Masters Running

Saturday Running & Dancing in the Streets (Read 475 times)

Good Morning Everyone especially our Seattle racers!

It's a beautiful morning

I think I'll go outside for awhile and just smile

Breathe in the clean fresh air                                                      Rascals 1967

Most perfect morning here in NE Ohio  62F with sunny blue skies.  We really don't get that many here so it's extra special.

The usual Saturday run 5 mles around the neighborhood with DW 9:19 pace. 

Saved alot for 10k race tomorrow. 

Best of luck racers!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Making slight progress in my quest to become a pre-dawn runner.  Up before 5:30, finally got out the door a little before 7:00.  Heat and humidity reminded me that I need to get moving even earlier.  Temps only in the mid-70s, but humidity in the 90s. 

Ran 4.5 and walked 1 in my cute new running skirt.  Minimal ankle pain.    Met a new kitty in my neighborhood and had a nice little chat with her while I took a stretch break. 

Go, go, go, Seattle racers.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Best of luck to the Seattle racers!  What a fun time for all of you -- we're sorry we're missing it.

Eliz, Sarge - way to go on the early runs!

I've been off for a while trying to let an irritated nerve in my back calm down.  I'm starting up again Monday regardless.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck in Seattle!!

Got back from Bar Harbor last night.  Thursday, I ran 9.7 miles (with some walking and stops for photos!) on the carriage roads around Eagle Lake and Witch Hole Pond, while DD11 rode her bike back and forth.  Saw a LOT of out-of-shape folks riding bikes.  I guess they hear it's the thing to do in Acadia or something!  I played leapfrog with some of them, because they took so many breaks.  Made me feel happy to be a runner!

This morning I got up and did 4 easy miles.  Off to our camp tomorrow.  My middle child has decided he wants to try HS XC next year, so he and his older brother have a running schedule to stick to.  I'm glad, because that will make me hit the roads, too!  It's kind of inconvenient, because to run on paved roads, we have to drive about 4 miles first.  DS16 doesn't mind running on the gravel roads, but they're so rough and uneven that I don't like to.

Have a good weekend!!

Right now it's 6:30 AM in Seattle and the runners are getting ready and the port-a-potties lines are long.  Good Luck everyone!

This morning I ran with the hawt wimmins (and assorted men).  It was a little better morning temperature wise (73° and 84%) which made it far more comfortable that the same run last weekend.  As expected they moved along at a good clip.  13.1 miles in 1:51:30 (8:32).

Coach wants me to do a serious slow-down which I guess I'm going to have to do.  But I have become quite comfortable at MP for 3 or 4 months now - like never before.  It is scary to think about slowing down and getting used to that again.  But I'll follow Coach's directions.  He knows better than me.

I'm going to miss the hawt wimmins.  They run very well. 

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Henrun

Wish I were in Seattle-but life goes on in the northeast. We're babysitting Marj's granddaughter (Jodie) today. Before she arrived here we did an easy 4 miles in the early morning heat and humidity.  I was supposed to wait until Monday after my outpatient surgery 2 weeks ago but I started back on Wed. and have run steadily since then with no ill effects. Even got back on the bike yesterday and am about to head out on it again while Marj heads to the playground with Jodie.

We're stuck in a weird weather pattern. Sun is out but showers and rain fire up at least once a day. Can't plan on a totally clear day.

King of PhotoShop

Uh oh!  A bit of bad news to start our day.  Mariposai, Aamos, Holly and Dove are in Mariposai's car, about a mile from the start.  Unfortunately, the race started two minutes ago!  In the car just in front of them are Evanflein and Tammy.

I understand there is a wave start and it's chip timing, so the runners don't seem overly concerned about this.  In fact, I was very surprised at what a good mood they are all in.  Good luck to them.  Spareribs

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Awww Byll.. don't give up the hawt wimmin! If your coach thing works you'll be running much faster than the hawt wimmin, what would ya do then??

