Masters Running

June Masters Miles Awards (Read 344 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

It's time to say goodbye to June, and to post your monthly miles and any PRs!  Hope it was a good month, and that next month is even better.   Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and whatever else I feel like.  Looking forward to seeing everyone's totals and comments!

Here's a picture of the sunset last night, looking over Cayuga Lake from the Cornell campus. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Beautiful photo as usual, Carolyn, thanks for that!

June was a good month for me, even though my mileage wasn't as high as it was in May. Looking at my monthly average pace per mile though, I've been steadily increasing every month since March. Guess the coaching is paying off after all!

June = 134.5 miles

YTD = 713 miles

Two races (not counting the one I paced my friend) and two PR's (4-mile and 5k). Onward to July!

Mariposai

June was good to me too. 

221 miles, highest monthly miles since last fall.

Onward to July, my birthday sistahh!! Thanks for the thread and the great picture.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Jlynne

Carolyn, that's the best picture yet! What is that old saying "red sky at night, sailor's delight?"

Ouch - bad running month for me. I don't know why, really. I think I've lost my focus and need something to train for.

117.1 miles for June

865 YTD

Last month in the 55-59 AG Shocked

Thanks again, Carolyn! I was going to say that's not how I remember Lake Cayuga, but of course my view was from South Hill. Smile

June: 192.4

YTD: 1245

Several items of note from our running club's "decathlon" series, which is a series of 10 track races, run Wednesday nights. First time I ran these distances, so they're all PRs Smile

400m 73.6

600m 119

800m 3:08 actually part of a relay

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tramps

That is all.

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

159.5 miles for June for me.

1007.4 miles YTD for 2012

Still ahead of the pace bunny, but not by much. June started out great and I was on track for 200 miles, but this shin ailment (shin splint? sprain? tendinitis? I don't know) brought me to a screeching halt the last week.

coastwalker

Carolyn, you manage to capture gorgeous scenes, no matter where you are!

124.7 racewalking miles for June.

2nd place, racewalking div, 10K road race

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Gorgeous shot, Carolyn--we need a jay description to go with it.

Maintaining a mildly depressing downward milage total again this month--only 40.9.  only good news is that the last week was the highest in a good while.  hope that's a continuing positve sign.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

184.6 miles in June                

Two 10ks

One Half Marathon

One 5 mile race

1,105.1 miles YTD 

Runners run

Creeping back super slowly after a very bad hamstring injury that is still not conquered. June = 74.8 YTD = 277.9
                        Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks Carolyn!  Great picture, as always.

Nothing special this month but it was far from boring.  Running with my Garmin allowed me to venture off in any direction I chose to go.  I found a lot of trails I never knew existed...and they're right out my front door.  Very cool.  Anyway...

June: 179.9 Miles--1:25:43

YTD: 1119.4 Miles--143:53:46

Surprisingly low totals, but I think they're accurate: 52 running, 399 cycling.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Henrun

Thank you Carolyn-enjoy your eastern trip.

Henrun:100 (YTD-616.5)

Marj:80 (YTD-560);Cycling-YTD-629

HermosaBoy

THANKS!

June: 196.3 mi 25:17:22

2012 1,529.6 mi 192:58:23

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob