Masters Running

CoolRunning/Active Update (Read 549 times)

JPGarland

Dave Camire of CoolRunning has posted a Forum Update: http://community.active.com/thread/39873?tstart=0
    anachrotech

I really think it's too little too late. The last posting on many of their forums is that one by Dave Camire from 7 hours ago. Damn shame. From what I'm looking at, they really haven't addressed many, if any, of their problems. RIP Coolrunning Cry
        first: "...even as we speak..." then: "...within the next week..." now: "...real soon..." Roll eyes poor guys.
          Simply stated...it is just a real shame....and it seems David was quite upset over the mass exodus....guess he just didn't get it....or he does and Active just ruined a good thing..
            "trolls who are bent on the destruction of this forum . . . " Huh?! I hadn't been back there in a while. Wow. I hadn't realized the exodus was so extensive. I'm with Tim; "a real shame".

Be safe. Be kind.

JPGarland

While the chit-chat threads have disappeared, certain discrete sub-communities remain loyal to the site and to their fellows, and those sub-communities are active, chiefly on the Newbie page. So, for example, you have lots of folks training for HMs speaking to one another. Otherwise, the 50+ group is hanging in there with some people (myself included) saying they're not going anywhere and a good degree of grumbling about technical difficulties. So the death of CoolRunning is, for now at least, greatly exaggerated.
                ...I hope they pull it off JP//.......it was the best website on the internet........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

JPGarland

...I hope they pull it off JP//.......it was the best website on the internet........
                  It's not a question, Tom, of whether "they" pull it off. Like a post-hurricane church, the building was never the community. It was the people. And while some/many/most took the first, or second, ride out of town, there are others who come to services even without a roof and will keep things going. That's what I mean with my references to the sub-communities that have continued and taken the changes in stride. So CoolRunners still have a place to meet. It's a question of whether "we" (and I don't know whether you are among us) pull it off.
                  SteveP

It is a shame. Where ever my running homies hang, that's where my crib will be. A community isn't a site, but a collection of individuals. These people here are rock solid. Bless your heart JP. I've gone back to see if there has been progress. We wish the site the best of luck.

SteveP

Manchild

JP and SteveP, I'm in complete agreement with both your posts. I do miss CR but I'll move on. Chris