Masters Running

Seattle R&R First Marathon Book! (Read 330 times)

Now that's what I call a great RR!  I've never run a marathon, but I was right there with you on

this one, and it made me think, once again, that I CAN do one!  

Thanks for writing this "book" - it'll go on the RA bestseller list 

Mariposai

This picture belongs here

Tammy you know that right now I am crying for joy and celebration for your great accomplishment. You not only finished a marathon, but you executed your plan like a maniac Smile.

As a runner I have great memories that I will always cherish, having been there with you for your "Victory Lap" is one of them. Every time I saw you during the race you were looking strong and always had a smile on your gorgeous face. Your smile kept me going every single time. Way to go tamster!!! I am so proud of you!!!

Tammy......... you are a M>A>R>A>T>H>O>N>E>R!!!! (see my DH told you I would yield that at least a dozen times Smile)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Congratulations, marathoner Tammy.  You had a great race with good friends and wrote a great report.

TomS

Tammy! This is a wonderful report and a great way to document a significant accomplishment. You trained with wisdom and raced with success and joy. It was fun and also a privilege to follow you along on this journey. Congratulations and I only hope I'll be there in person for your 2nd one, or 3rd one or.....

Come back easy and then start making your plans.

Way to go!

Karin

Prince of Fatness

That book was a great read.  What a bonus it must have been to share your triumph with all of those good people.

Congratulations!

Not at it at all. 

Tramps

Congratulations

I’m so glad you had such a great experience after your tough injury in your first attempt.  What an added bonus to be able to train with Laura, have a bunch of friends at Seattle, and get to run with Amy!

Great report; thanks for taking the time to write it.

BTW, I think Mile 25 pretty much always sucks.  

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy – what a joy it was to finally meet you and to be part of your first marathon experience (and Laura’s and Tim’s).  You have captured the weekend so well, and the fact that it was so much more than a race.  A huge WELL DONE MARATHONER!  Maybe we can do it again next year.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

woooooohooooooo Tammy!!  nice job MARATHONER!!!!!!!!

denise

Bravissimo, Tammy, Marathon woman.  Fantastic race and fantastic RR.  I started crying when you described how you felt when you saw the starting line and had chills as I read the rest of the report.  Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us. 

Eliz  

flomotioncoaching.com