3.2 hawt miles at 9:18 pace saving some for long HHHH run tomorrow. Only ran Tory and Sadie 1 mile. They were panting pretty good by then.

Nice Eugene race clip of our local Shaleene Flanagan (Byll .. these wimmin will be fast enough for you when coach is done his grooming):

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235247/189373

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Uh oh!  A bit of bad news to start our day.  Mariposai, Aamos, Holly and Dove are in Mariposai's car, about a mile from the start.  Unfortunately, the race started two minutes ago!  In the car just in front of them are Evanflein and Tammy.

uhoh...

but I see Erika, Holly, Dove and Mari all started at 7:41 (vs 7:00 gun time) Tammy and Aamos started together a bit later (they should pass a record number of runners today!):

http://www.liveraceresults.com/liveelite/Default.aspx

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

I understand there is a wave start and it's chip timing, so the runners don't seem overly concerned about this.  In fact, I was very surprised at what a good mood they are all in.  Good luck to them.  Spareribs

and

GO racers! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

'morning! 

thanks for the updates and the link!    does anyone have a list of bib numbers?  

Lou... I've been wondering about you & mrs. beer.  sorry your nerve thing is lingering...  How's Harriet's knee?

Henrun... be careful!  

oh poor Byll.   the sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of excellence.  ;-)

4.58 miles this morning, a bit hot for me but it was really nice.  not too fast... 10.19 average, but I'm getting better steadily & have not tripped or fallen for 2 weeks & 1 day. 

(oops)   mta   GO RACERS!!!!!!!!  

Oh no, and to think as I was finishing on the east coast I was thinking that group would be off and running! 

Eliz, I think we started around the same time.

WRFB & Henrun, {{{{{{ healing vibes }}}}}}}  You two both be careful out there .. run smart!

It's been really weird lately, it seems when I pick a pace that I want to average, I actually have been hitting the paces +/- 1 sec without looking at my garmin.  Today's long run of 19.2 miles was just like it.  I didn't worry about my pace and just went easy since my last long run was a fast finish and this time I was hoping to average 9:43 (I know, weird to think of an exact number) and then when I hit reset on my garmin and looked at the avg ... 9:42 !!  Weird, in a good way of course.

Looking fwd to some great reports!  Pleasant Sat and Sun runs all

rs 

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                          SteveP

Have fun with your race Sarge

WRFB, if the pain were lower, I'd ask you to name it after me.

"Hold on Lizbeth!! This is the big one!!"

Kewl DG!!

The dog and I went 8.4 miles today.

Though it's late in the year, we saw Pink Lady Slippers !!!!

One pond had wild irises..Kewl.

With one mile left, Tag was starting to dog it. We snuck into an empty park and he waded into the lake and laid down in the water. I pet him and he rolled over on his back but managed to keep his ears dry.

When he was done, he gabbed the leash and pulled me the rest of the way back.

SteveP

wild, you have every right to brag about your daughter's SAT scores.  They're impressive.

Nice long runs for PBJ and runningsmarter.

This morning, I did a 10K race in Saginaw, MI.  The temp was probably in the high 60s at the start and mid 70s at the end.  It was on a paved walkway along the river and quite nice.  I did better than I expected by sneaking under a 9:00 pace.  I was .6 seconds behind my friend Leonard who's in my age group so ended up 2/3 in my AG.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, Tom, sorry you missed 1st in AG by 0.6 seconds!  But congrats on 2nd place, and if it was a friend who beat you, it's all good.

I ran a PR in my half marathon this morning!  2:11:18, which is a PR by 2:40, so I'm happy.  I would have liked to break 2:11:00 so I'd be under a 10mm, but a PR is a PR!   Not sure of all the rankings yet as the results aren't posted, but I got 14th in my AG - not sure out of how many.  Beautiful Colorado blue skies, cool at the start, maybe 50°, and into the 60's by the end.  I'll post more when I get the results and hopefully a good race picture.

Hey, Eliz, I got a cute new running skirt, too, and wore it at the race.  We're Boomer goddesses on the run!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.