Masters Running

Race Reports for the February 23 & 24 weekend (Read 14 times)

Mariposai

Look who are racing this weekend!!!

02/23  TammyinGP - Rogue River HM, Rogue River, OR

02/24   tetsujin - Lunar New Year 5K, Seattle WA

We wish  you good luck and cant' wait to read your race reports!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I ran a HM this morning. First race of the year and one I like to do when I'm able because it's a running club sponsored race - low key, no frills, just nice and basic the way I like it, and only $25.  Today's run was more about being a long run for me and was hoping to just run the whole thing at a consistent pace with no walk breaks. I guess I achieved that goal.

Weather forecast had been calling for rain all weekend, so I anticipated being pelted by cold rain. nope. overcast and mid 40's and maybe a few drops once in awhile but not what I would call rain at all. It was actually IRC. 

My pacing was where I wanted it to be. low to mid 10's.  That is until I got to Mile 9.5 aid station.  Which had a secret table of temptation.  Raspberry beer.

Stopped momentarily, had a dixie cup of beer and then resumed running.  I guess my splits after that aid station kinda speaks for itself:

(aid station)

final time was 2:13:something with a 2nd AG.

Tammy

Nice experiment with the beer & good job out there, Tammy!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

Nice half marathon, Tamster. Wow, look at those splits!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard