outage from the winds last night, with the loud generator kicking in at 2 am or so.  Grrrrr.  Thankfully power came back on this morning before I left for 5 EZ miles.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Today is a "Day Without a Woman" day so I am expecting a nice, quiet, peaceful day. 

...yeah,

no way THAT one is gonna come back and Bite Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

3 1/2 sunny, chilly miles this morning here in Tennessee.  This woman is here at work!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

King of PhotoShop

Well, you can go ahead and celebrate "a day without a woman" but I'm not joining you since today is the birthday of my second favorite woman.  Make it a great day Holly.

Just dropped in today for two reasons.  See number one above. Number two is that Tribee's advice was the best of them all.  Rubs, compression sleeves, exercises, etc., are not the issue.  My first experiment after stopping the statins, is now to stop the Plavix and see if that is the cause.  If that is not it, and I will know it in a couple of days, it's off to a vascular surgeon.  Thanks all.  Spareribs

Henrun

Happy Birthday Holly and, of course, Marj-the birthday twins.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Image result for jamaica birthday cake

I know your name isn't Bob, Holly, but have a great birthday AND Jamaica trip.

And Happy birthday to Marj, too.  I just don't know where you're traveling next

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Image result for jamaica birthday cake

I know your name isn't Bob, Holly, but have a great birthday AND Jamaica trip.

And Happy birthday to Marj, too.  I just don't know where you're traveling next

+1

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Thank you!  And a big Happy Birthday to my Birthday Twin, Marj!

When I came downstairs this morning, there was a balloon arch made of big balloons taped together, and with it DD had left me a homemade birthday card, apologizing for generally being a PITA a lot, and telling me how much she loves me and appreciates all I do for her.  (sigh)  Don't those make the best birthday presents?  

6 miles for me on the TM today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Happy B'Day holly and marj//.....Two of my Favorite Runners........

=========

50s here but cool

......40-min HH with 2lb cane

gonna hit balls again tomorrow,

so hopefully wrists will be ready

..........taking Claire and her buddy FlyFishing Friday

there's a fish

we named ''Fat Freddy'' just outside my casting distance

hopefully we can NAIL him (and then Release)

............wishing you Good Running

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

catwhoorg

Labrat

4 and change.

Somewhat less snotty than yesterday, but still not feeling great,

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

C-R

Hey All.

Nice recap Jay and we've all had workouts like that. As my old dynamics prof once said, "Just hold your nose and plow on through".

Happy birthday Holly and Marj. That was a nice gesture from DD.

Careful Dave - there's a dog house or couch in your future. 

Fly fishing is on my bucket list but looks very hard. Have fun.

I ran 1 little recovery mile this morning and plan to run with the club tonight. Should be fun. Gusts are up to 35.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy birthday Marj and Holly.

Today was a very very very windy 5 miler. Recycle night so bottles and papers flying everywhere. But the wind ticked me off, let me just say. It was a speedy-for-me-lately run. 1:00:07  But why could I not run 8 seconds faster?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

mrrun

Happy Birthday to my twin - Holly!  to quote art linkletter (anyone remember him?) kids do the darnedst things

Thanks all.  I ran 72 minutes in ideal temps, but large wind gusts.  At 7 am the phone rang and GS and GD1 and DD sang happy birthday - their cards are in the mail.  In addition, I received an original poem with a martini theme, but no martinis tonight - instead white wine to go with swordfish, pesto pasta and asparagus

celebrate the day!

marj