Masters Running

Tues May 6 Daily Runs (Read 444 times)

Sirwalksalot posts here and he is signed up for Vermont City. Spareribs
    Isn't there a forum fine for quoting someone's entire message even though you're just responding to one line in it? Just askin'

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

spacityrunner

Well, I just returned from presenting my thesis project to a room full of students and more bosses from my job than I care to think about. I was honored that so many of them made time to come hear me. How many bosses do I have?? Well, 4, yep count em 4, But I report only to 2 directly (only 2 she says Roll eyes )...gotta love those gov't jobs...then I had one head honcho that hold the purse strings for the dept. and one whose dept. deals directly with the issue I spoke about and one former boss....yowsa! And, if I can go back to school and get a masters, let me tell you, anyone can. Whew, am I glad that is done and over with. And, drum roll please, my foot has magically gotten way better. Like, overnight. When I posted my drama post the other day, it was still all achy and stuff. But, then it just kinda stopped being achy, a little each day, until today, I wore my fancy ass shoes for 2 hours and when I put my running shoes back on, foot felt fine. And, I have been walking everyday this past week for a mile. Waiting for it to rear its cranky head, but it just keeps getting better. Uh, I am excited. So, I have fired up the garmin and the ipod and will start fitness walking soon, not today, but soon. I will continue to walk the mile adding a few steps each time, paying attention to the smallest change in condition. And I am hopeful. There is a guy at my club that does something called M.A.T. I forget now what that stands for, muscle activation technique or something like that. I have an appointment with him on Thursday to try this out. Anyone here ever done this? or have any feedback on this? I have never heard of it before. BTB: So glad your surgery went as well as it did. Rest it. Holly: Moving is a great time to let go of stuff. Thanks everyone for sharing your runs and your life here. I have learned so much from you all...

Trails Rock!

anachrotech

btb - Heal well....nice to know it seems to have come out well. Smile Well this morning I missed my run because my joints bothered me a bit. Not as much as before. Later on in the day I decided to make it up an run after work - as punishment - as Il don't like afternoon/evening runs. But I got it done - slow. 3 miles in34 Good runs all.

Manchild

AAmos, I am running Vermont on May 25th as is SueT48 and I believe Busiman... Howbout you? Chris

GreenMan

Congratulations Liz! Roch, I'm with Holly on the rhubarb. Be right over. Walked 8 miles, about 2 hours, Sandals, no socks, 2 blisters. Hi Dromi Big grin jjj
            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
              Congratulations Liz! Roch, I'm with Holly on the rhubarb. Be right over. Walked 8 miles, about 2 hours, Sandals, no socks, 2 blisters. Hi Dromi Big grin jjj
              Hi JJJesse! Big grin You sure walked a lot for a recovery week! Take care of those blisters.
                5.6 easy miles 9:30 pace in 75 and sunny weather. I need to get into taper mode I guess. This week is not to bad but next week is going to be odd after all these weeks of marathon training. May 24th needs to get here soon. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

King of PhotoShop

Oh Liz. How happy I am that there is light for you. Well done on the Masters work. I really admire you. As you all can see, I ditched the Breger avatar, trying to distance myself from good looking six foot thirteen guys with arms draped around every female in Oregon. I need to create a new market differentiator. Roch, I entirely agree! First time for us. I just needed to quote one line. But Aamos is faamous, and we all deserve to hear her twice. (And while I am at it, you dirty dog, you got your wish about the Stars over the Sharks! Now let the fight begin with your Wings. DG, are you listening?) Spareribs
                  wildchild

Carolyn

No run today, but I know that means I can post anyway. Cool Just been figuring out what we're gonna do for health insurance coverage since I'm no longer employed after tomorrow. I'm planning to celebrate my lack of employment by going for a long run tomorrow. No need to wait for a weekend anymore, eh? And I figure I'll need the stress relief, since my last official day is kind of stressful and depressing. Lots of good stuff today - too much to respond to, but rest assured I read every word! I know I've been delinquent on posting photos from our trip to Japan. Here are a couple:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Renee the dog

10 min until I go out running. Renee went with Mr Nono this morning, so she has to stay home. She is NOT taking the news well. btb, good luck with your active recovery! I'm a fan of it myself. Will keep holding good thoughts for Amy.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

Now let the fight begin with your Wings. DG, are you listening?) Spareribs
                        http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=AocEND2WGrU ->
                          A nice 5.06 mile run this evening in IRC. The basketball and hockey playoffs move to another round and the Red Sox continue to win in baseball. No wonder Aamos is grinning. Did I miss something or was there a lack of pictures coming out of the Eugene Marathon? Glad your foot is feeling better RunninginDC Also glad that you are doing okay after the surgery BTB. That is neat about Amy's mother doing a race. Does anyone know what cemetary DarkHorse is buried in? I figure he has to be dead to have so totally disappeared.
                          Vista
                          TammyinGP

Vista, it may or may not be worth it, but over on Kick, John took most of the pics and as he responded to everyone's race reports, he replied with the photos that he took of that person - some from the dinner, some from along the course. There are some great pics, so if you are inclined, please pop over there and scroll through all our race reports for pictures. And in my RR over there, I even found video footage of me and Souci that I posted a link to.

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=AocEND2WGrU ->
                              Okay, I watched that video. You are SOOOO toast! And to think I thought you were adorable. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Man, I got super sick last Sunday night with a sore throat and the sore and achy feeling.... and blah blah blah. Didn't run Monday resting, then went out and ran 7 miles tonight and felt absolutly horrible....would someone bonk me on the head and tell me how stupid it is to run sick!!! I actually had a decent pace at 8:30, but was just wanting to get home and rest. I am going to bed super early tonight, and hope I feel better tomorrow. I did read the daily thread, but don't feel like responding right now....ok, let the bonk on the head begin. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!