Masters Running

President’sDaily (Read 39 times)

bioguy

hmmm, no one has started a thread yet. I’m on my phone so no recap of sunday. Working in my empty classroom getting ready for the week, then a 6 miler midday.

tailwinds!

Thanks bioguy!

1.5 early treadmill miles to break my streak record- 961 days now.  Downtown at our big annual sales meeting and trade show.  Hopefully I’ll get outside for a few more miles later.

4 difficult miles after being on my feet most of the day walking around the Convention Center and downtown Nashville.  It was 73 degrees, which is nice, but not what we are used to right now.  The run felt pretty awful, but it's done!      5.5 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

Congrats KSA.  Thank you bioguy.

Another beautiful day in Paradise. Yesterday we ran the Paradise Coast 5K. This morning we cycled along Naples’ roads, stopped for coffee and passed many runners and cyclists. The’re in the midst of a heat wave here and no rain in sight until we head back north at the beginning of March.

C-R

Way to step up bioguy.

Keep it rolling Karen. I took the over in Vegas on you.

glad its nice there Henry.

Sitting in the hospital today just waiting. Hopefully I can get some miles later but its raining something fierce today. Well there's still the treadmill.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

Ran a 5-mile race yesterday but too tired to write about it. I did better than expected so I was pleased with it.

Seems like we can't go in any direction around here due to the rivers coming up over the streets. The main road east out of town is under water from the Gayaundotte River. The flood gates have been raised in Huntington so the city will be ok. Too bad for the cities along the Ohio River without flood walls though I guess. 

I am going to head over to the park and run 1 or 2 miles. See if I can loosen up from yesterday's race and clear my head for work. I don't know about work. I am tired of being the person who answers every question and is involved in every project. Too many managers and project mangers roaming around.

The Buffalo Sabres play an afternoon game against the Washington Capitols, but for reasons known only to special prosecutor Mueller, all Washington games are blacked out here in Huntington so I won't be forced to watch another Sabres loss.

Distance to NHL cities from me:

Columbus - 136 miles

Pittsburgh - 279 miles

Detroit - 334 miles

Nashville - 339 miles

Raleigh - 371 miles

Washington DC - 414 miles - *yet these games are blacked out in my area*

mta: 1.3 miles at the park. 70° & sunny. If I don't forget, I'm going to do a 6 minute core workout. I like it because it loosens up my back.

2.5 treadmill miles before work for me -- hit a couple machines after and that's all I had time to do

Love the drive in on a Monday holiday especially the start of school vacation week!! I practically flew into Boston!! Wish all my commutes could be so easy -- well I guess they could if I drove in an hour earlier every day

I am so happy for Henry and Marj!! I absolutely loved the Naples area and the weather there. I could definitely see myself spending winters in Florida and summers in Maine when I retire - God willing!!

denise

..yes dave,

you should catch a Preds Game,,,,,,,,,,,,,Interestingly enough, they're all Tennessee Boys..........

n0t

===============

........cloudy, windy, and mild

30-min HH 3-lb boots 4-lb handwgts at Soccer Fields

taking my Old Boots to be re-soled..........thought they'd like one last ''jogg''

Funny

how we grow to Love our FootGear.......................but in a Non-Creepy Way

.................Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

bioguy

Worked in my classroom for about 4 hours then went home and ran an easy 6.

tailwinds

spacityrunner

5 miles on hot springs mountain to get this running week started. Oh lordy it was hot out there 73f..and we have a stormy week ahead of us. The flash flood warnings are already issued  

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, quick fly by - end of month deadlines are crushing me...

45 minutes of weights and core today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Alexa for Seniors

https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk

Mariposai

hmmm, no one has started a thread yet. I’m on my phone so no recap of sunday. Working in my empty classroom getting ready for the week, then a 6 miler midday.

tailwinds!

Thanks for starting the daily! You so rock. And a HUGE thanks for your dedication to education for showing up on your day off to have your classroom ready. Teachers like you is who made the rest of us where we are today!

Today was an hour of walking in near 3F and sunshine. Inspiration was all around me since I was not alone on this adventure. Then was 1 hour of gym diva with my girlfriends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Congratulations KSA!! Ah....Nashville.

I rested a wonky ankle.

There's been a discussion or two about the up and coming generation. I guess it's not correct to tell someone to think. In the three years I've been back with the company, it's been the most profitable property in the state. Maybe I've had a little something to do with it. Maybe not.

I organize things and bang my head against the wall.

I looked at what was due in Tuesday. One of our suppliers who has the bar set pretty low was double shipping an order again. I called them up and told the woman on the phone that we were only going to pay for the order once. Then I ranted, "My word! What if our customer ordered twins and you sent two sets of them?!! Who needs four screaming little carp factories!!!".

We had nearly 25 knotty pine doors come in. I secured them to a cart and tucked them away safe. It was possibly the furthest corner of the warehouse. The 30 ish year old fella that loaded them up, carried them one at a time to the truck and left the cart and strapping on the floor.

There's two 150lb slabs on a skid that can be picked up with a fork lift. On a cart that can be rolled. The person loading cut the bands. Left them on the floor. Carried the slabs and complained that they were too heavy.

I left 50lb boxes of star parts on a cart to wheel to the truck and load. The person loading them, at least 30 years old, cut the bands where to cart set and carried one box at a time to the truck.

Thank goodness the 27 year old college graduate was wearing his seat belt. He was straight out told that he could not use the forklift he was on to haul 4,500 lbs units of lumber. Well, he may be smarter than the rest of us. He wasn't this time. When he went to set the unit down, he had to extend his forks and the lift flipped forward until the unit of lumber rolled off of the fork lift and  landed on it's side. Free on the two and a quarter ton counter balance, the guy's machine slammed back onto the ground. The man was visibly shaken. I yelled at him. "That is not how you rotate stock!".

After he calmed down, I told him that he did not have to learn every lesson the hard way. It's up to him.

Eye rolling cross training.

SteveP