Masters Running

Tuesday 1/29/18 (Read 45 times)

anneb

Mike- I agree that I don’t recall weather being such a news topic!

And geez people- I was not referring to hopping into my car and walking across a parking lot at my place of employment. I should have said walking/bussing/training. The rails don’t do so well below -10. Well, not the ones that carry 1000’s of people downtown everyday anyways.

Anne

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, 5 miles after work.  Won't complain about the temps or wind (to be fair, nothing to complain about).

Situation came up at work that reinforced why I'm here.  Gonna have to take some drastic measures tomorrow.

One of my proudest running possessions is a "Running Club North" singlet.  Always fun to wear it in the summer in Alabama....doesn't help, but it is fun.

Mike, my hats off to you and your SFS brethren.  Especially at the northern tier bases....and that particular mission set.

Have a greta night everyone!

Mariposai

Hey y'all, 5 miles after work. 

Situation came up at work that reinforced why I'm here.  Gonna have to take some drastic measures tomorrow.

Have a greta night everyone!

Wishing you strength to do be able to deliver the drastic measures tomorrow.

I too had a lovely run after work. 6 miles plus half an hour at the gym. It was balmy 45F.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

5.2 miles on the treadmill tonight after work. I wouldn't call them lovely miles, but got 'em done. Legs still sore.

Carolyn, I love running in the roads like that. That's why when it's snowy and unplowed elsewhere, I like running on the roads south of campus, in the neighborhoods behind DH's office. Low traffic and well packed down snow makes for good running with spikes or screws.

Quickadder

I too had a lovely run after work. 6 miles plus half an hour at the gym. It was balmy 45F.

Seems to be the trend tonight. A lovely run after work for me also. 42F - not exactly balmy but good for shorts and long sleeve shirt. 9.5 miles at 9:15 pace.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47