Masters Running

Tue Sep 9 Runs and Workouts (Read 493 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Aamos, that would be great fun to get together to watch the Sox! DH and DS got back to Portland around 12:30 am. I drove our other car down to the dealership to drop it off to be worked on, and met them there. Then we ate at Denny's! DS made it through school today, just barely. They had such a good time looking around Fenway and soaking in the atmosphere. They bought a Sox calendar and two shirts. They said a guy was selling two tickets outside the park for $150 each. I wonder where the seats were?
      It's a date Aamos! Watching the Sox together will be great fun! Big grin
        Enke, sorry for your sickly co-workers--I always try and remember to wash my hands after coming back from the jail, there is always some bug going around over there. BC, that website looks useful, if it turns out it wasn't the rock berger, and all our friends south, I am sorry for those storms--hope they end soon. You must all feel waterlogged. ANyone have mushrooms growing in their bathrooms or cellars yet Sad? I'm feeling some trepedation as to tonight's game. Dice-K is always interesting and the Rays are still a good team. annied, I don't remember you, and I have a place to stay in Boston, but I'd love to meet you--we'll have things happening, I'm sure. How did I miss you this year? I wouldn't mind hearing more about being able to snag a seat on your bus! That sounds wonderful. Instead of bogging down the daily here, I'm going to post a new thread with a brief summary of DH's heart news, just for anyone interested. grins, A
        Masters 2000 miles
          Tuesday - 6.03 miles - progressive - 49:40 (8:13) Avg HR 126 Max HR 143 - 68 degrees overcast & 84 % humidity. 8:45 - 8:36 - 8:28 - 8:07 - 7:59 - 7:28 - :12 Now it's off to a 6:00 Yoga class! Smile
          wildchild

Carolyn

Never mind! Carry on...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

lynden, sorry to hear you were disappointed with your marathon. It sure sounds good to me but we all have different goals. wildchild, nice PR in your 10K. mariposai, I'm sorry that your father in law is not well. My thoughts are with all of you. Handy, congrats to your son and his soccer team on their win. dtoce, nice marathon. Were you running with lynden? You had the same time. Tammy, nice job for your son getting a TD in his game. maine, happy belated birthday. hopeful, I read that article in RW and it was good. I can now say I know a relative of a famous writer. Also, nice puppy picture. annied, it's nice to have a post from you. Do it more often. Nice long runs for busi, WRFB, enke (last part fastest and best), Sarge, sue, Peter, maine, henrun, marj, Tramps, and deez. Good job on the speedwork for maine, Holly, and Enke. This morning it was in the low to mid 50s with a light breeze. I got in 8 miles in a little over 1:17 for a 9:39 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                Enke, sorry for your sickly co-workers
                Thanks Aamos, but that was Erika. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hello evryone! 3 easy untimed miles for me this evening. Perfect weathr!
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    Good Evening all---hi evryday! Run number two for me----3 miles at 8:15 pace (I was running late) to the weekly 5k prediction race. Predicted 22:30---course very muddy and flooded in one spot---ran a 22:19, 2nd woman overall, 1st in age group----ran home the long way for 4 more miles at 8:30 pace and total of 14.1 on the day. First two miles of the 5k in 6:48, 6:47 and then last mile has the steep hill and a place so flooded we had to cross over on wooden planks. All good. Tired now....will join the guys who just got back from hockey for some Alton Borwn vieiwng and then sleep soon! G'nite Karin/CNYrunner
                      Thanks Aamos, but that was Erika. Smile
                      I'm an eejit, so sorry Embarrassed For pennance, I let my running club drag me out for a second run of the day, too--and speed work no less, tonight--7 Yassos, one warm-up at a sane pace and the other 6 at 3:25 or less. Mercy, A Sox must stage rally soon!
                      Masters 2000 miles
                        Hi everyone Back from 4 days at the cottage. Had a great time with my dad, helped with closing up, caught some big fish and won the Sudbury Masters Half Marathon. Tough tough hilly course, crossing beaver dams and up 20 or so big hills. Followed the leader for 18K or so, was bogged down when we met up wth a dog a thon on narrow trails and with 3.5K to go was 200 meters back but then he started coming back to me and I passed him on the hills with 2.1K to go and won by over 3 minutes. My dad saw me bring it home. What a day, trophy, medals, amazing gifts and my name on the Sudbury Masters Cup (32nd anniversary). All in all a great day of running. All this after a morning where I though I had had a few to many cold ones and irish whyskies....Wow. Take care Tall The big one is in two weeks...with the Army Run.

Recent Best times: None recently

Strength workout: 100 pushups 100 situps 30 barbell curls 30 lat pulldowns 30 squats 30 leg curls 30 leg extensions 50 wrist barbell curls Dark Horse
                          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

King of PhotoShop

I'm an eejit, so sorry Embarrassed For pennance, I let my running club drag me out for a second run of the day, too--and speed work no less, tonight--7 Yassos, one warm-up at a sane pace and the other 6 at 3:25 or less. Mercy, A Sox must stage rally soon!
                            They did. Bay homered in 8th scoring Youklis who walked with 2 out. 4-3 Sox. Spareribs
                            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Tim, I missed it, which marathon you are doing? Definitely take it easy if you feel an injury coming! annied, don't you know there are fines for people that mention a race, but don't post a report? :-) Please give us more than "I had a big race..." Spareribs...glad to hear the eliptical trainer worked for you today! Tall, Congrats on the HM!! Please post a full report... Fortunately the thunderstorm ended on queue so I could do my usual Tuesday night intervals. Tonight was 5x1200 w/2 mins between each interval. Maybe it is just the miles I'm putting in, but I like the 1200 much more than the 800. I don't get into a groove until 800 meters. In the final one my ham was a bit sore, so I backed way off. Lately it feels like half of my workout are avoiding injury :-P
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter
                              evanflein

4.63 stupid treadmill miles in 40 minutes. Was a nice enough day out to run outside, but when I need to control my pace or terrain/footing, I like the treadmill. Got to listen to all the Pavarotti I put on my iPod awhile ago and haven't heard yet. Wow.... The boys were playing catch out in the yard and DS1 almost threw the ball through the window! Angry I told them to go play in the street. What a mom.